• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Netherlands] Ascalon World [8.70|Custom|RPG|Mid-exp] - IS ONLINE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring it up already!!!! Seems aweseome. ;)

It really wasn't the best server, but somehow you get addicted to it and keep logging in every day. I even killed 17k demon skeletons manually as a tank vocation with a tank set-up -.-'

Don't know or I will be playing this time, but at least I will pay it a visit and say peekaboo.

If you make it 8.6 again you should allow botting. When I was in my last guild I discovered that really almost everyone was cavebotting and it was that much that they simply refused to believe that I did everything manually with my knight... Upgrading to a version without (many easy obtainable) bots would have my preference of course.

^+1
Please don't make it 8.6, it's pretty much saying, hey everyone feel free to bot. You should also make it so playing manually has a more advantage than botting so people aren't encouraged to bot....If I see a ton of people botting and nothing being done I won't play.

I think it would be awesome to have it to a newer client .. but that will probably take much more work than necessary. I also thought the random boss spawn helped a lot with the botters, not completely, but it helped.

Having some variety in the strength of one kind of monsters barely helps. Having 90% of all high levels using cavebots proves that. I remember my enemies having like 3 high level chars each and therefore not having to be careful with taking frags while we had to watch out not getting a red skull when fighting too long.

2x. lol. eh i guess you botted, cause if not you can suck my dick if u tell me that (i had to hunt 24k skeles to get a high level) half exp= 48kmakes sence. mroe quests and stuff tasks without gems but exp as rewared so botters and abusers can suck a dix

If you put it alot (but long, for example kill 200 of those) missions and put huge exp rewards (and lower exp gain from monsters) so that missions will be your main exp outcome, it'd be fun. Since it was a little too much grinding at higher lvls.

If you put it alot (but long, for example kill 200 of those) missions and put huge exp rewards (and lower exp gain from monsters) so that missions will be your main exp outcome, it'd be fun. Since it was a little too much grinding at higher lvls.
So true. I was really happy after grinding my way to 350, and then there was a patch which nerfed leveling on low lvl monsters (e.g. dworcs), and leveling became very tiring. IMHO instead of making leveling longer, Fare should focus on endgame (gearing up + pvp). I'm playing TERA Online atm and I can say that there are some really nice ways of spending time after reaching level cap (battlegrounds, nexuses, dungeons), some of these may fit also for Tibia.

I like what peXu is saying.
I don't wanna see an endgame, but I would like to see 'instances' or 'dungeons' which require a party, and you can get reward, or exp, or random rewards.

Got no time to do a complex reply, so gonna drop a short one.

I can't say any launch date for this, as I'm usually never being correct with timing. Right now, I finishing reviewing the code, much of features which were made in latest updates, were pretty much dumb coded, as I had no time for a proper code. I can't continue working, before re-writing 'bad' places. I know, its some kind of work which noone gonna notice, but if I going to continue to write such a corrupted code, sooner or later server gonna start to crash/lag nonstop, and it will be pretty much hard to fix it.

About gameplay, I'm about to leave 'quicker' first levels, to let players join the world without having any serious problems; Lets say until level 100. After that, exp gonna stay as it was, making it slower than original Ascalon is not a solution. Currently, I'm thinking about removing(actually replacing) ability stones from game. At some point, ability stones were making game more linear. Most of the stones were never used, and actually 90% of end-level players were wearing the same stones, as they were counted as 'better than rest'. However gems gonna stay ingame, as upgrading your current items is cool(probably there must be some way to destroy(decraft) your items, to get back partially your gems. As noone was using his gems, everyone was trying to save them for better items). I going to customize current monsters(actually what I've started in latest updates), like more various attacks, abilities for monsters; Current monsters are pretty much same, aswell as having 1 same type of monster in each dungeon is also not a good call from me. Since now monsters going to be more dynamic, like they gonna have some special abilities and strategys, aswell as there may be more different monsters(like instead of having full dungeon of bloody skeletons, there gonna be some more undeads, undeads mages, rangers etc). Aswell as monsters gonna have some more randomed loot(not the way it were: monsters of same level wont drop same items).

You going to ask, what about items abilities, as I said I going to remove ability stones: atm I see it like that: Monsters going to have a specific items drop in loot, every item going to have a small chance, to have some random passive when dropping. Like monster can drop 5x of leather boots, and then drop enchanted leather boots with +5 dodge. I really didn't liked the situation when everyone had backpacks of non used ability stones, etc etc.

Crafting was also a bad step from me, imo it gonna be deprecated and players wont be able to craft items without receipes. Crafting going to be used only for crafting items with receipes(for sure I going to add more receipes, they maybe gonna be dropped from monsters rarely).

/\ Well, thats some minds I got not finished yet, they are just in my head; Feel free to change any of them, as they are not being implented yet.

Atm I working on combats/conditions. I going to make sure that there are just 2 types of damage in Ascalon, physical and magic damages(ofc there is true damage and manadrain which are counted as additional damage types). This is made to make game more clear, get magic resist = you're getting less damage from any magic, etc. Actually this were done on Ascalon already, but were very 'timidly', like there were still some values like fire damage, earth damage, etc. This is just messing stuff around.

Conditions: thats what I'm going to change a lot. Every damage condition(fire, poison, freeze, energy), deals magic damage(if only creature is not immune to this condition, f.e. dragons are immune to fire condition, while fire spells going to hit them still, but they wont be affected by fire condition). Every condition going to have bigger damage and some effect. Like fire condition going to burn % of your armor, freezing condition going to lower your speed, or so.

Thats all what I am able to reply for now, have a nice day :p

I loved ability stones lol... But meh

It seemed like with the ability stones people could have the same exactly equipment which wouldn't be fun imo. I like it that monsters have a chance of droping a rare items with stats on it because now it gives me a motivation to want to grind on monsters.

Ability stones were like: health or mana regen and nothing else. When pvp started to play a bigger role +speed for mages was nice as well if it wasn't a big fight (sucked in pvm though) and so was magic/physical protection if you were fighting people with only mages or only archers.

For the weapons you went either triple stun stone (pvp), a combination of attack and crit stones (depending on pvp or pvm) or triple life steal (mages and tanks).

It were all fixed sets and creative combining was always bad. Dodge, +hp (used it only for a short time, but regen was just way better), +mana and the ability to hit multiple targets were never really used. Don't remember or there were others stones I forgot about.

You've got some big plans right there Max, good luck with those

Also, can't talk to you from school anymore since MSN got dumpster'd -,-

@Down
I know I can, but I can't install skype on my school PC due to no admin rights and before I could talk to people from MSN by using hotmail :O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.