• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Cipsoft feature - TOURNAMENTS - what do You think?

kubqq

Xyntera Global 8.60 - in progress
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello. I wanna know yours opinions about new feature in global tibia - TOURNAMENTS.

Orginal thread:

You can join to tournaments here:

What u think about that ?
Is it also future in open tibia?

Regards

So they figured out how to mimic highrate OTS and made it p2w to play them? lmfao

basically its the status of OTS nowadays but faster.. but you have to pay to play and its to earn coins?
Cipsoft: Tournament starts, level up fast and war till it goes down, try to be first on highscore, earn rep
OTS: high rate server starts, level up fast and war till it dies, try to be first on highscore, earn rep

idk... seems like they copied OTS to me and made them p2w to play.

genius idea for the stock holders but its gross knowing what Cipsoft Tibia use to be.

Last edited:
yeah they're copying the ots that reset over and over again and braindead players come back to it every time
good business opportunity, preying on braindead userbase to start over and spend money on a new world and character

Hello. I wanna know yours opinions about new feature in global tibia - TOURNAMENTS.

Orginal thread:

You can join to tournaments here:

What u think about that ?
Is it also future in open tibia?

Regards
also it is not the future of open tibia. Cipsoft will always be seperated.

OTS are actually bigger than cipsoft tibia as a whole.
PDYtfA9.png

Cipsoft
OebUcvx.png

yeah they're copying the ots that reset over and over again and braindead players come back to it every time
good business opportunity, preying on braindead userbase to start over and spend money on a new world and character
I mean... Diablo, POE, they all have seasons, do you also think people who play them are braindead or do you think maybe they enjoy the race element offered instead and you simply enjoy a different style of gameplay?

I mean... Diablo, POE, they all have seasons, do you also think people who play them are braindead or do you think maybe they enjoy the race element offered instead and you simply enjoy a different style of gameplay?
Those seasons/leagues aren't the same and have different mechanics in each & different/modified items and skills.
I was specifically referring to quite a few servers around here which I keep seeing in the recent posts that reboot with no changes after a few weeks and completely wipe player's characters.
Cip's idea is even dumber, you have to pay in order to participate in a race in which your character gets voided at the end of the week-long tournament.

Those seasons/leagues aren't the same and have different mechanics in each & different/modified items and skills.
I was specifically referring to quite a few servers around here which I keep seeing in the recent posts that reboot with no changes after a few weeks and completely wipe player's characters.
Cip's idea is even dumber, you have to pay in order to participate in a race in which your character gets voided at the end of the week-long tournament.
Okay, that's fair yea and I can agree with that

also it is not the future of open tibia. Cipsoft will always be seperated.

OTS are actually bigger than cipsoft tibia as a whole.
PDYtfA9.png

Cipsoft
OebUcvx.png
You can't compare OTS numbers to RL numbers now, on otservlist about 70% of the players are fake

I think it is a good move by cipsoft for all people.
I particularly like that there will be tournament worlds with store boosts disabled.
Personally I don't have 4 hours a day spare so i'm screwed anyway, but I like the idea.

ye tournaments with boosts disabled and suych makes it less p2w than othjer worlds. even if it costs 500 coins to enter

also here's some special rulkes and such tournaments can have:
Actions

• Area Discovery: determines how many Tournament points you score for discovering an area completely
  • Character Death: determines how many Tournament points you lose upon death
  • Charm Point Multiplier: all obtained Charm points will be multiplied with this number before added to your total Tournament score
  • Level Gain/Loss: determines how many Tournament points will be added to your total score whenever you gain a level, but subtracted when you lose one
  • Creature Kills: determines how many Tournament points you receive for participating in a creature kill of the named creature
  • Quests: determines how many Tournament points will be added to your total score when you complete one of the named questlines
  • Skill Gain/Loss: determines how many Tournament points will be added to your total score whenever you gain a skill level, but subtracted when you lose one
There were also a set of rules that can change depending on the tournament

