• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Nelvara - Reset and Update Discussion

I love the idea of a reset, to be honest this server has a lot of potential and with the new systems you planing to add will increase the rate of players and I hope you guys keep updating daily/weekly more content.

Greetings, Liro.

The experience rate was probably the main thing people complained about on the last installment of Nelvara, so it's not much of a surprise to see an increase. Although maybe the experience rate should drop down to 3/2x faster than it does now. (At 100+ people will likely have good weapon enchantments speeding up leveling considerably). Last time I could still level up every 12 - 20 minutes or so even with the low static experience at 160+ hence I'm raising this argument. As far as the mage enchantments go, Nureha, Elwyn and I have discussed this into great depth and every time so far the changing of spell effects seemed the best option to us; but to add to that, it would be really cool to see some original effects rather than just 10% extra Sudden Death damage, Sudden Death applying curses would be pretty cool too. Having deep custimization like this would mean mages would become a bit more unpredictable in PvP which helps balance out how extremely squishy they can be versus enchanted Paladin / Knight weapons.

PS:
It's great to see you active on this again Trollebror/Elwyn, I've already notified a bunch of my friends and they're all hyped to play again. This time we'll kill that Dwarf King for sure!

I'm not asking for an exact date, but around when can we expect the reset and update to come? Haven't played a server in a while and I'm starting to have withdraws.

I would love to see the tasks updated. Among the current tasks 90% are useless and will never be done more than once to check the reward.
I still have this http://pastebin.com/fa2eSaPa for what is closeby each town, at least it's what I remember and have found.
And please don't make it multiple monsters no one would ever hunt in the same task again.
I'm talking about 50 Orc Shamans, 145 Dragons and 195 Bonelords when there's another task for 130 Dragons with basically the same rewards.

Last edited:
I'm not asking for an exact date, but around when can we expect the reset and update to come? Haven't played a server in a while and I'm starting to have withdraws.
Some weeks maybe, not sure.

I would love to see the tasks updated. Among the current tasks 90% are useless and will never be done more than once to check the reward.
I still have this http://pastebin.com/fa2eSaPa for what is closeby each town, at least it's what I remember and have found.
And please don't make it multiple monsters no one would ever hunt in the same task again.
I'm talking about 50 Orc Shamans, 145 Dragons and 195 Bonelords when there's another task for 130 Dragons with basically the same rewards.
Hello there Nureha! Well sure, even though it has its advantages, I see your point.

What would you like to see as rewards from the repeatable tasks?
Experience points for every task, and some money or equipment. Would it be possible to have them on a timer? So if you finish a task very quickly you get a better reward.

What would you like to see as rewards from the repeatable tasks?
The current rewards are fine, it's just the tasks that need changing. One task should not require you to run all over the world when it's just a repeatable.
Make sure each tasks requirement are close to each other, i.e you could have a Amazon and Valkyrie task for earlier levels, Mummies and Vampires, monsters that tend to be close to one another.
Sure you can make chains that are onetime tasks like the "Gather Supplies" tasks, which can give exp, rare items and generally anything based on how long and hard the tasks are.

On another note, I feel that the exp stages might be a bit too high in the start.
Have you tried so you don't get too high in rook, cause last time just doing the dwarf quest pretty much got you to 8.

Last edited:
The current rewards are fine, it's just the tasks that need changing.

I disagree, here's why; you can adjust the task and make the monsters easier to farm in one place but when monsters are made progressively harder and the reward isn't made progressively better it will not change the current issue where people will only farm the simplest task to enchant weapons. There has to be more incentive to farm tasks, they used to give enchantment rubies which was great; but the dragon task and the tasks after gave the same amount, this means if I were to look into upgrading my weapon, I'd opt for quickly killing 130 dragons over anything else. There has to be more incentive for a task; experience and gold are part of it, but I was personally never really short on either and I think these only really help out in the very early stages of the game. Having some system akin to real tibia where you gather task points for special rewards like boss fights seems like a great idea to me. Not neccesarily the bossfights, but maybe by collecting task points you can buy more enchantment gems/gear/addon items/mounts. If higher level / more difficult tasks in this example would yield more points (to justify the extra time spent doing it), you'd actually have incentive to do tasks besides dragons. (Last Nelvara Aizle and I repeated the dragon task over and over to roll his SoV's at level 150+ because the other tasks were not worth doing yet).

As for splitting up monsters and having us travel to complete tasks; let me emphasize that this is ALRIGHT, it's okay for us to have to travel from spawn to spawn to complete a task, but only if the reward is good enough to make it worthwhile, last Nelvara this was simply not the case. There was no valid reason to discomfort yourself into hunting dragon lords and medusae when the normal dragon task also yielded you an enchantment ruby. Creating a bit of a struggle for us isn't a bad thing, we just need a good reward to make up for the effort put in. (Also the medusae task was kind of meh, due to them only existing in a 3 spawn).

TL;DR

Make task rewards worth the struggle of the task
Make tasks with monsters people want to kill
Add extra rewards tradeable for task points (examples in post).

Last edited:
Experience points for every task, and some money or equipment. Would it be possible to have them on a timer? So if you finish a task very quickly you get a better reward.
A task timer you say? Might not be a bad idea, something we might look into in the future. :)

The current rewards are fine, it's just the tasks that need changing. One task should not require you to run all over the world when it's just a repeatable.
Make sure each tasks requirement are close to each other, i.e you could have a Amazon and Valkyrie task for earlier levels, Mummies and Vampires, monsters that tend to be close to one another.
Sure you can make chains that are onetime tasks like the "Gather Supplies" tasks, which can give exp, rare items and generally anything based on how long and hard the tasks are.

On another note, I feel that the exp stages might be a bit too high in the start.
Have you tried so you don't get too high in rook, cause last time just doing the dwarf quest pretty much got you to 8.
The experience reward have been removed from Ylvas quest on Rookgaard to avoid over-levling. Since the experience stages 1-8 is so high you will fly through Rookgaard. I don't know why, but people don't like to play in rook for very long. :p

You could have advanced tasks which you can only do once per day, or few hours etc and they have a timer and give greater rewards.

We've discussed this and decided to allow afk skill training (these players will still be killable) but we'll punish experience- and PvP-botters with direct ban (2 bans equals deletion). What do you think about this guys?
  • Afk skilling is fine since those players are killable.
  • Punish EXP and PVP botters with direct ban (2 bans=deletion)
Those both sound pretty good to me.

We've discussed this and decided to allow afk skill training (these players will still be killable) but we'll punish experience- and PvP-botters with direct ban (2 bans equals deletion). What do you think about this guys?
Sounds good, I'm a one strike you're out kind of guy personally. But this sounds entirely reasonable. I'm still really disappointed in a lot of the people I played with randomly AFK botting and then claiming "it's okay". Especially after getting me to kill the bots they found. So I hope this will atleast make them reconsider.

Back