• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Newbie Looking somewhere to start

Heatblade12

Reaction score
My goal is to Host a server and play it singleplayer. i am looking for a Vanilla Tibia experience, but solo.

My problem is, i am overwhelmed and intimidated by the massive about of tutorials, map packs, data packs ect, and i do not know where to begin! Help me out and point me the right direction please.

My goal is to Host a server and play it singleplayer. i am looking for a Vanilla Tibia experience, but solo.

My problem is, i am overwhelmed and intimidated by the massive about of tutorials, map packs, data packs ect, and i do not know where to begin! Help me out and point me the right direction please.

Mapping is something good to start on first
Scripting is good to start 2nd
Making sprites is 3rd good thing to do

I'd recommend you to start by downloading a server distro and trying to connect to it using your local ip, a really easy server to start if you know nothing would be 0.3.6pl1 since you do not need to install apache.
So, download the 0.3.6pl1 distro, open "the forgotten server.exe" (I think) open Tibia 8.54, open your IP changer and change it to 127.0.0.1 and connect using 1/1 , after that you can open config.lua and explore it.

Greets!

If I understod you right from Another thread or post, you'r already up with TFS 1.2, if this is the case, you'r doing it right, it's the best and latest distro, it's the future.
I know it can be messy at a start, if you managed to put up a server already you are doing well enough at this stage.

Are you looking for a real tibia map server to play "single-player" on or are you creating a map by yourself?

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Like the other guys said: Grab yourself a distro and try things out! There are alot of helpful people in out beloved community :)
Welcome to the world of Open Tibia!

Greets!

If I understod you right from Another thread or post, you'r already up with TFS 1.2, if this is the case, you'r doing it right, it's the best and latest distro, it's the future.
I know it can be messy at a start, if you managed to put up a server already you are doing well enough at this stage.

Are you looking for a real tibia map server to play "single-player" on or are you creating a map by yourself?

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

I got the server up, i got monsters, npcs ect. i figured out the GM mode and commands, i populated npcs, im just trying to figure out houses now.

right now im useing the map that came with TFS v1.2, i added a few things to it tho. (dragon pit, demon dungeon, dragon lord castle ect) XD

edit: what i would like is a way to populate all these empty chests, but there are so many to manage i dont think i will ever be able to do them all

Bump -

So far i was happy with my server, until i tried to get a friend join. i port forwarded ports 7171,7172, (both can be found open)

and my Config LUA file looks like this

Code:
ip = "ip used from (http://www.whatsmyip.org/)"
bindOnlyGlobalAddress = false
loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172
statusProtocolPort = 7171

I am using PHPMyAdmin (UniServer Zero XII)

Edit: we are on the same network since we are in the same house (im on a desktop, and he is on a wireless laptop)

he is able to get to his "Character select" screen after putting in his username and password, but once the world tries to load, it fails to connect.

edit 2: Hamachi is a temp fix

Last edited:
Back