• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New AAC.. But not made in PHP

Tarek1337

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello hello! So for the past few days I've been working on a new AAC, .. that is made in Python 3.8 (currently using FastAPI with Jinja 2)

To my question is, is there any such interest for such a thing? Last time I was active around here, there was mostly PHP AAC's (i.e GesiorAAC, MyAAC, DevAAC (?) and ZnoteAAC of course).

I also would like to ask, what kind of features are people interested in nowadays? Been a couple of years now since I was active.
The current things I plan on implementing is:

• Highscores
  • Admin panel
  • Some kind of a simple forum
  • Newsletter
  • Payment system
  • Front-facing API for external websites or IRC/Discord bots. (do people still use IRC?)
  • And whatever else that comes to my mind.
Let me know please.

I currently only plan on supporting TFS 1.2 or whatever latest master on GitHub is, cause that's what I am building on top of, at the moment.

Do people still use 0.3?

Where you do find the motivation xD ?
I've wanted to make one with NodeJs but never picked up where I left it.

Where you do find the motivation xD ?
I've wanted to make one with NodeJs but never picked up where I left it.
Heh, I don't. Just felt like maybe it's time for a new project, also contribute with something to here, which I really never have. c:

To be honest I think that it will be hard to convince people to new language.

Most people are used to usual setup, where you install php along with nginx or apache2.

And writing everything from 0 will require a huge time investigation from you.

But I wish you good luck with your project. It's always good to have something fresh. Maybe your AAC will have something competitors would like to have too, who knows ;)

the question is:
whats the point of it?
just asking
If you're asking what's the point in me making this, it's mostly for learning, I guess.
I've never really made an web application before that is dependent on a third party service (i.e TFS).

At this stage, I doubt it'll become the most perfect AAC ever, or whatever.

To be honest I think that it will be hard to convince people to new language.

Most people are used to usual setup, where you install php along with nginx or apache2.

And writing everything from 0 will require a huge time investigation from you.

But I wish you good luck with your project. It's always good to have something fresh. Maybe your AAC will have something competitors would like to have too, who knows ;)
I've got enough time on my hands ever since I finished school. I appreciate the good luck, I'll need it. ❤️

the question is:
whats the point of it?
just asking
whats the point of anything?

life itself, objectively speaking, is pointless.
But subjective speaking, an individual might have their own purpose/meaning of life.

I would say that applies to anything one might be able to think of.

the question is:
whats the point of it?
just asking

While I do undestand your point of view about reinventing the wheel, and even knowing you didn't ask in a bad way, I really would like to point for everyone how bad these kind of speech is for a community. You are not the only one, and, again, I know you didn't said it to be rude, but it's something that we should be careful... I've already saw other users say exactly this in some very interesting projects (like Tibia Unity Client).

This problem doesn't occur only here, we see this pattern in almost all dev communities (except, maybe, in JavaScript, where a new framework have born just right now, while we chat). The thing is, this discourages new developers, so as new projects, that could have a lot of potential. At the same time I agree that too much fragmentation is indeed a bad thing (i.e.: 1239043234 linux distributions around the world), it's also important to have some options to choose, specially because open source is a lot about freedom. Imagine for a moment if nobody had created new browsers for thinking that IE was already good enough. Sometimes, reinvent the wheel is not a bad thing.

I really wish luck in your project. It's very good to see a new AAC made in another stack. Znote AAC is awesome, but not everyone codes in PHP, so it's really nice to have parallel projects in another languagues to bring some choices to Open Tibia ecosystem.

very good, just start. The community will certainly give you incentives, for a long time, but don't drop it. Doing something like this is laborious and tiring, but as you said, it is for your studies, to get even deeper, so scold you. I started a 3 ~ 5 months aac too, soon got a job and didn't have any more time, but I'll leave the repo here, and you can check it out; Hugs, luck.

If you ever need more motivation hmu for a discord channel on our server. Best of luck

Why... Why Python?
Season 7 Birthday GIF by Friends

Big projects are unmaintainable, code itself is messy, no real typing and indication that variable is global or local (imo Python is ugly and not readable after just few hundreds lines of code) also bad performance (yes, Python is slow).

Big projects are unmaintainable, code itself is messy, no real typing and indication that variable is global or local (imo Python is ugly and not readable after just few hundreds lines of code) also bad performance (yes, Python is slow).
Well it's my choice! You're of course welcome to use something else, but I appreciate your feedback nonetheless. ❤️

I saw lots of servers using 0.3.7 (OTX 2) if it's any use. GL with your proyect. I think it's the only 0.3 remaining.
not really
rarely

I appreciate the info, maybe at some point I'll look into it, but right now the main focus is 1.2. ♥️

You can write bad code on any language =). The performance you talk about has 0 impact, you are likely to be waiting for I/O or network latency than waiting for Python... Ruby is also slow and theres Ruby on Rails still being used!

Back