• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia NW Revamp ♦ Mapping Thread

I guess many ppl are waiting for Necronia to start just to rip off theese beautiful sprites. :(

Well, on that topic, we're planning to incorporate some kind of sprite protection, however, you're never 100% safe and there are and will be countless opportunities for people to rip sprites off.

Now I can't go full hypocrite here because in Necronia there were many times that we used someone else's sprites to (for example Rider outfit, originally from pokemon servers) and I am planning to slowly replace all sprites that were taken from other servers. However, I will be more than glad to fully accredit or even pay original authors to continue using some sprites that are still fitting the server and are cool - and if that's not the case, then I will remove them completely because I have respect for all sprite artists.

If anyone decides they really want to use some of these sprites, please consult with me and we will sort something out, but don't just rip off like some kind of a stealer, I'm sure you're better than that. I will be glad to help another custom server if its possible, because we all need to cherish the fact that there are quite some people out there developing them and if my sprites could be of such help to them, then so be it.

Back with more exciting screenshots again, and even more of them will be coming in the following few days. For now I give you the remake of Bawfuria temple area. Any person who played NNW can remember this area as the little house where you log in for the first time and get introduced to the server.

Bawfuria Temple

6_zps917e30ad.png

5_zps31a962dd.png

4_zpsa4cbe167.png

2_zps913fe962.png

1_zpsfa23fd70.png

WOW!!!!!!!!!! That's AMAZING.. I remembered these old days :')

Can't wait to see the players making their first steps on necronia :3.
It's going to rock bro! :]

Amazing work.. ! Couldn't dream of mapping like that!

glad to see the updates bro - keep it up.. Even though i am seriously inactive at the moment - i will for sure atleast make the time to see this project resurface.

It's a real shame how i don't have the time to stay involved right now.. But i can assure you as soon as i get these assignments done i will get in contact again.
Keep it up - i will be watching as this project grows.

Back with more exciting screenshots again, and even more of them will be coming in the following few days. For now I give you the remake of Bawfuria temple area. Any person who played NNW can remember this area as the little house where you log in for the first time and get introduced to the server.

Bawfuria Temple

6_zps917e30ad.png

5_zps31a962dd.png

4_zpsa4cbe167.png

2_zps913fe962.png

1_zpsfa23fd70.png

The idea with the water is relaly nice!

Love the chat emoticons!
Really want to see how the water works.

Also about sprite protection.
I would use some custom client that uses a different protocol for sprites and the dat file. Possibly add a way to have an "all in one" exe file to prevent extraction.
Another thing is in-game. There is the trade function that allowes players to see items in the trade hub, depending on the client version. You could remove the functionality here or add some sort of overlay effect for sprites.
You cant really stop players from using the in-game viewer and manually cropping sprites though. That just takes more time on their part, and they can't rip all of them.

Love the chat emoticons!
Really want to see how the water works.

Also about sprite protection.
I would use some custom client that uses a different protocol for sprites and the dat file. Possibly add a way to have an "all in one" exe file to prevent extraction.
Another thing is in-game. There is the trade function that allowes players to see items in the trade hub, depending on the client version. You could remove the functionality here or add some sort of overlay effect for sprites.
You cant really stop players from using the in-game viewer and manually cropping sprites though. That just takes more time on their part, and they can't rip all of them.

Emoticons are a bit different ingame, I had hand-drawn this one on the picture, but there's still a huge variety of them, just they're a bit bigger. :p
About sprite protection, yes, we will use some method of encryption which I still haven't researched - but will in future, however, sprites can always be extracted, one way or another and it's hard to prevent that. We hope no one will use them without asking for permission, but if they do, they will be reported and dealt with so that doesn't bother me a lot.

Back