• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

guys im so mad right now, i downloaded client+update and just found out that i need a beta key to join. is there any chance i can get it?

There is no way to get a beta key currently, but stay tuned and like our page on facebook, we may have some events with giveaways sooner or later. Currently working on some new content.

I'm playing Necronia right now (Hisoka) and man, you can't get bored with this game, so many things to do, so many things to think, secrets... You have my giant congratulations!

(Sorry for the bad english)

Soooo I eventually worked on a small guide and people kept asking the same question over and over again!
What makes Necronia special and better then all the other OTservers out there?

: Everything

With the last update of Tibia all the graphic of spells got improved, hope we can see them in Necronia soon, some of them are epic.

For the past week there has been a slight delay in our team's progress on the server development due to the ugly, boring obligations of real life. But luckily, we're back in our own world. Without further ado, let's jump into what we'll be doing over the next few days.

First of all, we'll release the much expected 1.06 update for the client which should fix various several malfunctions in the client as well as allow us to continue with the development of classes and their spells.
Then, we will do some updates which will allow you to access Island of Judgement and test out the Swordsman vocation, as well as Shadowstriker (if we manage to finish some more mechanics for them in time). However, you'll be able to test these vocations strictly back on Bawfuria, as access to Avernum will be sealed off until all vocations have been tested. There is something more to look forward to though - several new events that we'll be adding over time. The first one called Sharpeye has already been added and will be perfected and fully automated soon.

Speaking of classes, as the last thing for now, we reveal a requested class from the roster of rangers:

CzDrAHQ.png

Additionally, 4 people out of all those who commented on our 5th anniversary questionnaire "What do you like most about Necronia" have been drawn and have received a reward code into their inbox.
@Blez , @kikos , @SpookieGamer , @Mauvm

Guess who's going for Shadowstriker vocation?
This GUY! ;D
Man, you guys are doing an amazing job, keep it up.
Haven't had much time to play in beta, but still is fun when I have the time to get on.
I just want it to be the day when this server is fully released to the public.

Best regards,
SpookieGamer.

PS: By the way, it would be cool if you could add a little video demonstrating these spells. :)

I can "summarize" the Shadowstriker class in 3 words: "Dangerous to play".
And that's why I like it. It makes the whole experience much better.
I guess it's a more immersive experience, because of the fact that you really have to play carefully and think about the next move your going to make.

Hardcore as always.
Congratulation for the 2000 post @Shadowsong :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Thanks mate, I didn't even notice I hit 2k hahaha. Oh wow, I remember when I had like 500 posts... Time sure flies by.

And that's why I like it. It makes the whole experience much better.
I guess it's a more immersive experience, because of the fact that you really have to play carefully and think about the next move your going to make.

That was the initial goal with them. Typical glass-cannon assassin type vocation.

I can "summarize" the Shadowstriker class in 3 words: "Dangerous to play".

Well said, well said!

Oh boy I can't wait! Any estimate on when Conqueria will be ready? \o/

Sadly, no. I'm starting college this monday so I won't be able to make any estimations until I figure out a new schedule for my everyday life. But as you can see, we're working on vocations every day, so when they're done, Conqueria is bound to come next.

And to finish this post off with something awesome, here's a spell-list for all abilities of the beloved Shadowstriker. Next up is either Necromancer or Saint. Let us know what you think about these abilities and if you'll be playing a shadowstriker or not! It's one of my top 3 personal favorites out of all classes on Necronia, together with Spellcasters and Wildhearts. :p

VgYgXMR.png

I wanna play :( @Shadowsong - I asked my buddy to use his account and he said he'd get in trouble cause yall track ips? Thats lame, he doesnt even play anymore :'( heartbroken </3

I wanna play :( @Shadowsong - I asked my buddy to use his account and he said he'd get in trouble cause yall track ips? Thats lame, he doesnt even play anymore :'( heartbroken </3

We don't track IPs during beta, if he has an account he can lend you, go ahead.
I just want to make it known right now that account trading and sharing will not be tolerated after the official release.

