• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows New Sprites in the RealOTS Map Editor

X X X

Newb
Reaction score
As the title suggests, I'm trying to add custom sprites to the RealOTS Map Editor (the one Yamaken posted here: [7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin) (https://otland.net/threads/7-7-realots-7-7-cipsoft-files-virgin.244562/page-8)).

I've added custom items many many times to other versions of Remeres, but I can't figure this out. This map editor only has 3 client options: 7.7, 8.0, and 8.1, and they all use the exact same items.otb from client version 8.0. It is also expecting the 8.0 spr and dat file no matter what map version you are working with.

For example, I'm trying to add custom items to a 7.7 map, but the map editor will only display up to item id 5089 (the final item ID in the .dat file in 7.7). Even if I go into the items.xml file and add additional items beyond 5089, the map editor just throws an error and won't load them, even though the items.otb file has those IDs, and the spr and dat files have those IDs.

Is this hard-coded into the RME.exe to only display 5089 item IDs if the map version is 7.7, or am I just doing something wrong?

Thank you

Back