• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Need some help with my ot.

Friherren

Reaction score
Hi!
I've tried to start an ot server, i can get it to work and i can add new map and all that stuff. The problem are when ppl try to connect to ther server they cant still ports are open is it my router ip i should use or the global one when they are going to connect? so if i use my local ip from router lets say 127.0.0.1 and then when i've added ports and all for tibia its 127.0.0.2 its still just a local server atm right?
How do i get it to work with other ppl joining instead of just like me and my brother who are on the local router.??..

Please help!
Kind Regards
Friherren

Open the ports 7171/7172 in your router with your IPv4 address.
In config.lua you have to add the ip from this site: What Is My IP Address � | Shows Your IP Address.
Then you (if you login from the computer you host the server on) have to login with your IPv4 or 127.0.0.1 and other people or from other computers the ip you added in config.lua.

Then i got one more question my ipv4 changes every singel day. I got it to work and all but tomorrow when i star my computer my ipv4 will have changed any good solution to this?

Regards
Friherren

Now one problem when i do my own map and change to it and ppl try to connect it says temple position wrong for the account manager. how do i change that because my char i created first at the old map just went to the new temple does acc manager got a script where i need to change the pos in?

kind regards
Friherren

look you need to change temple position in forgotenserver.s3db
or in rme editor press ctrl+t and put temple position of your first city

Go to your database, table players and edit posx, posy and posz of the Account Manager.
You can change the newplayer position and townid in config.lua.

yeah its done that worked but this ip thing now when i changed and did like the youtube clip said they cant connect to ipv4 i added. tho they can if i undo that and just put in my ip from whatsmyip then they can but it still changes...

i can join by my ipv4 from the router 192.168.1.x or with 127.0.0.1 but i can tlogg onto it by the global just the once from the outside our network.

- - - Updated - - -

how do i get hold on some script for 8.6 server i'd like infinite potions.

kind regards
Friherren

What do you mean by they can't connect to IPv4, if you make a static ip people can't login to your server anymore? About the ip from What Is My IP Address � | Shows Your IP Address., you don't have to change anything with that.
And it's normal that you can only login with your IPv4 address or 127.0.0.1 and other people (or from other computers) can login with your global ip (What Is My IP Address � | Shows Your IP Address.).

About the potions. All scripts that work with clicking use on an item, are added in actions. In the folder liquids you will find a file potions.lua. Look in this script for doRemoveItem and delete that line.

Last edited:
nice thx Limos your great!
other question tho probebly the last xD My Soya npc talks and shows all items but when hitting sell buttom nothing happends ;/

Kind Regards
Friherren

Do you get an error in your console? Which server do you use and already tried to use a different modules (data/npc/lib/npcsystem/modules.lua)?

nope no errors just nothing happends im using cryingdamson 0.3.6 (8.60) V8.2(1) and i've just change to my own made map but im using all the other stufff.

Just asked this because didnt know where to find the exact files that i need to fix it in first ot server ever on my own ^^

kind regards
Friherren

You can try to use the modules from 0.3.6pl1 (make backup of your own).
modules.lua - Speedy Share - upload your files here

Thx Limos it worked great!
Now im for some mapping for quest and such things later on perhaps ill post ot if someone whats to join!

Thx againLimos you made it work!

Kind regards
Friherren

Back