• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

NFT Scams

Adposatnr

Excellent OT User
Reaction score
Another nft-based server is starting there will be probably more of them since its really easy to download & run one collect cash and do exit scam. My suggestion is to insta ban users and delete topics for advertising these servers.

these servers advertise themself as NFT and both them and whole NFT is a scam

these servers working like MLM and owner can do exit-scam anytime he want

Theres no way to create NFT tibia server which would survive on its own for longer than couple of days they're made to get quick bucks on download & run distro with minimal work

Lots of servers are scams including some of the big ones, just because these ones use new shiny up to date and modern words such as NFT and BLOCKCHAIN doesn't make them any more of a scam nor should it require any more moderation... OT is basically synonymous with scam.

Lots of servers are scams including some of the big ones, just because these ones use new shiny up to date and modern words such as NFT and BLOCKCHAIN doesn't make them any more of a scam nor should it require any more moderation... OT is basically synonymous with scam.
theres difference when u can buy stuff in shop like pacc, items and when u can/have to invest into some shitty coin to be able to play its like advertising MLM on otland which is illegal in europe for example

Could you mention any? And why do you consider OTS to be synonymous with scam? Just curious, thanks.

theres difference when u can buy stuff in shop like pacc, items and when u can/have to invest into some shitty coin to be able to play its like advertising MLM on otland which is illegal in europe for example
MLM is not illegal, you're on about pyramid schemes which are very similar.
NFT scam servers are not MLM nor are they pyramid, they are more like a ponzi scheme.

Yes they're scammy, but so are plenty of other servers. There's no difference just because we use different words and technology to scam someone, it's still a scam.

I'm not trying to defend the NFT servers but rather just trying to say there's no reasonable reason to ban NFT servers, it will do exactly nothing to combat scam ots because they will just move on to another type of scam and won't let the technology develop at all within otland.

these servers working like MLM and owner can do exit-scam anytime he want

Theres no way to create NFT tibia server which would survive on its own for longer than couple of days they're made to get quick bucks on download & run distro with minimal work
that's a completely wrong idea you have about nft/play2earn games...yea sure bad made tibia 7.4 copies that make you pay 250$ for a premium account with the promise of making 50$ for every 10k gold you farm is definetely a scam

but play2earn games have high compatibility with MMOs, and can survive for long term if the game is well made with a working in-game economy

MLM is not illegal, you're on about pyramid schemes which are very similar.
NFT scam servers are not MLM nor are they pyramid, they are more like a ponzi scheme.
they work similar to pyramid trying to convince people to invest into their shitty coin else it will have no value at all also anytime they can exit scam with all money

I'm not trying to defend the NFT servers but rather just trying to say there's no reasonable reason to ban NFT servers, it will do exactly nothing to combat scam ots because they will just move on to another type of scam and won't let the technology develop at all within otland.
do u want to tell me that its better to keep such scammers around otland just because if not by NFT they will scam people via other methods? rlly? xD

technology develop? yea for sure make it even easier to scam people right now they atleast have to make few things on their own
Post automatically merged:

that's a completely wrong idea you have about nft/play2earn games...yea sure bad made tibia 7.4 copies that make you pay 250$ for a premium account with the promise of making 50$ for every 10k gold you farm is definetely a scam

but play2earn games have high compatibility with MMOs, and can survive for long term if the game is well made with a working in-game economy
it might work with some mmo games but definitely not in tibia they would be forced to change a lot of stuff making ot almost unplayable

they work similar to pyramid trying to convince people to invest into their shitty coin else it will have no value at all also anytime they can exit scam with all money

do u want to tell me that its better to keep such scammers around otland just because if not by NFT they will scam people via other methods? rlly? xD

technology develop? yea for sure make it even easier to scam people right now they atleast have to make few things on their own
so, servers owners are opening servers making people buy in shop and spend money just to reset or close the server right after, to make a new one and repeat the milking..the solution is ban all otservers related stuff?

no right, since the ones that work and are serious made would be banned as well

it might work with some mmo games but definitely not in tibia they would be forced to change a lot of stuff making ot almost unplayable

I Don't agree, current global tibia TC works almost like Crypto games should work, if you consider the game black market of people trading tibia coins for money.

you can get some earning by playing and you can invest into the game to make your character stronger.

you can even buy characters that are already strong to be able to farm more

so, servers owners are opening servers making people buy in shop and spend money just to reset or close the server right after, to make a new one and repeat the milking..the solution is ban all otservers related stuff?

