• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Netherlands] Neptera 7.1 | Launch 2018-03-23 | 19:00 CET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the previous Anticus from back in the days, and I really liked it. Especially as I love 7.1.
I might have missed any writen information about tasks, but is that enabled or disabled? Personally I would like to see it disabled, I always thought that tasks kinda ruin the real oldschool feeling.

Good luck with this projekt, I think it has some great potential.

That's great to hear!
Task System currently disabled, we are thinking about to use the system for hosting custom events for the future instead, we feel the same way.

Already 130 people made a characters! The thing is, you don't really need a huge community to enjoy tibia 7.1.

True, but we hope to have atleast 100 active players for the launch.
Last time we launched the server (Anticus), there were over 300 players online instantly at launch, even if there only were 150 accounts registered.
Most people were waiting until the last minutes with creating their accounts.

We don't think people want to miss out on this.
Thank you for the shared thoughts Drinc!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would play a slow rate 7.1 server without Ankrahmun which introduced AoE hunting in tombs - faster XP to Tibia and no Quest Chests. How I miss hunting Giant Spider on lvl 25 paladin around the bushes since the GS couldn't even walk diagonally.

Otservlist has a rule which says max 3 users / ip address, right?

Just a few suggestions/ideas )

1) 7.1/7.4 gave ms 0.50 mana/sec and ek 0.33 hp/sec (Medivia - Regeneration). Neptera gives ms 2 mana / sec (4x reg) , which means knights should get hpReg 1.34 hp / sec (4x reg) (currently they have 0.5 hp / sec (1.5x reg), mb change to 1 hp / sec (?) similar with paladins).

Only changing the rate for promotion (ek, rp but not knight, paladin) gives knights and paladin a bigger reason to buy promotion, and doesnt boost low lvl pala/knight.

2) change exori mana to 50% (helps knights at higher levels, but not much at lower lvls as exori dmg is relyant on lvl/mlvl, and not skills)

3) give paladins 2 power bolts instead of 1, or maybe lower mana cost for it coz they aren't used really. (also helps paladins to be stronger at higher levels.)

4) make exura sio 50 mana instead of 70 mana (makes for more teamhunting & buffs druids a bit)

this balances vocations a bit (from my subjective view, ofc) without changing the oldschool feeling. Also, these changes are quite common on other 7.4 servers.

Just a few suggestions/ideas )

1) 7.1/7.4 gave ms 0.50 mana/sec and ek 0.33 hp/sec (Medivia - Regeneration). Neptera gives ms 2 mana / sec (4x reg) , which means knights should get hpReg 1.34 hp / sec (4x reg) (currently they have 0.5 hp / sec (1.5x reg), mb change to 1 hp / sec (?) similar with paladins).

Only changing the rate for promotion (ek, rp but not knight, paladin) gives knights and paladin a bigger reason to buy promotion, and doesnt boost low lvl pala/knight.

2) change exori mana to 50% (helps knights at higher levels, but not much at lower lvls as exori dmg is relyant on lvl/mlvl, and not skills)

3) give paladins 2 power bolts instead of 1, or maybe lower mana cost for it coz they aren't used really. (also helps paladins to be stronger at higher levels.)

4) make exura sio 50 mana instead of 70 mana (makes for more teamhunting & buffs druids a bit)

this balances vocations a bit (from my subjective view, ofc) without changing the oldschool feeling. Also, these changes are quite common on other 7.4 servers.

Wow, first i must say, great feedback!
Thank you for brainstorming! I will try answer all of your suggestions, as good as possible.

1) I get the idea of what you're saying here, but these regeneration rates have been tested before and we received only positive feedback.
Keep in mind that both Knights and Paladins also receive increased mana regeneration rate, not only Sorcerers and Druids.
Promotion will benefit every vocation and everyone will be able to get it from either King Tibianus in Thais or Queen Eloise in Carlin.

2) We will keep exori at 100 mana cost. This formula were used back in the days and has never been an issue.

3) You will receive 1 power bolt per "exevo con vis". This formula were used back in the days and this will also make power bolts more valuable.