What do you like the most about Necronia?

I love Necronia because the graphic design of the website and the sprites are so perfectly made and you can see from a plane they're not rushed at all, they also indeed; fit the server so well! I love how the support team on Necronia are all amazing at their job, the map of Necronia is also fantastic and I can't wait to be able to play on it. I mean, I'm expecting an amazing map of all kinds, but mostly RPG.

Everything is custom!

Yes, the fact that the server is fully-custom and probably doesn't even have any features of real tibia except parts of the map and a few outfits/addons! I also love the idea of the sprites, the Gamemaster sprite is just amazing, it's like the SAO Gamemaster (Sword art online). The spells are also awesome, the animations are awesome, especially the spells for the vocation "Swordsman", very well-chosen! I also love the map names, the minimap looks exactly like the one in Lord of the rings, but the names are even better to be honest. I spotted on the minimap "undiscovered territory", makes me want to play Necronia even more and see what I can find/explore there!

I'm looking forward to seeing Necronia on the future, online of course. Anyways, take care and I hope Necronia is very very successful on the future! By the way, 2 more posts and congratulations, post 500th on this thread!

Kind Regards,
Mister Prime

So, what is it going to take to get this server online? Is it still too early in development to discuss this?

Are you trying to raise funds for hosting? What challenges are you currently facing? I want to see this online as soon as possible.

So, what is it going to take to get this server online? Is it still too early in development to discuss this?

Are you trying to raise funds for hosting? What challenges are you currently facing? I want to see this online as soon as possible.

It's going to take more time working on scripts for it. The map is done, the general lines and ideas on scripts are there, many of them are even done from the previous era, now we just need to sit and work hard on all the remaining ones. The only reason why there's such a delay is the fact that both I and Tarjei have a lot to deal with in real life too, so we have less and less time to work on Necronia. However, good news is, I have a new schedule now that allows me for some more work on it (hopefully, before exams start kicking in), and we have recruited a new scripter who is helping out.

Funding-wise, we have estabilished a solid base for funding the beginning of the server through our beta key donators, but of course, we hope that donations will cover the expenses after the release too. If not, we'll try to fund it from our own budget, but I don't know how that would work out long term. I know that there would be more donations if there were gifts such as EQ and all that other crap that rl maps have in their gift shops, but we will never do that and will try to keep it possible for everyone to enjoy for free.

What do you like the most about Necronia?

I love Necronia because the graphic design of the website and the sprites are so perfectly made and you can see from a plane they're not rushed at all, they also indeed; fit the server so well! I love how the support team on Necronia are all amazing at their job, the map of Necronia is also fantastic and I can't wait to be able to play on it. I mean, I'm expecting an amazing map of all kinds, but mostly RPG.

Everything is custom!

Yes, the fact that the server is fully-custom and probably doesn't even have any features of real tibia except parts of the map and a few outfits/addons! I also love the idea of the sprites, the Gamemaster sprite is just amazing, it's like the SAO Gamemaster (Sword art online). The spells are also awesome, the animations are awesome, especially the spells for the vocation "Swordsman", very well-chosen! I also love the map names, the minimap looks exactly like the one in Lord of the rings, but the names are even better to be honest. I spotted on the minimap "undiscovered territory", makes me want to play Necronia even more and see what I can find/explore there!

I'm looking forward to seeing Necronia on the future, online of course. Anyways, take care and I hope Necronia is very very successful on the future! By the way, 2 more posts and congratulations, post 500th on this thread!

Kind Regards,
Mister Prime

Wooh! Sorry for taking so long to reply to this wonderful comment, but it's great to hear appreciation for all the details we put effort into. The gamemaster outfit actually was inspired by the SAO one. :D

And thanks, I didn't even notice I reached 2k posts. Time sure flies by...
Well spent time on OTLand! ^-^

Looks great, can't wait for launch :)

Back