• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

Or you're one of those people who don't read anything at all and expect to magically start achieving things. Just talked to 2 people who seem to be playing tibia/necronia for the first time in their life, didn't even know how to use a shovel, and they're doing a better job than you. Keep up.

No reason to get mad

No reason to get mad

It's not that, you're just claiming ridiculous things so I made a rough comparison to display the fact. Either way, I'm sorry you experienced boredom or confusion ingame, if you ever decide to give it a shot and learn new information about the game, please read ingame labels and feel free to ask anything on the global channels, there is always someone who will reply.

This is some useful information for newcomers:
Don't skip the tutorial. It will teach you some things that are different from any other servers that you won't know otherwise. (I feel like way too many people skip the tutorial because they think it's all the same like on other servers)

And don't be afraid to ask any questions on the Help channel if you are confused about something or have a question.

As soon as you exit the temple, you get about 8-10 quests unlocked and quest log entries with more information.
You get instructions on how to use your weapon in the weapon chest, and wherever you exit the village, there are monsters waiting for you. Obviously the first place to is the sewers. Is it that hard?

Or you're one of those people who don't read anything at all and expect to magically start achieving things. Just talked to 2 people who seem to be playing tibia/necronia for the first time in their life, didn't even know how to use a shovel, and they're doing a better job than you. Keep up.

I'll login to the server again tomorrow and I'll give you constructive criticism, also keep in mind that I did not skip the tutorial. Something entirely off-topic aswell: if you've been working on a server for years then you should better than to dismiss players that don't enjoy the server, for some reason, with a phrase like: "Or you're one of those people who don't read anything at all and expect to magically start achieving things.". What I would expect from a "professional developer", is to ask the player what is bad and why he/she thinks so, but thats just me, and you probably know way better.

Also something else about your statement, games are supposed to be very easy to learn and get into - if players really have to try & focus to understand the game then the developer certainly has failed at a few points.

As soon as you exit the temple, you get about 8-10 quests unlocked and quest log entries with more information.
You get instructions on how to use your weapon in the weapon chest, and wherever you exit the village, there are monsters waiting for you. Obviously the first place to is the sewers. Is it that hard?

You need to work on your defence mode vocabulary. :)

You need to work on your defence mode vocabulary. :)

*working on it with the force of a thousand suns*

I'll login to the server again tomorrow and I'll give you constructive criticism, also keep in mind that I did not skip the tutorial. Something entirely off-topic aswell: if you've been working on a server for years then you should better than to dismiss players that don't enjoy the server, for some reason, with a phrase like: "Or you're one of those people who don't read anything at all and expect to magically start achieving things.". What I would expect from a "professional developer", is to ask the player what is bad and why he/she thinks so, but thats just me, and you probably know way better.

Also something else about your statement, games are supposed to be very easy to learn and get into - if players really have to try & focus to understand the game then the developer certainly has failed at a few points.

Here is the thing though - the server is now, and for most purposes can be counted as "in closed beta". This is a way different experience from what you can expect on the official release for a several different reasons:
1. Staff members may behave more outgoing and interactive rather than strict and professional.
2. Everything in there is non-final and subject to change.
3. And this point relates directly to this open beta, and a huge disclaimer I wrote on www.necronia.com prior to its release: This was not even meant to happen, and if we were to release a real open-beta, we would have made sure that everything is as comfortable as can be (same for official launch). This is just a 7-day surprise event that we thought would be a nice gesture towards our fans and then we're closing it again to keep improving and doing changes. If I asked beforehand "would you prefer that we release the server for a bit but it will be missing some introductory elements, or not release it at all", guess what the majority of the answers would be? So we released it with your warranty that you will overlook the technicalities and try to enjoy for content itself.

Of course I wouldn't do anything like this on the official release, but closed beta is a more intimate experience. And even though I had my internet cut off for 3 days prior to the release so I couldn't communicate with my team, my computer broken and laptop almost impossible to work with and a 5-hour power outage yesterday, we still managed to do this thing so I'm pretty sensitive to silly claims at the moment.

If you did have a negative experience in the server, some actual criticism (like you suggest) would be much appreciated, and be sure we'll work on that.

*working on it with the force of a thousand suns*

Here is the thing though - the server is now, and for most purposes can be counted as "in closed beta". This is a way different experience from what you can expect on the official release for a several different reasons:
1. Staff members may behave more outgoing and interactive rather than strict and professional.
2. Everything in there is non-final and subject to change.
3. And this point relates directly to this open beta, and a huge disclaimer I wrote on www.necronia.com prior to its release: This was not even meant to happen, and if we were to release a real open-beta, we would have made sure that everything is as comfortable as can be (same for official launch). This is just a 7-day surprise event that we thought would be a nice gesture towards our fans and then we're closing it again to keep improving and doing changes. If I asked beforehand "would you prefer that we release the server for a bit but it will be missing some introductory elements, or not release it at all", guess what the majority of the answers would be? So we released it with your warranty that you will overlook the technicalities and try to enjoy for content itself.