no right, since the ones that work and are serious made would be banned as well
im not talking about regular servers but those which want to be "NFT" or any "coin" based

I Don't agree, current global tibia TC works almost like Crypto games should work, if you consider the game black market of people trading tibia coins for money.

you can get some earning by playing and you can invest into the game to make your character stronger.

you can even buy characters that are already strong to be able to farm more
TC is working like that because tibia is popular game and its easier for venezuelans to pay or receive money with tibia coins it is stable aswell

you just described a ponzi scheme, again.. not pyramid scheme. google their definitions, lol.

no i dont want to tell you that, i want to tell you what i said, which is why i said it and is still up there, read it again if you are confused.

yes "technology develop". NFT is not an inherent scam.

im not talking about regular servers but those which want to be "NFT" or any "coin" based

TC is working like that because tibia is popular game and its easier for venezuelans to pay or receive money with tibia coins it is stable aswell
that's the whole point, if the game is good enough and you have things to do on it, and make people wanna put money into the game to get stronger...that's how you make it work...

as I said before...just the promise or possibility of earning money isn't enough, and that's why those tibia 7.4 trash copies won't work.

doesn't mean another NFT tibia that is good enough won't pop up in the future, and this last point is the reason it shouldn't be banned.

you just described a ponzi scheme, again.. not pyramid scheme. google their definitions, lol.
both are scams it doesnt matter if its ponzi or pyramid scheme whole point is that this is a scam

no i dont want to tell you that, i want to tell you what i said, which is why i said it and is still up there, read it again if you are confused.

yes "technology develop". NFT is not an inherent scam.
so for what u want to use such technology in open tibia?

that's the whole point, if the game is good enough and you have things to do on it, and make people wanna put money into the game to get stronger...that's how you make it work...

as I said before...just the promise or possibility of earning money isn't enough, and that's why those tibia 7.4 trash copies won't work.

doesn't mean another NFT tibia that is good enough won't pop up in the future, and this last point is the reason it shouldn't be banned.
tibia coins work SIMILAR to crypto and only in black market theres high risk of getting scammed

to make working nft ots would require a lot of changes to core gameplay and even then it probably gonna last for couple of weeks at best on top of that it would make such server almost unplayable due to limits and nerfs

tibia coins work SIMILAR to crypto and only in black market theres high risk of getting scammed

to make working nft ots would require a lot of changes to core gameplay and even then it probably gonna last for couple of weeks at best on top of that it would make such server almost unplayable due to limits and nerfs
you are completely wrong, you need to think outside the box

stop thinking about forced investment, and farming gold only to trade for tokens and recover your investment(then maybe profit someday), sure if you copy NFT scams games model (like crypto cars, bomb crypto and shit like that) the ot will be doomed from the start just like those ponzi games...

but if you take as example the Mir4 play2earn model is completely different and the game is alive for months and have no signal of dying.
(and yes its possible to make something similar with tibia)

and even the mir4 model isn't perfect and could be improved...all the things above can work with an tibia otserver

no limitations or nerfs would be needed because the economic model isn't the same as you are thinking

stop thinking about forced investment, and farming gold only for trading for tokens, sure if you copy NFT scams games model (like crypto cars, bomb crypto and shit like that) the ot will be doomed just like those scams...

but if you take as example the Mir4 play2earn model is completely different and the game is alive for months and have no signal of dying.
(and yes its possible to make something similar with tibia)

and even the mir4 model isn't perfect and could be improved...all the things above can work with an tibia otserver

no limitations or nerfs would be needed because the economic model isn't the same as you are thinking
7.4 content + venezuelans means in few days coin will become worthless to a point where spending similar amount of time on normal server and selling stuff on black market will be better profit

mir4... filled with bots and barely worth since long time probably at this point u spent more on electricity than earn and thats since couple of months

7.4 content + venezuelans means in few days coin will become worthless to a point where spending similar amount of time on normal server and selling stuff on black market will be better profit

mir4... filled with bots and barely worth since long time probably at this point u spent more on electricity than earn and thats since couple of months
Yea 7.4 content isn't good for a crypto game, I agree and have been saying that the whole discussion, don't get your point.

about mir4, the game is alive and well with thousands of players, the coins isn't worth much and its not worth mining draco for profit, but there are many other ways to earn in the game...and as I said even mira model could be improved.

the game company take a cut too big, since most their cash shop items you can only buy with credit card, and the crypto isn't used.

and my point isn't if you will be able to farm $1k/month playing the game or not, but the game is alive with many people playing and having fun, that's a fact...some of them are earning as well.

Back