• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Map Editor

If you want to follow the progress, here's the private svn repo: Subversion
Also, subscribe to the thread!

Do you have any idea of a timeline when we may see the first public release? Is there any way to get our hands on it and test it before? Just a few questions, very interested to see how this turns out.

Can't really say when... But here's a screenshot of how it looks like right now:
Screenshot with TFS current map (forgotten.otbm) with clean looks style (you can change to whatever style you want (Note: Only styles that are supported by Qt or own style (CSS)):
2znh8.png

Had to look at it 5 mins till I realized why it looks akward to me.. It's because you didnt add the client randomization of grounds (void) yet :/
Menu looks clean and great!

There's something that I would love to have in a map editor, stray tile location. Let's say you make something where you type in coordinates (x = 2000, y = 2000, z = 7) and it searches for tiles that are not grouped with others. I am not sure if you can make this, but taking mini map screen shots is what I need and random tiles can prevent that from happening.

Had to look at it 5 mins till I realized why it looks akward to me.. It's because you didnt add the client randomization of grounds (void) yet :/
Menu looks clean and great!

ahh! that what it was. I couldnt figure out why it looked funny. I thought the distro takes care of the randomize anyway so it shouldnt matter?

why is the SVN under otland privatesvn? that really sucks.

an idea;

Right click tile -> copy coordinates.
Right click on teleport -> properties -> paste coordinates.

I really hate having to memorize or write down coordinates.

Maybe
Right click (in some pos) create teleport, right click (in other pos) teleport destination

@Gldnbr
I dont think the properties step would be needed. Teleporters could automatically have "paste coordinates" when rightclicking.

Also my proposal is to make adding items to a chest easier. No long with Search item dialog, but you can just rightclick and the container menu will popup and you can still you the raw pallett and drag and drop items in there.

1) raise and lower ground brush (to make mountains or valleys)
2) make sure that the map outside of the canvas size is deleted. on RME if you have a map 1kx1k and resize to 500x500 the map past 500,500 is still kept.
3)A table of teleport location and destinations
ex.PNG

Back