• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

FACKING HELL!!!!! IT'S amazing can't wait to play!!!

Looking forward to seeing you then. :D

hey anything new?

Yes actually, yesterday I polished and finished all Island of Judgement content so that should be going out to beta very soon. We're getting closer to finishing the new UI too, but more info on that will be posted once we feel it's appropriate. All in all, stuff is happening, just nothing too worthy of making a huge post about it.

For anyone interested, you can always check out the latest changes on Necronia here. Bear in mind that only fixes are posted there.

when the beta comes we can try the real vocs ? not just grind on the rookgard map around? would be cool lol

Of course. The "real vocs" are there even now, you can obtain them on level 20.

u higher the exp on "rookgard"? it will take ppl very long to get lvl 20 lol and acces to the vocs i think u had 2 weeks beta on december and i just got lvl 15? i played everyday few hours

u higher the exp on "rookgard"? it will take ppl very long to get lvl 20 lol and acces to the vocs i think u had 2 weeks beta on december and i just got lvl 15? i played everyday few hours
Pftt what a noob :p I got level 20 in 1 day! You just gotta know what you're doing :)

Well, what's ever left are dead due to hype after hype.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Hype is good :D Means something has been done right if people are interested.

We did not change the experience rate, it's fine as it is (it will be that way on release too).
We are however about to make some changes that will make Bawfuria a bit easier.

been out of touch for a while, is there any kind of an open beta going on with this thing yet? or will that be in like.. 2019 literally?

been out of touch for a while, is there any kind of an open beta going on with this thing yet? or will that be in like.. 2019 literally?

There is currently a closed beta online every day, we plan to open up in a couple of months, come summertime - of course, if nothing stops us from reaching all of our planned goals in that time.

I was following this threat a couple of months ago, and just now checked back on it. The impression that was given about 4 or 5 months ago, was that the progress was going steady and the end-goal was in sight. That the exact same impression I got from the status now.

You can develop this OT at any pace you choose to, ofcourse, but I just want to share my opinion on this; I dont think you really enjoy the idea of releasing it. I think you are a developer at heart and you want the server to be perfect (which it never will be, potential improvements will always be there), and you enjoy the process of developing it more then the idea of running the OT. To me, it feels like you would rather stay in this zone of closed beta, a safe zone where you are still free to develop in any direction you would like to, without the burdens of running the OT.

I might be all wrong on this, and if Iam not, it could ofcourse be your choice to do it this way. This is just my impression on the matter.

I was following this threat a couple of months ago, and just now checked back on it. The impression that was given about 4 or 5 months ago, was that the progress was going steady and the end-goal was in sight. That the exact same impression I got from the status now.

You can develop this OT at any pace you choose to, ofcourse, but I just want to share my opinion on this; I dont think you really enjoy the idea of releasing it. I think you are a developer at heart and you want the server to be perfect (which it never will be, potential improvements will always be there), and you enjoy the process of developing it more then the idea of running the OT. To me, it feels like you would rather stay in this zone of closed beta, a safe zone where you are still free to develop in any direction you would like to, without the burdens of running the OT.

I might be all wrong on this, and if Iam not, it could ofcourse be your choice to do it this way. This is just my impression on the matter.

I see why you'd form such an opinion, and it's true that we always want the server to progress further, but we can't release it at its current state because it's still missing content (which we're working on) sufficient for at least 2 months of gameplay. We already had the experience with "releasing too early then having people hit the brick wall", and I assure you people play through this content much faster than we can create it, so we want to make sure that there's a bunch of stuff to keep you entertained while we work on more and update the server.

As soon as we hit that point where we're satisfied with the amount of stuff that the server can offer, we'll release it right away.

I see why you'd form such an opinion, and it's true that we always want the server to progress further, but we can't release it at its current state because it's still missing content (which we're working on) sufficient for at least 2 months of gameplay. We already had the experience with "releasing too early then having people hit the brick wall", and I assure you people play through this content much faster than we can create it, so we want to make sure that there's a bunch of stuff to keep you entertained while we work on more and update the server.

As soon as we hit that point where we're satisfied with the amount of stuff that the server can offer, we'll release it right away.
feel ya here.

The new UI is slowly shaping up to be pretty awesome. We're enlarging the game screen field of view so you'll be able to be more comfy, especially on bigger monitors, and of course, see more of the beautiful world of Necronia.

The UI elements and positioning are still in rough stages of development, but want to show the screen size:

uiexp.jpg

Love the server, but dislike the UI's I see.

If you post a few maybe we all could tell what we like and dislike

Love the server, but dislike the UI's I see.

If you post a few maybe we all could tell what we like and dislike

We are still working on this new UI, so what you see on that recent picture is very rough, however, it does represent what the new UI is gonna look like to an extent.

We will optimize elements and change it over time, but in general, it will stay the way it was designed.

We're aware it might not be to everyone's liking, but we can't satisfy every living person. I believe the UI will be comfortable enough to anyone who's willing to give it a shot.

i know i feel like its cutting off part of the top with the buttons... i do see its adding like 2 sqm from side to side extra viewing thats not on the original clients vision, but i am afraid that the chat window doesnt look movable/shrinkable, and if thats the case, then the bottom 4.5 inches of my monitor will be stuck as a chat window... Also with the added SQM vision on the sides, it looks like i wont have places to put extra windows i may like to keep an eye on which is a shame.

i also know that 1 of your long term beta testers will have issues with this UI as they have a square monitor ( yes, square, because its all they have currently. as their old broke i guess ) and this looks like it requires a normal widescreen display.

Back