• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

So glad you joined necronia dark.... And really impressed of the project so far!
Indeed, and it has almost been a year since I joined it. Tjenn'Lunar was barely started and now the server is in beta.

I realize we haven't been posting much on Otland lately, but we're gonna make it up to you guys with some sweet posts from now on. If you're a beta tester, or a follower from the times of our old website, you know that monsters in Necronia are different from those you find in other servers. However, many were surprised at how far this goes, and it's pretty exciting to explore knowing that any creature that pops up has some sort of a unique ability waiting to pop off. So I'm gonna tell you a little story of players' experiences with some creatures, and the way they work.

These abilities range from offensive to defensive, strategic to mindless spam, fun to very annoying, etc. But it's all a part of the experience. When testers first encountered Earthcrawlers, they thought they were just a regular creature. But as they wounded them, the earthcrawlers dug holes in attempt to escape the wrath of the players. You can dig them back up with a shovel if you're lucky enough though. Some players were not that lucky most of the time, making them frustrated, and us very amused.

Trollface-small-normal2pl7-1.png

problem?

It's even funnier when the Earthcrawler escapes when he's 1 hit away from death. However, if you manage to kill them, they yield some pretty nice loot for beginners.

6b1d684719.gif

upz_2.png

Not only are blueberries a great food for replenishing mana quickly, but they are sought after by some villagers of Bawfuria. And once you discover a huge field filled with blueberry bushes, you'll be very tempted to stay farming there. However... Little mean tricksters known as Gobos have taken over the entire archipelago and won't let you take their blueberries so easily. You will find that the place is filled with gatherers that run in front of you and pick up as much blueberries as they can from the bushes before you can get to them. Then you have the Rogues, whose job is to make sure that they return all the blueberries that were taken by the players. Fighting them can be quite fun, but hold your blueberries tight 'cause they will run once they grab a lot! Good part is - if you manage to catch and kill them, you'll get your blueberries back.

6c7ac9064b.png

And then you have some creatures that retreat in other... less honorable ways.
For example, the "brave" caravanleaders of the Beduin squads will offer a surrender bounty in exchange for keeping their life. Would you let them live or proceed to slaughter?

67f5d22321.png

You must be wondering what kind of bosses lurk on Necronia if even the insignificant creatures such as Bats have unique abilities. So far there are 6 scripted bosses, each with abilities that require strategy and strength to defeat. Just today, we're fully releasing the final boss of Bawfuria, the mythical Gerakryll.

upz_7.png

(Bats sleeping during the day)

While I will not spoil much about him, there are some things I can show you.
If you find yourself wandering the abandoned mine tunnels below Bawfuria, you will see some gross things such as decapitated dwarves and corpses covered in nasty goo and spider webs. We take you to the lair of the horrible creature that's responsible for this - Taranterror. This gigantic tarantula has been lurking from the ceilings of the tunnels ever since they were made, feasting on unlucky prey that fell before her.

upz_1.gif

If you bring a group of players to hunt her down, beware. She is very smart. She'll pick out the weakest player from the group and mercilessly strike at him. If he attempts to escape, he'll be pulled back in by her web.
When she finds herself overwhelmed, she will retreat to the ceiling to rest a little, and leave you in a nasty ambush by her faithful spiderlings.

If you enjoyed reading about our creatures' abilities, we'll post some more later!
Also, feel free to post your own suggestions for creatures and their abilities, we'll definitely implement some of them if they are not too redundant or complicated to make!

Cool idea with the Earthcrawler, love this sprite
DSDH2k-r.png

Also like the combination and edits of sprites to create new ones, makes the nature look more natural.

Cool idea with the Earthcrawler, love this sprite
DSDH2k-r.png

Also like the combination and edits of sprites to create new ones, makes the nature look more natural.

Thanks Limos. c: We have edited and changed so many sprites to make nicer environments, too bad I haven't shown any of that in here. Might be something good for showoff in later posts.

I am not really sure what to show while the beta is ongoing, but if anyone has any requests or suggestions, let me know what you want to see and I'll post about it.

@Shadowsong It has been some time since I read 'bout necronia, I'm currently getting ready to start college tomorrow, but that doesn't really matter. xD
Been trying to contact you through skype, but you seem to never be online or just very busy. :p
Have you guys thought of a release date yet? I know I will be starting college soon, but would be great for when I have free time.
You know... video games help you relax and have a good time after over working your brain with all the thinking you have to do in college.

Great job, keep it coming.
Best regards,
SpookieGamer.

@Shadowsong It has been some time since I read 'bout necronia, I'm currently getting ready to start college tomorrow, but that doesn't really matter. xD
Been trying to contact you through skype, but you seem to never be online or just very busy. :p
Have you guys thought of a release date yet? I know I will be starting college soon, but would be great for when I have free time.
You know... video games help you relax and have a good time after over working your brain with all the thinking you have to do in college.

Great job, keep it coming.
Best regards,
SpookieGamer.

I received that one message of yours a while ago, but I was afk at the time and when I got back you were gone. :(
We don't have a release date yet, but as soon as we do, we'll post it. Good luck with college though, and see you on Necronia when we launch. ^-^

rawlar or w,e his name was better still be there!!!!!! He was my pet. :l

Here's what's happening in the world of Necronia these days -

We are currently reworking and polishing the Island of Judgement where you will pick your class and proceed with the next testing phase. This might take a while because we can not let you pick the classes before they are finished - and to finish them, we will have to go over their spells, outfits and stories again. This is why we might release classes 1 by 1, or in groups of 3 (1 for each vocation).

TISrzau.png

Not just that, but the release of 1.05 client is nearby. Here we will bring some more client changes and fixes. One of them is a new "look"-window for when you're looking at a character.
It will display some more information, organized nicely, with colors indicating the rank of the character, as well as the ability to earn special badges for your character's window.
Here is a sneak preview:

FZeqaW6.png

rawlar or w,e his name was better still be there!!!!!! He was my pet. :l

Rawlar is still there. A classic boss, we wouldn't remove him. For some reason, people always like him the most. I don't blame them, he's cute. ^-^

If anyone is interested in getting 2 beta keys for Necronia, check out the latest post on our facebook page here!

A little bonus picture - Our bartender (see what i did there) is full of random surprises. Make sure to pay him a visit when you're on Necronia!

zelT3rH.png
You didn't put in me and my cake tapestry! HOW DARE YOU
fmcsXcl.png

I'd love to see the rank of the player affect the colour of the window, or even the word.

Might be interesting for some followers. We have restocked the Opentibia Store with 20 new beta keys.
Grab them before they are gone :)

More informations
http://necronia.com/

Yay! I was waiting for this. Already bought one of the keys, but don't know how much time it will take to receive it.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it in "My purchases" xD

Last edited:
Haven't got on in a while because of school and not much to really do. Saw that vocation testing will be soon so I'm stoked :D can't wait!

Back