Rules

• PvP Type: open, optional or hardcore PvP
  • Daily Tournament Playtime: maximum time you can play on a Tournament game world between 2 server saves
  • Death Penalty Modifier: defines the number of experience points you lose upon death in relation to a regular game world
  • XP Multiplier: defines the number of experience points you gain in relation to a regular game world
  • Skill Multiplier: defines the number of skill points you gain in relation to a regular game world
  • Spawn Rate Multiplier: defines the rate on which new creatures spawn in relation to a regular game world
  • Loot Probability: defines the loot amount in relation to a regular game world
  • Rent Percentage: defines the prices for houses in relation to a regular game world
  • House Auction Duration: determines how many days a house auction lasts

People play PoE's or Diablo's new season because of a fresh start, fresh economy and a whole new content to explore (disregard Diablo in this situation) while Tibia's Tournament system doesn't offer 2 latter things at all. However, i think this is a step forward for them because it adds an annotation of competitiveness which Tibia lacks. I've also noticed their system looks very much like old "WAR" ots, meaning you start with a geared-up x-lvl character, and lose everything after a period of time.

Seasons are the perfect excuse for dead ots, dead ot reset and start over again, trying to milk players one more time, they just call it season lol.

can i ask question? what if i kill someone at 3H 59M does it log me out? xD or did i find extra 15 min of exping?

I assume you cannot gain exp after the 4 hour mark.
I agree this is most likely, I just wonder if denying others will be a 'legitimate' strategy post 4 hours of exp.
Locate your nearest competition and troll or murder.

Perhaps after 4 hours your character is rendered into a near spectator mode where by you can still die, but your interactions are severely limited. No damage, no exp, full-nonpvp walkthrough, no trade, no market etc.

I agree this is most likely, I just wonder if denying others will be a 'legitimate' strategy post 4 hours of exp.
Locate your nearest competition and troll or murder.

Perhaps after 4 hours your character is rendered into a near spectator mode where by you can still die, but your interactions are severely limited. No damage, no exp, full-nonpvp walkthrough, no trade, no market etc.
that would be shit hopefully u still can protect yourself so just piss people off enough to attack you first? xD

But this is what players wants. It is extremely hard to create a game with continuous gameplay, stable economy and content that'll satisfy players for years. In almost every game you have some kind of "hard reset", in moba like lol or dota, every new game is a fresh start with fresh "economy", even in WoW there is an economy "reset" with every new expansion where your best items for level 80 that you were grinding for months are weaker than random level 90 items.
I strongly recommend you this conference about how PoE is designed by their creators, absolutely fascinating piece of lecture for all of you developers. And of course Tibia is going for the money there is no doubt in that, but on the other side it is also good for players, because this is what players wants. I absolutely do not agree with the statement that they are just a bunch of braindead fucktards. People enjoy competitive play, and games are to entertain people in the first place.

Last edited:
Tournaments dont appeal to me personally but I think they are a good idea for the maintenance or growth of tibia. Its not possible for a new player to join tibia a 20yr old game and compete for a spot on the high scores. As mentioned in the thread many games have a concept of seasons and leagues with hard or soft resets.

My main issue with the idea is the cost to enter, premium account, at least 1 lvl 100 character on the account, and 500TC or 10KK depending on the world type. I can reasonable see having a premium account and an entrance fee that is 10% of the current prices IE 50TC or 1KK with no level requirement.

From the comments it seems like many in this thread didn't bother to read the FAQs and CM comments from cipsoft.

So they figured out how to mimic highrate OTS and made it p2w to play them? lmfao

basically its the status of OTS nowadays but faster.. but you have to pay to play and its to earn coins?
Cipsoft: Tournament starts, level up fast and war till it goes down, try to be first on highscore, earn rep
OTS: high rate server starts, level up fast and war till it dies, try to be first on highscore, earn rep

idk... seems like they copied OTS to me and made them p2w to play.

genius idea for the stock holders but its gross knowing what Cipsoft Tibia use to be.
There are two types of tournament worlds for each tournament 1 with store items and 1 without store items. Its a players choice to be on a p2w tournament world. Every account is allowed 1 character on each type of tournament world.

Each tournament can have different rules on how to earn points and rank up. This is a first time they are releasing the feature expect it to expand and evolve. They already mentioned there will be tournaments that focus on first to complete quests, team/guilds, most quests completed, etc...

can i ask question? what if i kill someone at 3H 59M does it log me out? xD or did i find extra 15 min of exping?

You get kicked each day at the 4hr mark. You can be in the middle of a spawn, once 4hrs ends you get kicked.

Back