• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

A nice new treat for everyone, especially those who haven't read about Necronia before -

I updated the first page/post of this thread with new pictures and information that is relevant to the current state of the game. I believe you'll find it a nice read.

And since, due to all of this stuff, we still haven't had the time to finish Defender and post those class reveals, I figured I'd at least post the spell list for Spellcasters so you can speculate, so here we go:

Spellcaster Abilities
Mana Surge [Passive]
Every time you cast a spell, there is a chance that a percentage of that spell's mana cost will be refunded to you. The chance is higher the higher your wizardry level is.

Embers
Strikes the target with a fiery blow. Deals 20% more damage to [Flymed] targets. [Mana Surge] return: 50%.

Ignite
Sets the target on fire which gets stronger with your wizardry level. [Mana Surge] return: 50%.

Burst Blaster

Shoots a couple of fiery blasts to blow up the target. This spell gets stronger if used on a [Flymed] target. [Mana Surge] return: 35%

Dragonbreath

Releases a fiery breath to burn the creatures in a cone in front of you. [Mana Surge] return: 40%.

Ring of Dancing Flames

Flames dance around you forming a ring that explodes and torches anyone within the area. Enemies caught in the circle as it forms can receive damage multiple times. The spell must be channeled as long as it is in duration. [Mana Surge] return: 50%.

Doom

Reduces the target's resistance to fire by a percentage based on your wizardry level, for a duration of 10 seconds. If used on a [Flymed] target, it will set them on fire instead, dealing 500 damage over 20 seconds. [Mana Surge] return: 40%.

Cataclysm

Unleashes a blast of hellfire that scorches all enemies in a huge radius leaving nothing but ashes and ruin. [Mana Surge] return: 30%.

Iceshard

Strikes the target with a spine-chilling shard. 35% chance to slow the target, 5% chance to stun it for 1.5 seconds. 100% chance to stun a [Wet] target. [Mana Surge] return: 30%.

Enfrost

A surge of cold approaches your target, slowing its movement and dealing damage. [Mana Surge] return: 50%

Polar Burst

Shoots a couple of icy blasts to chill the target, dealing multiple instances of damage. This spell is enhanced if used on a [Wet] target. [Mana Surge] return: 40%

Winterfresh

Releases a storm of ice into a cone in front of you. [Mana Surge]: 50%

Glacial Wind

Channeling for 1 second, you send a freezing whirlwind in a line in front of you to chill the ones that are caught in it to the bone. [Mana Surge] return: 30%

Hailstorm

Massive hails fall down from the sky, impaling and freezing the ones that get hit. [Mana Surge]: 45%

Encase

Encases you in a block of ice making you unable to move for 4 seconds. While encased, you gain 90% resistance and 20% reflection to physical and ice damage and you recover health rapidly. [Mana Surge]: 28%

Earthwhack

Whacks the target with an earthy blow, dealing damage and stunning them for 0.7 seconds. This stun only applies to monsters. [Mana Surge] return: 20%.

Entangle
Surrounds the target in spellspawned branches and vines, trapping it for a couple of seconds. It starts out lasting 3 seconds, but for every 20 wizardry levels, the branch will evolve and gain 1 extra second of duration. The cooldown of the spell is reduced the higher your level is. [Mana Surge] return: 65%.

Flymanine Bath

Soaks the target in a highly flammable liquid known as Flymanine. The target receives a debuff [Flymed] for a duration of 12 seconds. Casting some of your Fire spells enhances their effect on [Flymed] targets. [Mana Surge] return: 30%

Living Vegetation

Causes malicious vegetative traps to grow around the target. They deal minor damage and heavily paralyze anyone who steps on them. They work only on monsters. The traps are their own entity and the damage from them does not count as your own damage. [Mana Surge] return: 75%

Pest

Sends a swarm of flesh-eating flea to feed on the target, dealing damage over time. [Mana Surge] return: 40%

Botanic Limbrippers

Giant roots grow and unleash their huge vines everywhere around you, damaging and wrapping all enemies in, stunning them for 3 seconds. [Mana Surge] return: 50%

Shock

Buzzes the target with a surge of electricity. If [Ultraenergy] is active, this spell has no cooldown and has 10% more chance to proc [Mana Surge]. If your target is [Wet], this spell will deal 12% extra damage. [Mana Surge] return: 35%.

