• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Nekiro's downgrade 8.60 [TFS 1.5]

Roddet

Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Does anyone is officially using this downgrade? And what has been the experience so far?
Im asking because im planning to use his distribution instead

@Znote is using it on his acidOT and I'm using it on my test server for months, so far so good, best 8.6 engine I've ever used
And you have plans to use it as official? Im kinda undecided tbh but at the same time i wanna use it so badly, i fall inlove with 1.x syntax

And you have plans to use it as official? Im kinda undecided tbh but at the same time i wanna use it so badly, i fall inlove with 1.x syntax
yes, that is the plan, using it on production, I'm pretty sure there are also other ots using it with lots of players already

Does anyone is officially using this downgrade? And what has been the experience so far?
Im asking because im planning to use his distribution instead
Been using it on AcidsOT for about half a year now, no crashes or issues with it so far. This is the source code for the binary I run, its not quite up to date as I don't need any of the latest features yet. Its very solid.
Keep in mind its not for download and run, the binary is solid and supports revscript, but you need to fix up the datapack yourself.

Been developing Greed with it and it's much better that any other engine I used before, totally recommended 👍
I can suggest some custom modifications for it, they're not on the main repository, but surelly will help.
  1. Improved creature behaviour: I saw many threads talking about this optimization, main tfs repository doesn't have a real quick reaction from monsters since it is focused on performance. This post is definitely a great solution for that Solved - Weird monster behaviour in TFS 1.1? (https://otland.net/threads/weird-monster-behaviour-in-tfs-1-1.228021/#post-2200365)
  2. Far-use and far-push delay: On game.cpp you can find many configurations, there's voids for Game::PlayerMoveItem, Game::PlayerMoveCreature, among others. Generally you can find the delays for this actions by searching.
C++:
SchedulerTask* task = createSchedulerTask(400, std::bind(&Game::playerUseItem, this,                                     
playerId, pos, stackPos, index, spriteId));

You just have to adjust the createSchedulerTask and change the value (400) for whatever you want. After that just search with CTRL + F all the
Lua:
SchedulerTask* task = createSchedulerTask(

To manually set delay for every action. This can be a great optimization for war-servers since it's push delay and thoose stuff must be much faster.

Regards!

Been using it on AcidsOT for about half a year now, no crashes or issues with it so far. This is the source code for the binary I run, its not quite up to date as I don't need any of the latest features yet. Its very solid.
Keep in mind its not for download and run, the binary is solid and supports revscript, but you need to fix up the datapack yourself.
I agree, in most cases we wouldnt need all features, thanks for sharing

Been developing Greed with it and it's much better that any other engine I used before, totally recommended 👍
I can suggest some custom modifications for it, they're not on the main repository, but surelly will help.
  1. Improved creature behaviour: I saw many threads talking about this optimization, main tfs repository doesn't have a real quick reaction from monsters since it is focused on performance. This post is definitely a great solution for that Solved - Weird monster behaviour in TFS 1.1? (https://otland.net/threads/weird-monster-behaviour-in-tfs-1-1.228021/#post-2200365)
  2. Far-use and far-push delay: On game.cpp you can find many configurations, there's voids for Game::PlayerMoveItem, Game::PlayerMoveCreature, among others. Generally you can find the delays for this actions by searching.
C++:
SchedulerTask* task = createSchedulerTask(400, std::bind(&Game::playerUseItem, this,                                   
playerId, pos, stackPos, index, spriteId));

You just have to adjust the createSchedulerTask and change the value (400) for whatever you want. After that just search with CTRL + F all the
Lua:
SchedulerTask* task = createSchedulerTask(

To manually set delay for every action. This can be a great optimization for war-servers since it's push delay and thoose stuff must be much faster.

Regards!

Yeah, that was one of my first concern thoughts, about behave in general but nothing that cannot be corrected/edited
Thanks for the info!

Back