4) Exura sio will cost 70 mana, we will not change that for now. Druid are far from weak, they are actually very strong and has great abilities to act support.

Note: There might be changes over time, but we are really trying to create a close to full replica of version 7.1.
Hope you are satisfied with the answers for now, if you have any further suggestions feel free to share them!

Have a great evening now everyone!

i feel ya, thx for response. Didnt know exori was 100 mana ;o

Last edited:
i feel ya, thx for response. Didnt know exori was 100 mana ;o

No problem, glad to have you with us!

Yes, exori used to be only 100 mana back in the good old days!
This actually makes Knights very enjoyable and powerful to play at mid-high level.

Is it really like 7.1 though?

Is monster behavior the same? Back in 7.1 monsters did not switch targets and didn't move diagonally. They also would get stuck if you throw a field/bomb at them, like throwing a energy bomb at a GS would make it stand still.
Also there were no level dooors and no quest chests. Every quest was accessible to everyone and the rewards were different and spawned only once, like demon legs at the current demon helmet quest and horned helmet at the current bright sword quest.
Teleports didn't exist too, there were stairs instead, like in black knight villa and demon helmet.
Another must is the possibility to lure GS/DL to Carlin and Venore. That was possible because there were no level doors in MoLS, so you could rope the GS/DL all the way to Carlin. And that small bridge near Venore didn't exist and the entrances had ladders instead of stairs, so you could lure and rope the monsters all the way into the city.

I feel like if you're making a 7.1 server it should be like that, otherwise it's just a 7.4 server with 7.1 sprites.

Is it really like 7.1 though?

Is monster behavior the same? Back in 7.1 monsters did not switch targets and didn't move diagonally. They also would get stuck if you throw a field/bomb at them, like throwing a energy bomb at a GS would make it stand still.
Also there were no level dooors and no quest chests. Every quest was accessible to everyone and the rewards were different and spawned only once, like demon legs at the current demon helmet quest and horned helmet at the current bright sword quest.
Teleports didn't exist too, there were stairs instead, like in black knight villa and demon helmet.
Another must is the possibility to lure GS/DL to Carlin and Venore. That was possible because there were no level doors in MoLS, so you could rope the GS/DL all the way to Carlin. And that small bridge near Venore didn't exist and the entrances had ladders instead of stairs, so you could lure and rope the monsters all the way into the city.

I feel like if you're making a 7.1 server it should be like that, otherwise it's just a 7.4 server with 7.1 sprites.

Greetings,

To clearify things, we have decided to add many 7.1 features, but not those that would allow exploiting creatures.

Some of the 7.1 features we have added:
Monster behavior (Example: Warlock will attack in melee & Monsters wont haste themselves)
Demon legs etc at the current demon helmet quest
Stairs at black knight villa and demon helmet quest
Possibility to lure creatures to Carlin and Venore (Note: Venore moved down to ground level floor)
Possibility to trap, trash rope tiles, trap using containers

Hope you are satisfied with the answer!
Have a great day now everyone!

1 day until launch!

Added: Discord server for voice communication with other players. Feel free to use.

If you wish to get your own Guild Channel with password protection, feel free to contact the Discord Admin.

Discord Server: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers
Discord Invite Link: discord.gg/26Nnv3r

Last edited by a moderator:
Neptera are you dutch or only host is in NL?

None of the developers are dutch.
The reason for why we chose a datacentre in the netherlands was to provide a stable connection for everyone.

This looks cool, nice to see Don interested :) I kust have question about Small Stones, what is tje break chance and they drop right?

This looks cool, nice to see Don interested :) I kust have question about Small Stones, what is tje break chance and they drop right?

5% break chanse on Small Stones and yes they do drop on the ground just as spears will do.

So pretty much a 7.4 server with 7.1 sprites, no new content, used the argument that they won't make voc balancing changed that are obviously needed because its how 7.1 was then changes other mechanics of how 7.1 because subjectively they are bad in their opinion. sounds like a shit server to me. no longer interested.

7.1 means no ankrahmun and no ghostland/banshee quest right? Could u tell me what you added from higher versions? Just skull system/shared exp or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back