Ultraenergetic

Immense energy flows through your body, allowing you to manipulate the streams of electricity. You gain a buff called [Ultraenergy] for 10 seconds. [Mana Surge]: 0%

Unbound Lightning

Casts a lightning that bounces 8 times between enemies and deals damage. If no alternative enemies are found, the lightning will conduct its charges through you so it can keep on bouncing. If [Ultraenergy] is active, the lightning will bounce faster 20 times but deal reduced damage per hit. [Mana Surge] return: 30%

Eye of the Storm

Unleashes a fearsome storm to rain thunder and lightning down on your enemies in a huge radius. Enemies caught in the rain will become [Wet] for 10 seconds. [Mana Surge]: 35%

Electrifying Buzz
Shoots a couple of electric bolts to shock the target. This spell gets stronger if used on a [Wet] target. If [Ultraenergy] is active, this spell has 70% reduced cooldown and 15% more chance to proc [Mana Surge]. [Mana Surge] return: 55%

Magnetic Field

Emanates an ultracharged magnetic field in the area around you. It deals damage and heavily paralyzes the victims every time it resonates.

Big news...

Today we began the implementation of the new UI. It might take a couple of weeks before it's entirely ready for live testing, but we feel very confident about it being a great replacement for the current one.
From a delicate design to a more user-friendly interface, this UI will bring many changes that the community requested during the previous months of testing.

The main thing we're trying to accomplish, beside having a nicer, more professional look here, is to make information easily accessible to everyone, including those who play Necronia for the first time.
We'll remove the Extra Stats Panel completely and scatter its information into 2 places:

1. The information about your critical chance, dodge chance, military points, jigglesmile tokens, movement speed and SDC rank will be stored in the Skills window, which we will also rename to something more fitting. Its shortcut will remain as CTRL+S.

2. The information and buttons related to the consumption system will be placed on the screen and will be easier to use and understand.

Another major thing that's happening is the fact that the game-screen will become bigger. And by that, I mean that you will actually be able to see more tiles both in width and height, and maybe we'll even manage to preserve the original sprite quality and size, with no zooming of the screen.
Countless other changes will take place, but we'll take things one at a time, so until we bring more specific updates about UI parts, enjoy this prototype design:

newui.png

You may have also seen some new developers floating around on Deity characters. We're happy to say that we are looking at a possibility of having 2 awesome scripters join our team, but we're still holding back on a specific announcement until all parties are sure that this is how it will go down. All in all, February should be an awesome month for Necronia and its progress as we already began reworking some stuff on mainland and you will soon get access to it as testers.

I am also going to rework the main page of the thread and update it for better appeal and information!
Imo this font of the text is impractical. Look ugly in game, your nick is looks ugly and in addition it is difficult to read the inscription... In chat it ok, but in game sucks.

Imo this font of the text is impractical. Look ugly in game, your nick is looks ugly and in addition it is difficult to read the inscription... In chat it ok, but in game sucks.

Yes, we already agreed that we'll change it. It seems a bit too blurry and spaced out to be readable. I think we're only gonna keep it for window titles.

Which reminds me - if anyone has suggestions or some font you'd like us to try out, let us know!

Seems like none of them would fit the RPG setting, the last 3 are out of question and the first too would look too tiny when resized to the tibia font size and would look unreadable :(
The blazed one speaks for itself, the viking one is too mordern/techy and kings butcher has no lowercase letters, they all look uppercase.

Seems like none of them would fit the RPG setting, the last 3 are out of question and the first too would look too tiny when resized to the tibia font size and would look unreadable :(
The blazed one speaks for itself, the viking one is too mordern/techy and kings butcher has no lowercase letters, they all look uppercase.

Its just an example from the site where yo u can check fonts out xD didnt said u have to take them :D

During the day, we will release 2 new classes into the game, and begin working on the last one - Marksman.

The released classes will be Spellcaster and Defender.
For now, you can check out the amazing Spellcaster class by reading our latest news on www.necronia.com, and the class reveal for Defender will be posted later, pre-update.

sc_0.png

sc_1.png

sc_2.png

sc_3.png

sc_4.png

Hey everyone! We're back with the defender reveal as well as something that some of you might have wanted to hear.
Since we're about to have all the classes released very soon (only marksman left), we will have to test all of the classes in a real game environment with real scenarios. Until we open up Island of Judgement and Avernum, we'll make all the classes available on Bawfuria once marksman is released.

