• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Netherlands] Ascalon World [8.70|Custom|RPG|Mid-exp] - IS ONLINE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New patch released!

Well, I guess there will be complains about that patch wasnt really big, much ppls were waiting for something global and huge, but I can assume everyone, that I did my best, to made as much as possible. However I had to delay few things I wanted to release with this patch(due to Sands of Time quest xD), so they may come in few days(spoil: I planned some new spells aswell as changes of old spells, based on new promotion levels and smart cast feature, also some content will come for level 200-350 player).

Patch notes:
  • New monsters: Smuggler[L. 85]. Location: north-east from goblins hills. Hunting ground also including interesting quest with awesome reward.
  • New quest tip: Old Sage in the library of South City can tell you a story about his adventure.
  • Promotion changes: Now promotion is a soloable quest, which requires level 150. Master Morrun(promotion NPC) is waiting for you at east city exit(temple which is out of the city). Spells level requirements were slightly remaked, in order to fit new level of promoted players.
  • Old promotion quest was deprecated, now its called Hellhound's Tomb quest, and it gives a normal reward. Quest state was resetted for promoted players.
  • From now on targeted spells(like exura sio, amicus sio, manus arco, exiva and new upcoming spells) can be used in a new way. Once you got a player in your party, team(CTF event), you can still select him as target for your spells just by clicking on him. After click, your attack will be canceled as usually, but player will become your default target for those spells. Once spell is casted without param(just exura sio), spell will be casted on your default target. You can also set yourself as default target just by clicking the ground under yourself. If there will be no useable items under you, next spellcast will be casted on yourself.
  • Changes to Attack and Defense modificators formulas, now they got less effect on overall damages(its still a valuable bonus, just nerfing a bit its formula, as it affecting gameplay way too much).
  • Once player hit level 75, 180 and 300 he receive 1, 2 and 3 days of premium time. (I won't add premium time to those players who already passed those levels, sorry). Now its not possible to buy premium houses with less than 5 days of premium time.
  • A little boost to mages wand damage, correction of archers/mage weapons damage(average damage is same, just shorten damage range).
  • Reworked how healing modificator is counted, fixes some unwanted behaviors, so your healing effects may be affected(however I dont know it was a nerf of buff, at least now its working properly, as planned). Fixed wrong behavior of healing bonus, which was actually counted twice in mana restoring(so yeah, mages will notice a slight nerf on their mana restoring runes and potions).
  • Black pearls and small diamonds removed from monsters drop, as they are no longer used for promotion. I will find the way to trade them away from players anytime soon.
  • More fixes and features to bomberman event.
  • Changed Vambraces item bonus, now they provide 30 flat damage to your weapon instead of 10% attack speed. (10% attack speed was a 7-8% dps increasing for sharpshooters, while rest of vocations had ~<5%. Sniper gloves for assassins still give 10% to critical chance, as its actually +5% better than bonus from sniper arrows.
  • Displaying of current armor and resistance values in players descriptions. Displaying bonus attack(from some items) in players descriptions.
  • Nerfed armor and resistance formulas(now 1 armor value blocking 0.9-1.0 damage(was 0.9-1.2)).
  • Mages are no longer receive additional damage to mana.
  • Archers smoke bomb spell duration was nerfed to 2 seconds instead of 3.
  • Fuzziness spell was deprecated from mages, wizards and priests.
  • Dodge and Repelling is now capped on 50%(means you cant have more than 50% dodge).
  • Fixed root and other crowd control conditions to work properly with monsters.
  • NPC Zaid is disabled for a while(the one who was selling pking licenses)
  • Fixed mastermind potions charges saving.
  • Fixed a bug when deadly spider on survival event sometimes was kicking invisible players.
  • Fixed that some conditions(hellhound's skill debuff, insect swarm's health debuff, skill fish buff) wasnt displaying icons.
  • Fixed g5 vampiric weapons, now they are upgradeable.
  • Support channel was added, so you can always catch me or anyone from staff there.

smartcast.jpg

update1.png

update2.png

that new sand quest seems pretty crazy, if i die when i do it i will rage <.<

As an very active player of Ascalon, I'd like to say! Damn Time of Sands is freakin' awesome!

