• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Nostalrius vs OtHire?

Nostalrius, OTHire is old, filled with bugs, it's not accurate, not an accurate copy of the real thing, Nostalrius is updated, TFS 1.2, most scripts are compatbiel, OTHire is only OTServ, it's old.
In Nostalrius, you've everything you need to launch a 7.7 Tibia game server with every bug, NPC, monster, absolutely everything!

P.S: I released OTHire a long time ago and dropped it once I started working in Nostalrius.

i think if you want to use or create something more customizable you should go with othire or tfs 0.4
nostarlius is good asf but will be hard if you don't know what to do in every file im takking about add npc task system or add items etc

What is the best?
What you want to do?

If you want to run it as it is Nostarius is far better, with newer code, but it's not a default otserv, you can't add new features to NPCs like tasks, or add already made map pieces because it's using totally different ids.

Regarding main features Ezzz point out distinguish Nostalrius from other servers, they are already present in OTHire since long ago
Monsters A.I
  • Retargeting system based on 4 different strategies
  • You are able to corner distance fighting monsters, such as Amazons and Warlocks, you're incapable of doing so in TFS and other OTS
  • Monsters reaching closest path to target
  • Monsters ability casting accurate to CipSoft
Formulas
  • Spells and runes using 7.7 true formulas
  • Condition system working as CipSoft, poison, burning, electrify, the ticks and formulas are 1/1 to the real thing

These are the most notable changes compared to OTS and are the most expensive in terms of $ as well

In bold are the thing you can already find in OTHire, it's missing Envenon/Soulfire/Berserk/Poison Storm formulas yet, but others are actually more precise than Nostalrius, that has wrong formulas for attack spells/runes and low level character and knights will do less damage than they should. You can test that on any server running the real files and compare with it, like shotting HMM with a low level character.

It's also has some other shit that you can only find in Nostalrius, like correct shield mechanics for monsters and players.

OTHire has it bugs, but it's not filled with bugs at all, some servers already run it with hundred of players online for months and success, it's stable and does the job.

What you want to do?

If you want to run it as it is Nostarius is far better, with newer code, but it's not a default otserv, you can't add new features to NPCs like tasks, or add already made map pieces because it's using totally different ids.

Regarding main features Ezzz point out distinguish Nostalrius from other servers, they are already present in OTHire since long ago

In bold are the thing you can already find in OTHire, it's missing Envenon/Soulfire/Berserk/Poison Storm formulas yet, but they are actually more precise than Nostalrius, it has wrong formulas for attack spells/runes and low level character and knights will do less damage than they should. You can test that on any server running the real files and compare with it, like shotting HMM with a low level character.

OTHire has it bugs, but it's not filled with bugs at all, some servers already run it with hundred of players online for months and success, it's stable and does the job.

OTHire is not accurate on ANYTHING, not even Monsters A.I or path finding, or even monsters cornering, not even formulas or soulfire or evenom runes as you say, Nostalrius is accurate to this, compare to TibiaCams and to experimental RealOTS, so please, your statements are like an insult to my skills.

You're so wrong in so many levels it's ridiculous, you go ahead and test it on experimental realots server, your nonsense is ridiculous too.
I don't even have anything to say towards your statements, it's just plain ridiculous.

P.S: You can make everything on CipSoft NPCs including task npc, whoever says the opposite is an ignorant. And I'm out from this discussion.

P.S: You won't get a max hit of 9 from a rat on OTHire, but you will on Nostalrius (true formulas), wearing only a wooden shield, a jacket, a club and two rats attacking you.

Also have to add, OTHire is lacking every true unique 7.7 quest, because that server is not based on CipSoft files, it's made from scratch using raw LUA, and you're up to find errors and bugs, meanwhile on Nostalrius you're assured a 100% uptime with no crashes or bugs whatsoever.

OTHire is not accurate on ANYTHING, not even Monsters A.I or path finding, or even monsters cornering, not even formulas or soulfire or evenom runes as you say, Nostalrius is accurate to this, compare to TibiaCams and to experimental RealOTS, so please, your statements are like an insult to my skills.

You're so wrong in so many levels it's ridiculous, you go ahead and test it on experimental realots server, your nonsense is ridiculous too.
I don't even have anything to say towards your statements, it's just plain ridiculous.

P.S: You can make everything on CipSoft NPCs including task npc, whoever says the opposite is an ignorant. And I'm out from this discussion.

I'm saying Soulfire and Evenom formulas are wrong in OTHire. But you can get Light Magic Missile as exemple, a level 27 paladin with magic level 8, regarding Nostalrius formulas should shot for 7-15 damage, but I just logged in real 7.7 server shotting LMMs for 10-20 damage (as you can do in OTHire). Regarding cornering monsters, i.e., you can just run OTHire and see for yourself, it's there, for like 6 months already. Have you even following what was done with OTHire or just doing claims based on memories from it from when you left?

P.S: You won't get a max hit of 9 from a rat on OTHire, but you will on Nostalrius (true formulas), wearing only a wooden shield, a jacket, a club and two rats attacking you.
That's exactly the max hit of a rat in OTHire, but neither in real server/Nostalrius/OTHire it will hit 9 if you are wearing any piece of armor, since minimum amount of reduction 1 armor point will give is 1.