But to give a chance to more of you who might have wanted to test out the classes, we added 10 new beta keys to the store.

This time we're testing the coupon option on the store, so if you use the following coupon, you should get a $5 discount: SPELLCASTER10

Let us know how that went for you if you decide to get one.

Here is the defender reveal, enjoy:

def_0.png

def_1.png

def_2.png

These classes looks wonderful. I'll probably try out the necromancer since wildheart kinda wasn't my cup of tea.

Despite what I said a bit earlier, I decided to make class testing on Bawfuria possible asap.

You can now test classes on Bawfuria until we give you access to Avernum. Go to the library downstairs of the temple and talk to Carol, she will instruct you.
The elemental shrine required for Spellcasters can be found here in Bawfuria (next to the Hill of Life stairs).

xR4LL56.png

A nice new treat for everyone, especially those who haven't read about Necronia before -

I updated the first page/post of this thread with new pictures and information that is relevant to the current state of the game. I believe you'll find it a nice read.

And since, due to all of this stuff, we still haven't had the time to finish Defender and post those class reveals, I figured I'd at least post the spell list for Spellcasters so you can speculate, so here we go:

Spellcaster Abilities
Mana Surge [Passive]
Every time you cast a spell, there is a chance that a percentage of that spell's mana cost will be refunded to you. The chance is higher the higher your wizardry level is.

Embers
Strikes the target with a fiery blow. Deals 20% more damage to [Flymed] targets. [Mana Surge] return: 50%.

Ignite
Sets the target on fire which gets stronger with your wizardry level. [Mana Surge] return: 50%.

Burst Blaster

Shoots a couple of fiery blasts to blow up the target. This spell gets stronger if used on a [Flymed] target. [Mana Surge] return: 35%

Dragonbreath

Releases a fiery breath to burn the creatures in a cone in front of you. [Mana Surge] return: 40%.

Ring of Dancing Flames

Flames dance around you forming a ring that explodes and torches anyone within the area. Enemies caught in the circle as it forms can receive damage multiple times. The spell must be channeled as long as it is in duration. [Mana Surge] return: 50%.

Doom

Reduces the target's resistance to fire by a percentage based on your wizardry level, for a duration of 10 seconds. If used on a [Flymed] target, it will set them on fire instead, dealing 500 damage over 20 seconds. [Mana Surge] return: 40%.

Cataclysm

Unleashes a blast of hellfire that scorches all enemies in a huge radius leaving nothing but ashes and ruin. [Mana Surge] return: 30%.

Iceshard

Strikes the target with a spine-chilling shard. 35% chance to slow the target, 5% chance to stun it for 1.5 seconds. 100% chance to stun a [Wet] target. [Mana Surge] return: 30%.

Enfrost

A surge of cold approaches your target, slowing its movement and dealing damage. [Mana Surge] return: 50%

Polar Burst

Shoots a couple of icy blasts to chill the target, dealing multiple instances of damage. This spell is enhanced if used on a [Wet] target. [Mana Surge] return: 40%

Winterfresh

Releases a storm of ice into a cone in front of you. [Mana Surge]: 50%

Glacial Wind

Channeling for 1 second, you send a freezing whirlwind in a line in front of you to chill the ones that are caught in it to the bone. [Mana Surge] return: 30%

Hailstorm

Massive hails fall down from the sky, impaling and freezing the ones that get hit. [Mana Surge]: 45%

Encase

Encases you in a block of ice making you unable to move for 4 seconds. While encased, you gain 90% resistance and 20% reflection to physical and ice damage and you recover health rapidly. [Mana Surge]: 28%

Earthwhack

Whacks the target with an earthy blow, dealing damage and stunning them for 0.7 seconds. This stun only applies to monsters. [Mana Surge] return: 20%.

Entangle
Surrounds the target in spellspawned branches and vines, trapping it for a couple of seconds. It starts out lasting 3 seconds, but for every 20 wizardry levels, the branch will evolve and gain 1 extra second of duration. The cooldown of the spell is reduced the higher your level is. [Mana Surge] return: 65%.

