• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Netherlands] Ascalon World [8.70|Custom|RPG|Mid-exp] - IS ONLINE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well; I'm pretty much sure ascalon is coming back online...just can't give any proper ETA; It will be out, right after I will be done with things I need.

Holy shit, some one of the best news ever. Ascalon was my favorite OT I ever played lol.

Well it wasn't the greatest BUT it kept me coming back to it and that's a hard thing to do since most ots I find boring. So I will check it out if its back

Seriously Fare, why bring up Ascalon when everyone is asking for Chasm!? You know it was much more succesfull, and if you would bring that one back I'd do anything to support you.

no way lol! Chasm was much better and I'm sure 99% of the old chasm players agrees with me. ;-)

Yeah chasm was way better, if you guys think Ascalon is good, chasm was like 2x better so unless you've played both server you can't really judge it.

i played both servers and i really loved chasm (i preffer this one for sure) but have to admit ascalon was pretty awesome too !

Would love to play Ascalon again. Went offline the week I wanted to start again after my exams :~(

Seriously Fare, why bring up Ascalon when everyone is asking for Chasm!? You know it was much more succesfull, and if you would bring that one back I'd do anything to support you.

chasm was good in 2008. Its been 4~ years since project died, and honestly, I can rate it as pretty much old and outdated project, start it and there will be just 20 players, who would like to feel some nostalgie and they gonna quit in a week, as server was pretty small and crude ^^ We just need to step over it.

@up, yes, right now I'm working on forgottenl.hopto.org where I'm hired to. And also I started to work on ascalon meanwhile like week ago. Depends on amount of time I will be able to have, I'm planning to set a release date in around 2 weeks. Actually trying to get it up as fast as possible, because having already a dedicated server waiting for ascalon, but I can't launch it until I gonna fix all the issues I found during the first season. I would say, some parts of game going to be completely remaked, I'm planning to change current items organization, aswell as monsters going to be changed completely. First season showed me a lot of weak sides of server, game was pretty much 'linear', even with all customizations;

How about the next online period? Will it rest for some months,or ur planning to shut it down after a while(so season 2 would be considered a beta?)?

How about the next online period? Will it rest for some months,or ur planning to shut it down after a while(so season 2 would be considered a beta?)?

No, its not going to be beta or something. Atm I'm pretty much sure it got potential to stay online for a long time; Even if there will be not so much players, my current hosting dedicated is used for more long-term purposes. Means that even if Ascalon wont get enough players, it can stay online.[And well, based on how much messages I receive for last month, I'm pretty much sure there will be players ^^]. Ascalon was started when it was such a small server, probably 20% of what we got now, and still it was nearly successed. Now it's pretty much huge server, with fresh ideas coming from me = success! ;P

Ascalon was the best server i played for sure, i will bring some friends to play.

I can imagine that if Fare is active on the server, does a lot of updates, & controls botting/have staff control botting, this server can bring in TONS of players. With everything new it ended in, it leaves a long time to progress before you run out of stuff/get bored.

Last edited:
Ascalon is sure to bring lots of players. It's one of the best servers I've ever played honestly. That's probably because I was super tanky with my hp reg stones. x)

@Fare - Delayte to, chto vy chuvstvuyete, eto pravo cheloveka, ya lichno predpochitayu dannom servere drugiye. Vy, navernoye, luchsheye, chto vy delayete, na moy vzglyad.

chasm was good in 2008. Its been 4~ years since project died, and honestly, I can rate it as pretty much old and outdated project, start it and there will be just 20 players, who would like to feel some nostalgie and they gonna quit in a week, as server was pretty small and crude ^^ We just need to step over it.

@up, yes, right now I'm working on forgottenl.hopto.org where I'm hired to. And also I started to work on ascalon meanwhile like week ago. Depends on amount of time I will be able to have, I'm planning to set a release date in around 2 weeks. Actually trying to get it up as fast as possible, because having already a dedicated server waiting for ascalon, but I can't launch it until I gonna fix all the issues I found during the first season. I would say, some parts of game going to be completely remaked, I'm planning to change current items organization, aswell as monsters going to be changed completely. First season showed me a lot of weak sides of server, game was pretty much 'linear', even with all customizations;

gosh ye in 2 weeks im out of rehab! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.