• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient "Nothing special" produce light

Sizaro

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
coldensjo
Hello, been a while since I made a thread on this forum.

I wanna make an item, specifically "nothing special" (a transparent tile) that produces light. Sort of like a torch but without the actual torch.
I've been trying to make one with the ItemEditor but it doesn't seem to produce any light while ingame.

ItemEditor_kvV4ijcLHg.png

Does anyone know how to do this?

sizara_dx_ZtQi5bLCyK.png

requires that info in client spr/dat

lights for items are fully client sided, your only alternative is placing a hidden monster with creature light

requires that info in client spr/dat

lights for items are fully client sided, your only alternative is placing a hidden monster with creature light

How would I go about doing that in .dat and .spr? Nothing special is nothing, it doesn't have a sprite. No?

How would I go about doing that in .dat and .spr? Nothing special is nothing, it doesn't have a sprite. No?

the item id 1587 has an empty sprite of some specific client id
if you can create another clientid with same sprite and give it light attributes, items with that clientid will glow

try object builder.

First open item editor, after open object builder.

Edit item in object builder like you want, save it /compile.

and after in itemseditor change to the same item so same stats, save compile.

Later can reopen both again and see if changes are done, and try it :)

Mostly as you change some item stats, you shoud do it in both, object builder and itemeditor

I managed to make it work, but not without a sprite. ObjectBuilder doesn't seem to save correctly when I remove the sprites, I don't know. This isn't that important and I don't know how much time I want to put on this small thing.

1648776862133.png
Post automatically merged:

Made a new 32x32 transparent .png file and imported it into ObjectBuilder and replaced the light with that. Now it works perfectly :)

1648777624885.png
Post automatically merged:

Pretty cool imo :D

1648778266229.png
1648778461495.png

Last edited:
Back