• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

For the first time ever, and since I think it has a lot of potential for discussion, I will paste our whole new update here:

The Finer Things

We understand that many of you are excited for the beta, so without further ado, I want to confirm that the Beta will be released in June as scheduled. Exact date is still unknown, but the wait is finally coming to an end - be sure of that. In the first phase of Beta, you will spend most of your time on the island of Sattnyr where a small, primitive village called Bawfuria is located. If you think the old Sattnyr Island was a fun challenge, wait 'til you see what we have prepared now.

upz_5.png

Sattnyr is all about beginnings and introductions, so it goes without saying that this island will be a thorough interlude to even greater things to come. You will meet some people for the first time here, you will see some new items for the first time here, and you will discover a lot of creatures - which is what I will put the spotlight on now.

Many of you are surely used to the dull way majority of the OTs and even Tibia are creating creatures. We will strive to bring some great changes in this area over the time, to maximize the challenge and uniqueness of each creature race. You will find that creatures in Necronia will behave significantly different than in the previous version, and their responses to some of your actions may even surprise you (can't say pleasantly). We are giving an unique ability, or a set of abilities, to almost every creature, even rats. Amongst the arsenal of powerful new spells, there will also be abilities that will challenge your reflex, timing, strategy and mind. For instance, some creatures thrive on culling the meek, and they can sense the weakest player in a group. Once they have their target in sight, they will use a set abilities to render the others useless and the target immoble, allowing them for an easy kill. On the other hand, some creatures are afraid of players in groups, so they will most likely try to retreat.

upz_7.png

Bats sleeping during the day

upz_8.png

Player suffering from an insect egg infestation

upz_2.png

Earthcrawler eating food from the ground and healing

Sattnyr Island will also come filled with Bosses that will drop the unique Furian set items. Most bosses look the same as before, but were given new names, abilities and locations, as well as loot. Boss fights will be especially interesting because you never know how a boss might behave and what tricks it has underneath its sleeves. In addition to the old 5 bosses, we are adding 1 more boss called Wormother, and a secret Bawfuria boss that shall remain nameless.

upz_1.gif

Taranterror in her silky lair

Additionally, I would like to say that the there are no longer going to be any experience rates. Experience gain will be totally custom, based on the original low-exp frame of Tibia (1x). This, however, called for a remake of the old equipment and systems too. Equipment, from now on, will be primarily gained through smithing and trades. We will try to keep the item wearing requirements as low and reasonable as we can, to allow for a huge diversity of choices and even inter-class mixing of equipment types. With this, relics, artifacts, enchantments, and rarities - we allow for a massive hybridisation of character traits and give you more freedom to strive towards the style you like.

You like being a swordsman but you're bummed out by your low mana? No problem, wear an armor that will give you a bit less protection but provide you the mana you need! What is even better, most of the equipment (not weapons) will be available through the smithing system as long as you keep upgrading. I should mention that creatures are also going to drop equipment, but more rarely. The dropped equipment will always be level 1, so whatever you drop, you will be able to upgrade. In addition to that, dropped equipment can also be affected by the rarity system.
To make it easier for you to smith items and find information about recipes, we will be replacing the old blacksmithing menu with something much more delicate. You can see a prototype here:

upz_12.png

Prototype of the new smithing window

For those who may have not yet heard, we've also changed the currency format from: gold -> platinum -> crystal, to: bronze -> silver -> gold.

upz_13.png

The contact page of our website was recently reworked, so go check it out if you are interested in developing Necronia with us, we have new positions open. We are definitely looking forward to launching this beta and meeting all of you on the beautiful hills of Bawfuria. It is going to be a thrilling experience for all of us, and we are very happy to see that after all this time, the interest in Necronia has only kept rising. So, until the next update - join our streams, register on our forum, share our facebook page, whatever you like, just keep the hype alive because everyone needs to be ready! Thank you all very much, and have a nice day Necronians.

upz_3.png

P.S. If you are looking to see more pictures of Necronia, we will post some exclusive new screenshots on our facebook/OTLand mapping page now.

Common Shiva where's the good news!!!!!! Lmao jk bro I love seeing the progression from the point where I played many years ago.

Don't flame guys, nobody is getting banned unless they violate the rules, that's something that should be clear. Also I want to say that we will be doing more giveaways on either of our stream on Twitch.tv, so check them out when they are online if you are interested ^-^

It's almost June, any further news?? haha

Except the news about the beta and that what you can see on necronia.com, there's not much else I can reveal. But we're getting there. We just had a very successful conference in the team, made some sick plans, and this following week should be just bursting with new content hopefully.

I will make a new news post once we feel there is enough to speak of. :D

So, we've been working our ass off the whole day and finally fixing many issues that were lying around since the dawn of last Necronia. So far there are 45 creatures on Bawfuria (38 of them with special abilities), and 5 scripted Bosses that I can't wait to see in action. I really believe that they will bring huge excitement to their challengers, and will require a lot of wit and thought before they can be taken down properly. We will maybe have a preview of some of them soon, but I can't promise anything. Not just that, but we added some cool things too such as new gauges for Rage, Necromancy and the latest addition to our damage-type arsenal - Venom.

Venom Archetype & Damage

venoms1.png

This special damage type will be used by Venom monsters, which is a new category of poisonous creatures waiting to make you rot. There are 2 types of these creatures, as well as hybrids:

"Stackers" and "Bursters"

venoms2.png

Venom Stackers will apply stacks of venom into your blood.
But surprisingly, this special type of venom is not deadly by itself.
In order to burst and deal damage, it needs to be triggered by another substance.

This is where Venom Bursters come into play.

They possess the substance needed to burst the venom coursing through your veins.
Combined together, these 2 types of venom creatures can deal potentially fatal damage because even the weakest burster (e.g. Swampqueen Snake) can trigger all of the venom in your blood.

While you are envenomed, you will have an extra stat bar indicating the amount of damage you will receive if your venom is bursted.

So keep an eye on the bar and do not let it, under any circumstances, reach its full potential.

venoms3.png

There are going to be several ways to remove venom from yourself, such as:

*Anti-Venom Potion
*Drinking water from the Hill of Life
*Various anti-venom foods
* And of course, getting bursted.

Additionally, we will be adding a new relic or artifact that adds resistance to venom damage.
You can see our old screenshot of Venolisk here.

I'm still waiting to try this out - seems like its dragging!
I'd like to suggest something though.
Stop adding tons of new shit, you'll run out of ideas when the server is running. This way you can make awesome updates while people are playing which will make them want to stay.

To me, it seems like you have enough content to run it. Perhaps I'm just a little excited to play something new..

Keep it up!

I recommend Three Magic's words.
You can keep the rest of the work, to make more updates!

I can ensure you guys, that there is plenty of more content cooked up in Shivas head. No need to worry.
And for this huge update, it sure is Worth the wait O_O Rather have the last Little things ready for you to try out on the beta :)

Thanks for you patience!

Back