• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New era of oldschool servers?

Free release of the Cipsoft files. What do you think?

• This benefits the old school community

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • This is going to harm the oldschool community

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

realots player

Reaction score
Quote from RxRob owner of Realots and current owner of the real Cipsoft files:

http://realots.co/forum/showthread.php?158-Sorry-guys

The job i currently have has taken over my life. Life of a post graduate. Anyways I have decided ill give the whole realots server for free to the fans. It will include the whole data pack. Only downside is only the really dedicated players will understand it since its based on Linux.

This means everyone will be able to have the files regardless of his knowledge about programming, hosting. The stolen files are from the client 7.7 therefore the release of this files will only affect on old school servers which are online now.

What is your opinion about this possible action? Is this going to be a positive change to save the old school community or is it definitely going to kill it?

Last edited:
Fantastic news, the more oldschool servers are the more we will enjoy of REAL tibia

It will definitely benefit it as some people may put some effort and make good servers however unfortuntely there will be more download & run servers.

So, my little vision of oldschool. What is it - oldschool server? What make it? I think, not a gameplay and version features make this. Players, community, friends, memories - all of it, make Tibia - oldschool.
The game is created by people, not by Tibia version features. You always free to make Tibia 7.6 with mounts, and other features + graphics, auctions and etc. You can make any features on any server ver. (Replace sprites from 7.6 to 8.70 for example, or something else), but friendly, roleplay oldschool atmosphere can be created only by players, and no matter what version you use.
And.. show me really oldschool players now... Lots of players cant find NPC on 2 floor in building near depot in town... Lots of players dont understand lots of custom content, without signs and etc. Yes, you can tell - RL tibia is known, custom - not... But i answer you - You use tibiawiki, and etc etc etc. lots of players play long time on that map and you always free to ask help for quest or ways to town/quest/dungeon/hunting place and etc. Good, but, how i am play in Tibia from 3.1 ver. without any manuals, without any help and be a "first wave" of Tibian players? Heh, we play, we made a mistakes, we discover, we learn, we live in that world... We find new friends, we get to many fun in unknown world of Tibia. Our community create that atmosphere, we make it for self, and each guild, player, community of players can tell you their own nice old story... And now, we are nostalgy about that. But, guys, we always can create a new story, find a new adventures and friends, and after many years, we can say about that new story with nostalgy - that is oldschool! =)

kind regards.

Last edited:
I know RxRob was in the process of selling the RealOTS project.
I'm not entirely sure if that deal went threw.

Last night I messaged him seeing if he would donate or even possibility sell the project to me.
I manage 3 dedicated Linux servers that I would be willing to use one for RealOTS.
Anyways if that happens the community will be the first to know.
If he does release the project into the wild, that would be awesome too =)

hopefully he wont give it out, better to keep it unique and give it to someone close to him that actually can manage it

Back