Of course I wouldn't do anything like this on the official release, but closed beta is a more intimate experience. And even though I had my internet cut off for 3 days prior to the release so I couldn't communicate with my team, my computer broken and laptop almost impossible to work with and a 5-hour power outage yesterday, we still managed to do this thing so I'm pretty sensitive to silly claims at the moment.

If you did have a negative experience in the server, some actual criticism (like you suggest) would be much appreciated, and be sure we'll work on that.

I understand the fact that staff members may act less strict and professional during any test-phases, but keep in mind that the goal/mission with a beta phase is to sort out all the bugs and bad things on the server so the official release will be as good as possible - don't you then think it would be more wise if your staff members would encourage constructiveness among the players to actually find out what they think and why? About your second point, I don't see how you can clarify that everything is non-final and subject to change when you just a moment ago dismissed two very unhappy players with a phrase that I quoted here, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Regarding your third and final point: once again you refer to the server being in it's test-phase and therefore content might be unfinished and players may experience technical difficulties, which I fully understand - but what I don't understand is how this fit into the context of the content we are discussion right now? I've never followed the development of Necronia, I've only heard it was a big hype around the project and it was online for a short period of time for players to test it so I figured I would try it.

I don't want to prelong this discussion any further, but my final point is that you are no longer only developing Necronia along with your team, the server is actually online and there seems to be quite many players testing it and you must take every bit of information the players give you into consideration to improve the server as much as you can, considering you seem to really aim high with Necronia. Best of luck with everything.

I understand the fact that staff members may act less strict and professional during any test-phases, but keep in mind that the goal/mission with a beta phase is to sort out all the bugs and bad things on the server so the official release will be as good as possible - don't you then think it would be more wise if your staff members would encourage constructiveness among the players to actually find out what they think and why?

I do think that, and you obviously (as you stated later in your post) haven't been around enough to know the work ethic of our team. If you think all this work came from a sloppy foundation then you're clearly mistaken. In my 5 years of developing ot servers, I've learned that people who leave such comments are not willing to/even capable of leaving good criticism. If you had it, you would've written it in the first place. You drink what you pay for, and I'm not going to discuss much with people who leave such ignorant comments. On the other hand, here you display diplomacy after all so be kind and do prove me wrong. I have nothing against you nor anyone else, I just didn't feel like you had anything of essence to say after such a comment, and you can probably understand why.

About your second point, I don't see how you can clarify that everything is non-final and subject to change when you just a moment ago dismissed two very unhappy players with a phrase that I quoted here, it doesn't make any sense to me.

The way I replied to that doesn't change the fact that in a beta server, all things that are not good enough will be replaced or changed.

Regarding your third and final point: once again you refer to the server being in it's test-phase and therefore content might be unfinished and players may experience technical difficulties, which I fully understand - but what I don't understand is how this fit into the context of the content we are discussion right now?

I wanted to imply that even if some introductory elements (i.e. extra pointers on what to do, which I even deem unnecessary at the moment) are missing at the moment, it doesn't mean that it won't exist later and that repairing such missing details is not the reason we put this open beta up. Most of the bugs that were reported during it are already known bugs that we haven't gotten around to fixing yet, we just released the server so people can log in, learn what is currently available (and there's quite a lot) and indulge themselves in the event.

We are looking forward to more actual criticism or suggestions, and it would be appreciated if you posted them here instead. Thank you.

Ye its still to hard for low lvls if you are out of stones got no wep besides slingshot and no mana and no torch its just annoying would be good if we could have a light spell ^^
It's too hard to level? go play clicker heroes or some shit. this is a RPG server. where you didnt get your ass wiped off once you took a shit

I do think that, and you obviously (as you stated later in your post) haven't been around enough to know the work ethic of our team. If you think all this work came from a sloppy foundation then you're clearly mistaken. In my 5 years of developing ot servers, I've learned that people who leave such comments are not willing to/even capable of leaving good criticism. If you had it, you would've written it in the first place. You drink what you pay for, and I'm not going to discuss much with people who leave such ignorant comments. On the other hand, here you display diplomacy after all so be kind and do prove me wrong. I have nothing against you nor anyone else, I just didn't feel like you had anything of essence to say after such a comment, and you can probably understand why.

The way I replied to that doesn't change the fact that in a beta server, all things that are not good enough will be replaced or changed.

