• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Nostalrius vs OtHire?

You were asking for problems, those things are not implemented (in OTHire they are though :rolleyes:).
so you say this 3 points arent implemented on nostalrius? are you sure?
I would love to do a 1:1 test with the released files by toor but I never tried to run that server.

Last edited:
If there is interest in testing Nostalrius files then I have a compiled live server that has not been changed. If there is interest in testing different things then write a private message and I will give you more information.

anyway @Peonso @Ezzz its useless fight against who claims to have the better engine, personaly both engine's are good but both lack of tool's engine etc. i tested both, nostalrius works pretty good but it lack of so many tools and features, OTH was workin good.. but it lack of features and for someone that doesn't know anything related to programmig its a pain in the ass to add new features i always compare functions tools etc. in short words if u want a copy of tibia 772 just run nostalrius if you want to customize it use otx, tfs 0.4 oor othire
anyway othire and nostarlius are insane work.
also its the only engine that has support
i'll go by oth
GOOD LUCK MATE

let me know if understood
- Ezz developed OTHire based on an old branch from OpenTibia, and he did stable
- Ezz abandoned OTHire for start a hard reverse engineering to work with the stolen cipsoft files, that project would be based on recent TFS (which it would means better perfomance compared to older distros starting from that), which called Nostalrius
- Peonso took the OTHire project, aparently he knows alot about old tibia and managed to add what was missing on OTHire, keeping stability and not adding many things like OTX did, also received some help from others (feedback and PR's).
- After around 3 years Ezz could finish Nostalrius, an advanced server which fits perfectly to stolen cipsoft files and is up to date to more recent version of TFS

Now Ezz and Peonso are fighting about which server is better? What?! Both servers are good, of course...
OTHire probably could have some missing features, but compared to stability and projection to the future is under Nostalrius, also Nostalrius is an open project, which means that those missing features who Peonso mentioned could be added some day

This is just like the old fight when TFS 1.0 was released, pro developers were saying everywhere "drop everything related to 0.x, that's a $"#$"#$ sh*t" but at the end of the day the people kept using 0.x. So that rage developers after some months finally accepted TFS 0.x and people is still using it. What's the problem on choose between OTHire and Nostalrius at all? Is not hoster choice in the end?

peace

Last edited:
I'm not fighting for who is better, Nostalrius is clearly better. I'm just saying OTHire is not garbage and still has it's niche since it works with default otserv stuff. Also, as all Ezzz iterations of "perfect RealOTs replica", it's not fail proof. So in the end, what is best depends from who you are and what you want to do.

Get @Extrodus as example, he can't even fix the AAC or compile the map editor for Nostalrius, his 7.72 server will be the same as all other 7.72 servers based on Nostalrius. Nostalrius does come with complete real map data though, with OTHire you are fucked up trying to get a datapack and try to fix everything by yourself.

Last edited:
What you want to do?

If you want to run it as it is Nostarius is far better, with newer code, but it's not a default otserv, you can't add new features to NPCs like tasks, or add already made map pieces because it's using totally different ids.

Like Peonso said, you guys cant compare it, depends what you want to do, OTHire is the most clean server ive ever seen to ppl start your own custom projects, it work perfectly adding new items, new sprites, new scripts, etc. If you are looking for a default server to start your project, othire is the best.

What you want to do?

If you want to run it as it is Nostarius is far better, with newer code, but it's not a default otserv, you can't add new features to NPCs like tasks, or add already made map pieces because it's using totally different ids.

Regarding main features Ezzz point out distinguish Nostalrius from other servers, they are already present in OTHire since long ago

In bold are the thing you can already find in OTHire, it's missing Envenon/Soulfire/Berserk/Poison Storm formulas yet, but others are actually more precise than Nostalrius, that has wrong formulas for attack spells/runes and low level character and knights will do less damage than they should. You can test that on any server running the real files and compare with it, like shotting HMM with a low level character.

It's also has some other shit that you can only find in Nostalrius, like correct shield mechanics for monsters and players.

OTHire has it bugs, but it's not filled with bugs at all, some servers already run it with hundred of players online for months and success, it's stable and does the job.
Where do I find the monster AI and retarget strategies bro?
And corner monsters too
@Peonso

Back