Haven't gotten passed the first area ...!:X

Today we will be patching a major change of game mechanics.

Until now each armor/resistance point was decreasing damage dealt to you by ~1. In my opinion however, this does not work well on Ascalon. The major issue is that it is very hard to balance it and make players feel satisfied at the same time. I bet hitting for 800 damage on one target and for 100 at another one caused a lot of frustration to many players. Today Ascalon will start utilizing a totally new system. This system has a dynamic formula for damage reduction. Here is an example: 15 armor or resistance will block 12% of incoming damage, 40 armor or resistance will block 15% damage, 100 will block 23%, 200 - 29%, 400 - 47%, 800 - 63% and so on. This way knights are still going to be the most enduring class due to their high base health and high armor value, however damage in PvM and especially PvP is working WAY better than before. Usually when you were trying to attack a fully geared crusader with a wand or a low grade distance weapon, you would deal 0 damage since he had around 600 resistance, so damage from every attack was decreased by 600. Now 600 resistance will block 57% of your damage, so you will actually hit. However, this does affect high damage spells and attacks in the opposite way. If you are hitting for 1500 damage with AoE spell, 57% reduction is more effective than blocking 600 pure damage. Thats why damages on all(!) AoE spells were increased by 5-40%(higher increase on higher level spells) in this patch.

Anyway, you should understand, that it were incredible hard to test all issues which can be affected by current system, so I guess there will be some complains. Thats why I'm asking everyone to get patience and just explain their problems in friendly way; I can assume, everything will be fixed asap. Once this system will be fully balanced, you will notice how perfect it fits currect gameplay.

Also this restart I patched a lot of fixes and optimizations to server's engine. A lot of changes to tibia protocol handling, which should cause smoother connection speed and fixing of client debugs.

If you find some strange game behaviors, lags or client debugs, report them immediately.

Also, in-game and spell changes:​
  • Increased loot rate and spawn time(200%) for red skulled bosses.
  • Default spawn time changed to 90 seconds instead of 60.
  • Defensive Stance(Knights) - adds 30 to defense bonus(was 20), duration 30 seconds(was 15), cooldown 90 seconds(was 120), manacost 250(was 85).
  • Concentration(Mages) - adds 30 to attack bonus(was 15), lowering defense bonus by 40(was 20), movement speed by 150(was ~20%), duration 25 seconds(was 10), cooldown 90 seconds(was 120).
  • Frenzy(Archers) - Increasing attack speed by 10%(was 30%), lowering movement speed by 120(was ~15%), duration 30 seconds(was 10), no more losing attack bonus when casted(was -15%), cooldown 90 seconds(was 120).
  • Serenity(Crusaders) - adds 50 to defense bonus(was 30), duration 45 seconds(was 20).
  • Rage(Berserkers) - duration 30 seconds(was 20).
  • Steady Aim(Assassins) - critical hit chance bonus is 20% now(was 10%), duration 45 seconds(was 15), lowering movement speed by 250(was 0).
  • Master(Sharpshooter) - lowering movement speed by 250(was ~20%), duration 45 seconds(was 15).
  • Advanced Concentration(Wizard) - increasing attack bonus 45(was 25), lowering defense bonus by 60(was 30), lowering movement speed by 250(was ~20%), duration 40 seconds(was 10), manacost 920(was 320).
  • Enchanting(Priest) - duration 60 seconds(was 30), armor and resistance bonus is 150(was 120).
  • Hand of Protection(Crusader) - duration increased to 20 seconds(was 15)
  • Amount of health healed by Spirit runes increased a little bit.
  • Amount of health healder by Divine healing spell for archers was lowered a bit.

Might play again.. Have an idea for pearls trade for a mount or something? Like unique one.. Dragon hatchling! Easy to add just use its id. It works a charm :)

Meaby i'll back, i have 10 day pacc scroll fuck yea.

But school and 2 servers you know, so that would be hard.

Last edited:
Fare and Enxorix, you guys really put much time into this server. It was great from the start, and it seems you made it even better. Good job! I see it's all the same players that were here from day 1. Perhaps you could add something to boost the motivation of starting for new players? I'll come online and check all the new updates :)

almost all 8.7 mounts are ingame. However we planning to switch into custom client anytime soon, so we will be able to use all possible mounts.

