• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[NEED YOUR ADVICE] 7.6 PVP Server!

Will you play on the server?

• Yes

• No (please post reason why)

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted 224045

Quick info
- We're making a server that's mainly focused on PVP, but where you also have the ability to take quests and hunt for monsters.
- We made a honor/glory system where you get special coins if you kill the player/target (within your level range of 30 levels) you were assigned to kill.
- The map is a custom closed RL map with teleports to hunting areas and quests, but after a poll here on otland we're thinking to change it to open map without teleports. We're also considering changing it to a fully custom map.
- The client is anti-bot.
- Quests, events and hunting areas are custom.

Exp stage:
Level 8-20: 10x
Level 21-40: 8x
Level 41-60: 6x
Level 61-80: 4x
Level 81-100: 2x
Level 100+: 1x

Here are the previous polls:
[POLL] Donation: monthly premium cost
[POLL] How much advantage should donating give you? Only 7 days left...
[POLL] Donation prices! Closing soon...
[POLL] Give your vote on tibia map 7.6 pvp server!
[POLL] Open map vs closed? 7 days left
Give your vote on 7.6 PVP! 7 days remaining

So if you're an old school pvp lover please give your advice on what you want on a server like this, or on what's missing, or on what you would like to change, etc...

You will get rep++ on good advice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Need original content, not more lazy teleports copy pasted RL maps.

The Walking Dead server is teasing a private testing now. The Walking Dead Server

I'm fucking hyped about that. See the difference?

You had my attention but now that you say it's gonna be a real map... Also you're gonna get an utterly broken character progression with these stages

- We made a honor/glory system where you get special coins if you kill the player/target (within your level range of 30 levels) you were assigned to kill.
- Quests, events and hunting areas are custom.

I think these two points are what could seperate you from any other 7.6 rl map, so you should elaborate on them.

What can the special coins be used for? How does a typical quest/event/hunting area look and how many are there? You could show some screenshots and perhaps a minimap with a mark for every custom spawn/quest to give people an idea of how much custom content there actually is.

You had my attention but now that you say it's gonna be a real map... Also you're gonna get an utterly broken character progression with these stages
Thank you for your reply. We're not against making a custom map if that's what people want. Can you give advice on what stages that would be better?

I think these two points are what could seperate you from any other 7.6 rl map, so you should elaborate on them.

What can the special coins be used for? How does a typical quest/event/hunting area look and how many are there? You could show some screenshots and perhaps a minimap with a mark for every custom spawn/quest to give people an idea of how much custom content there actually is.

Thank you for your reply. The coins can be used to buy the best items in-game. Videos/screenshots are coming.

Thank you for your reply. We're not against making a custom map if that's what people want. Can you give advice on what stages that would be better?

Either much less steep, think x7-x1 (or x10-x2 whatever I don't know your server) or no stages at all i.e. a new exp formula+tweaked monsters. You want to make the low levels fun and interesting, not just skip them entirely.

You failed hard at 2 aspects. First, you are clueless of what you want to do, since trying to do what most people want is not knowing what you want to do. And most importantly, you think feedback you get here, specially using polls with nearby no votes, matters somehow. We at discussion forum are devs wannabes, mostly connected to custom content stuff and don't represent at all your hypotetical playerbase. You will get feedback to do custom stuff, but as you can easily see by browsing otservlist, most ot players prefer real maps. Best way to have "most players" is to copy similar servers rates/features.

Please stopping creating pools everyday, it's the worst plan ever.

You failed hard at 2 aspects. First, you are clueless of what you want to do, since trying to do what most people want is not knowing what you want to do. And most importantly, you think feedback you get here, specially using polls with nearby no votes, matters somehow. We at discussion forum are devs wannabes, mostly connected to custom content stuff and don't represent at all your hypotetical playerbase. You will get feedback to do custom stuff, but as you can easily see by browsing otservlist, most ot players prefer real maps. Best way to have "most players" is to copy similar servers rates/features.

but I like the pools

Thank you for your wise words. I'm already doing what you're saying, looking at the top 10 on otservlist. Will do polls on our website when the server is up and running instead.

Thank you for your wise words. I'm already doing what you're saying, looking at the top 10 on otservlist. Will do polls on our website when the server is up and running instead.

I think I'm a lonely soldier in this cause, but I think polls are dumb. Relevant:

[France] Guilcera Oldschool - 7.x Custom Map
[France][7.4 Custom] Celestia Realm - Started December

If you really gonna go for it, use it to play your playerbase to think their input matters, it should matters, but you shouldn't follow polls results blindly. They should give you the idea of your players perceptions, but people think they want stuff they don't really want because they don't know all the consequences of the choice.

Exemple:
Regarding rates and server life spam for a PvP oriented oldschool server. People want higher exp rates with low frag times, but also a server life spam of at least 3 months. Make a poll, most people will want lower frag times and higher exp rates, you please them, you server is dead in 2 weeks. Make a poll regarding server life spam, people will say they want 3 months. You don't need players input to hit the sweet spot, people already figured it out, just copy the rate of successful server and ignore dumb people that think they got it figured out and claim for polls and player input. People will be retardedly vocal, you don't need to please them, you need good PR. You need to please them through your game, not doing what they want, that's not the same thing.

Last edited:
I think the issue with polls is that it's easy to do it wrong. Do it right and you can get an accurate spread of opinions from millions of people by just asking a few thousand; do it wrong and you can get any result (randomly or intentionally).

Back