Flymanine Bath

Soaks the target in a highly flammable liquid known as Flymanine. The target receives a debuff [Flymed] for a duration of 12 seconds. Casting some of your Fire spells enhances their effect on [Flymed] targets. [Mana Surge] return: 30%

Living Vegetation

Causes malicious vegetative traps to grow around the target. They deal minor damage and heavily paralyze anyone who steps on them. They work only on monsters. The traps are their own entity and the damage from them does not count as your own damage. [Mana Surge] return: 75%

Pest

Sends a swarm of flesh-eating flea to feed on the target, dealing damage over time. [Mana Surge] return: 40%

Botanic Limbrippers

Giant roots grow and unleash their huge vines everywhere around you, damaging and wrapping all enemies in, stunning them for 3 seconds. [Mana Surge] return: 50%

Shock

Buzzes the target with a surge of electricity. If [Ultraenergy] is active, this spell has no cooldown and has 10% more chance to proc [Mana Surge]. If your target is [Wet], this spell will deal 12% extra damage. [Mana Surge] return: 35%.

Ultraenergetic

Immense energy flows through your body, allowing you to manipulate the streams of electricity. You gain a buff called [Ultraenergy] for 10 seconds. [Mana Surge]: 0%

Unbound Lightning

Casts a lightning that bounces 8 times between enemies and deals damage. If no alternative enemies are found, the lightning will conduct its charges through you so it can keep on bouncing. If [Ultraenergy] is active, the lightning will bounce faster 20 times but deal reduced damage per hit. [Mana Surge] return: 30%

Eye of the Storm

Unleashes a fearsome storm to rain thunder and lightning down on your enemies in a huge radius. Enemies caught in the rain will become [Wet] for 10 seconds. [Mana Surge]: 35%

Electrifying Buzz
Shoots a couple of electric bolts to shock the target. This spell gets stronger if used on a [Wet] target. If [Ultraenergy] is active, this spell has 70% reduced cooldown and 15% more chance to proc [Mana Surge]. [Mana Surge] return: 55%

Magnetic Field

Emanates an ultracharged magnetic field in the area around you. It deals damage and heavily paralyzes the victims every time it resonates.

We got a dota lover :D

The project is really good but as far as i'm concerned, i think there is too many new things what deters beginners. The gameplay seems to be hard, too hard even if we are talking about RPG server. I wish you good luck but.. .In my opinion the server after official release will have a lot of players but after the month only few will stay at server. It's sad but looking at the past, how many so customised servers is online nowadays? Anyway good luck, you will need it.

We got a dota lover :D

What makes you say that? :giggles:
Hint: I already know :D

The project is really good but as far as i'm concerned, i think there is too many new things what deters beginners. The gameplay seems to be hard, too hard even if we are talking about RPG server. I wish you good luck but.. .In my opinion the server after official release will have a lot of players but after the month only few will stay at server. It's sad but looking at the past, how many so customised servers is online nowadays? Anyway good luck, you will need it.

Well, there are people whining every day that they don't want regular servers, they want something new, something fresh, so we're bringing in a lot to the table. We're trying to make it as noob friendly as possible and with the new client remake and some changes to the beginning island (that we've already made, and that we are about to), it shouldn't be too hard to get into for anyone who is willing to give it a shot and learn something new.

When you start playing a new game, you have to learn how to play it, that's how it works. And since this is no regular server, I think it is to be expected that there are new things. We are keen on providing massive amounts of hints and tips for everything that needs one, and helping anyone who wishes to understand something but can't due to some reason.

And thank you! :D

What makes you say that? :giggles:
Hint: I already know :D

Well, there are people whining every day that they don't want regular servers, they want something new, something fresh, so we're bringing in a lot to the table. We're trying to make it as noob friendly as possible and with the new client remake and some changes to the beginning island (that we've already made, and that we are about to), it shouldn't be too hard to get into for anyone who is willing to give it a shot and learn something new.

When you start playing a new game, you have to learn how to play it, that's how it works. And since this is no regular server, I think it is to be expected that there are new things. We are keen on providing massive amounts of hints and tips for everything that needs one, and helping anyone who wishes to understand something but can't due to some reason.

And thank you! :D

Could it be cuz of eye of the storm and some other Ultimates xD?

Noo! :(
Eye of the storm is actually a pretty common expression that derives from the Eye, a central part of a cyclone.

I thought you were going to say Doom, which was inspired by Doombringer's ult. :p

magnetic field?

Dragonbreath

Dragon knight first spell xD?

Back