U dnt need custom client to use other mounts. E.g just by adding the id of (monk) makes player have it and can mount it properly. Only issues are with sprites larger than 32x32. So u could use dragon hatchling, rotworm, hand of cursed fate, orcs, wolves, lion, tiger, husky, etc ^^

U dnt need custom client to use other mounts. E.g just by adding the id of (monk) makes player have it and can mount it properly. Only issues are with sprites larger than 32x32. So u could use dragon hatchling, rotworm, hand of cursed fate, orcs, wolves, lion, tiger, husky, etc ^^

Yes I know that its possible, but I was sure animation\look wont be perfect ;d anyway, gonna try. Thanks.

This long-awaited patch is out!

The main feature released in this patch is Crafting System. This system allows players to create items from different crafting materials. You are able to see basic crafting usage on screenshots down.
  1. First, player needs to collect all needed ingredients.
  2. Once he got all the needed ingredients, he needs to put them into a special locker which is located in the blacksmith shop, then use a crafting hammer on it.
  3. Players are able to buy basic ingredients and tools required for collecting rest of ingredients from NPC Zaur, who was moved from the temple to blacksmith's shop. There is a dozen of common recipes which player can use to craft an item with a special passive ability.
  4. Fist fighting is being used as player's 'craft mastery', with higher skill players are able to use better recipes and their chances of success are higher.

There are also some special recipes, which are used for creating most powerful items available. Any recipe of that kind can be used only once, however it's possible to disenchant an item in some cases(when you're upgrading an item crafted by using a special recipe, you can use crafting hammer on it to disenchant it, in order to get recipe back, but you will lose 'bonus ability' from item.)

Other changes:

• New monster: Earth Elemental[L.280]. Location: north-east from strange house checkpoint.
  • New quest: Elements Sphere, level required: 300+.
  • New quests: Solo and Dual arena, which are available in the east city. (level 250+ to enter)
  • Yalaharian outfit and first addon is ingame (sorry about second addon xD). Location: East side of map, travelers camp.
  • Remade bounce ability, now this ability is working properly in pvp; also in case there is no target to bounce on, your main target will get recieve a second attack with 60-100% damage of first attack.
  • Fixed furniture NPC.
  • Changed to armor\resistance formula, which provide more flexible protection at start.
  • Fixed passive critical and stun weapons which were bugged in some cases.
  • Healing bonus being nerfed based on attack and defense bonus formulas.
  • PvP protection is now until level 50.
  • So called 'lucky' protection in PvM - if player is getting hardly comboed and fatal hit is coming, that his is getting lowered by 50%, so player avoiding death. However this feature works only once per few minutes, so you shouldnt rely on that. Its just a helping feature for newcomers.
  • Players are no more losing items in wars, only experience and skills.
  • Fixed a bug when upgraded weapons were increasing total armor and resistance.
  • Lifesteal ability stones were nerfed to 15%(was 20%).
  • Fixed platinum amulet(armor and resistance wasnt counted properly).
  • Fixed a bug when shielding skill wasnt properly trained on trainers.
  • Reduced mlvl gained by spamming spells for mages(sorry Ellzie <3), however training formula was re-fixed.
  • Remade of reward on 'Annihilator in mines' quest; This quest is being resetted for everyone, so you are able to do it again if needed.
  • Fixed a bug when player wasnt able to heal his ally while he(ally) is stunned.
  • Added armor and resistance penetrate to level 340+ monsters(10-30%).
  • Removed kicking and teleporting command from Game Masters. Also not allowing to use teleport to temple for own chars. No more complains about GM's abusing please :)

update1.png

update2.png

update3.png

update4.png

update5.png

hard times...not even single reply about patch, =(

Do not be discouraged Fray, you've done amazing work, as per usual, and I really want the best for you.

I'm not playing but I'm still keeping myself updated on what's happening with this wonderful server.

Let me know if you ever reset. As much as you changed since the beginning, this "new" ascalon deserves a brand chance :)

Love this patch, it really fits right into the game. Everything feels like it fits really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.