I wanted to imply that even if some introductory elements (i.e. extra pointers on what to do, which I even deem unnecessary at the moment) are missing at the moment, it doesn't mean that it won't exist later and that repairing such missing details is not the reason we put this open beta up. Most of the bugs that were reported during it are already known bugs that we haven't gotten around to fixing yet, we just released the server so people can log in, learn what is currently available (and there's quite a lot) and indulge themselves in the event.

We are looking forward to more actual criticism or suggestions, and it would be appreciated if you posted them here instead. Thank you.

This is the typical otland custom server crew, they jump on some random servers beg the owner to add certain things find something they dislike and get pissed off. You guys did amazing work im having alot of fun and I have no clue what they are speaking about.

You guys seem to think you joined a fucking download/run servers. this is a from Scrap made RPG Based off Tibia. You arent getting anything handed. work for your success.

It's too hard to level? go play clicker heroes or some shit. this is a RPG server. where you didnt get your ass wiped off once you took a shit

Its just my opinion you fucking dickhead piece of shit. "Iam jesus" what you need is a car over your head.

L2 speak normal not like a bitch.

Never mind seems to be working now.

But have this issue now:
shovel-loot.png

You will also notice that the cat that normally helps you isn't here either.

Also when I log out and then relog back in, the client freezes.

Last edited:
Its just my opinion you fucking dickhead piece of shit. "Iam jesus" what you need is a car over your head.

L2 speak normal not like a bitch.

"L2 Speak normal not like a bitch"

since this message is relevant in the contest of what you previously said you are the most retarded moron in the world.

Never mind seems to be working now.

But have this issue now:
shovel-loot.png

You will also notice that the cat that normally helps you isn't here either.

Also when I log out and then relog back in, the client freezes.

Hey BeniS, it appears that the tutorial started bugging out due to a change we did yesterday in the script. For the most part it's fixed, but it seems like I've overlooked that part. It will be fixed as soon as I get home in about a hour/hour and a half.

I am not sure entirely, but this could be related to it - what client version are you running? The client is known to freeze to people who don't have the latest version due to items and data fles not being in sync.

If you're absolutely positive you're running the 1.10b client, you can try this from our FAQ:

(#3A) Q: When I try to log in with my character, the game client freezes and becomes unresponsive:
A: This error happens when the client configuration file gets corrupted. To fix this, you will need to do a manual reset of the client configuration. Follow the following steps:

1. Locate your windows' user folder. (The one you are using)
(e.g. C:\Users\Shiva)
2. Look for a folder called 'otclient' there.
3. Open the folder and delete the files you find in there.
4. Try to log in now. The client will generate new configration on its own.
5. This should have fixed your problem. If not, contact our support team.

If not, reinstalling the client may fix the problem, or skipping the tutorial.
(Besides learning how to jump in APO, it would later teach you to sprint using an icon in the APO too, and opening the quest log via the icon in the top menu, but I believe everything else is basic tibia knowledge)

ike7fRe.jpg

"You have safely arrived in Bawfuria" lol........ shiiiit :D

Even blacksmith urgo wasn't strong enough!! He died! Bahahaa.

Great server, unique systems, breathtaking mapping.
I tried test this server, this is very good server but not for me! too much new stuff like for me.

We're glad you gave it a shot either way, and hope to see you on official release if you decide to give it another shot! :D

ike7fRe.jpg

"You have safely arrived in Bawfuria" lol........ shiiiit :D

Even blacksmith urgo wasn't strong enough!! He died! Bahahaa.

First failure of the Furians so far! :(

Hey BeniS, it appears that the tutorial started bugging out due to a change we did yesterday in the script. For the most part it's fixed, but it seems like I've overlooked that part. It will be fixed as soon as I get home in about a hour/hour and a half.

I am not sure entirely, but this could be related to it - what client version are you running? The client is known to freeze to people who don't have the latest version due to items and data fles not being in sync.

If you're absolutely positive you're running the 1.10b client, you can try this from our FAQ:

(#3A) Q: When I try to log in with my character, the game client freezes and becomes unresponsive:
A: This error happens when the client configuration file gets corrupted. To fix this, you will need to do a manual reset of the client configuration. Follow the following steps:

1. Locate your windows' user folder. (The one you are using)
(e.g. C:\Users\Shiva)
2. Look for a folder called 'otclient' there.
3. Open the folder and delete the files you find in there.
4. Try to log in now. The client will generate new configration on its own.
5. This should have fixed your problem. If not, contact our support team.

If not, reinstalling the client may fix the problem, or skipping the tutorial.
(Besides learning how to jump in APO, it would later teach you to sprint using an icon in the APO too, and opening the quest log via the icon in the top menu, but I believe everything else is basic tibia knowledge)

Ah it appears I'm using 1.09b, the auto updater hasn't patched the client I guess. Will update and try again.

Back