Last edited:

Also have to add, OTHire is lacking every true unique 7.7 quest, because that server is not based on CipSoft files, it's made from scratch using raw LUA, and you're up to find errors and bugs, meanwhile on Nostalrius you're assured a 100% uptime with no crashes or bugs whatsoever.
maybe you miss understood peonso he 's just saying tha if he want to customize the ot would be easier iwht othire
you are right related to npcs but people without knowlegde (like me ) won't be able to create a task npc or add some new features ( in my case ) new items, i know i can add them manually but its tedius u.u

I'm saying Soulfire and Evenom formulas are wrong in OTHire. But you can get Light Magic Missile as exemple, a level 27 paladin with magic level 8, regarding Nostalrius formulas should shot for 7-15 damage, but I just logged in real 7.7 server shotting LMMs for 10-20 damage. Regarding cornering monsters, i.e., you can just run OTHire and see for yourself, it's there, for like 6 months already.
can you post the commits please? i want to add them to otx

maybe you miss understood peonso he 's just saying tha if he want to customize the ot would be easier iwht othire
you are right related to npcs but people without knowlegde (like me ) won't be able to create a task npc or add some new features ( in my case ) new items, i know i can add them manually but its tedius u.u

To make a task NPC all you have to do is use storage values, it's simple, NPCs structure is a syntax tree that works the same way you would code something in LUA. A condition and an action, profit.

What you want to do?

In bold are the thing you can already find in OTHire, it's missing Envenon/Soulfire/Berserk/Poison Storm formulas yet, but others are actually more precise than Nostalrius, that has wrong formulas for attack spells/runes and low level character and knights will do less damage than they should. You can test that on any server running the real files and compare with it, like shotting HMM with a low level character.

It's also has some other shit that you can only find in Nostalrius, like correct shield mechanics for monsters and players.

it's very simple to create a task npc using the original NPCs, i did

To make a task NPC all you have to do is use storage values, it's simple, NPCs structure is a syntax tree that works the same way you would code something in LUA. A condition and an action, profit.
it's very simple to create a task npc using the original NPCs, i did
My example was wrong, but my point is that you are "limited" by this new interface, if you are saying you can do all the same stuff than you can do default otserv options, better.

But just another example of inaccuracy of your present code, when you shot a area spell, damage is being calculated for each target it hits, dealing different hits, with a GFB on real server and on OTHire, that's impossible, a single cast of GFB will deal the same damage to all targets, go check some TibiaCams.

My example was wrong, but my point is that you are "limited" by this new interface, if you are saying you can do all the same stuff than you can do default otserv options, better.

But just another example of inaccuracy of your present code, when you shot a area spell, damage is being calculated for each target it hits, dealing different hits, with a GFB on real server and on OTHire, that's impossible, a single cast of GFB will deal the same damage to all targets, go check some TibiaCams.

You aren't limited at all with this interface, you can make absolutely anything you want, that's the power of syntax trees, even delayed events can be added and executed by adding another interface of built in functions such as moveuse which interact the same way in the game world, your statements are invalid.

Bruh, just copy the values and set the formulas the way you want.. Don't expect Ezzz to do it for you. He released this on his own priorities, not yours.. get over it.

Bruh, just copy the values and set the formulas the way you want.. Don't expect Ezzz to do it for you. He released this on his own priorities, not yours.. get over it.
Do what for me? What you even talking about? I was answering OP regarding which server is better, and in my point of view it depends on what you are doing, OTHire is compatible with default otserv stuff while Nostalrius isn't. Ezzz made false claims regarding accuracy of his last release and problems with OTHire.

Do what for me? What you even talking about? I was answering OP regarding which server is better, and in my point of view it depends on what you are doing, OTHire is compatible with default otserv stuff while Nostalrius isn't. Ezzz made false claims regarding accuracy of his last release and problems with OTHire.

You're wrong on almost everything you've said.
Nostalrius is a thousand times better than OTHire, everyone should opt out of OTHire and move everything to Nostalrius, TFS is the future, code is better, it's more stable, it's cleaner, more optimized, etc ... OTHire is just plain trash, that's why I dropped it once I released it, it is just bad.

You're wrong on almost everything you've said.
Nostalrius is a thousand times better than OTHire, everyone should opt out of OTHire and move everything to Nostalrius, TFS is the future, code is better, it's more stable, it's cleaner, more optimized, etc ... OTHire is just plain trash, that's why I dropped it once I released it, it is just bad.
Wrong in what?

Nostalrius is a great project and I believe its future is brighter than OTHire's, but come on guys, be serious, OTHire for sure is not that bad as you try to write it.
It has plenty of bugs, but not ones that you try to point...
And Peonso is right too, some of the Nostalrius things are wrong too. Don't take it as an attack, because it's not meant to be, but like, really, you cannot say that "it's flawless", when we can see it has some flaws.
It's not clear what to use in this very moment.
@LoL-Up if you don't know how to code, I'd advise using OTHire just because there are more people willing to help on this repository (it's just older...).

Nostalrius is a great project and I believe its future is brighter than OTHire's, but come on guys, be serious, OTHire for sure is not that bad as you try to write it.
It has plenty of bugs, but not ones that you try to point...
And Peonso is right too, some of the Nostalrius things are wrong too. Don't take it as an attack, because it's not meant to be, but like, really, you cannot say that "it's flawless", when we can see it has some flaws.
It's not clear what to use in this very moment.
@LoL-Up if you don't know how to code, I'd advise using OTHire just because there are more people willing to help on this repository (it's just older...).
If you post errors on nostalrius repo I can also help, and yeah, new tfs code is better and you should look for it, I dont know if there is something wrong with the replica 7.7 datapack cus I dont remember how it was but its still a better option.

Back