• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtLand Now and the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is now over five years since OtLand was launched (fifth birthday was at 27th May, 2012), and we're still growing despite what may be happening to other OpenTibia websites. There is no reason for us to stop.

Today we have updated the forum software, some of our own plugins and the search engine. Some significant changes are:

• Activity stream
  • Notification when receiving reputation
  • Reputation comments tab in user profiles
  • Double post prevention (posts will be merged if 24 hours haven't passed)

There are also many projects we should be looking forward to this year, the most promising one being otclient. This client will revolutionize OpenTibia and lift all the client-sided limits we have today, but it is not quite finished yet so I will let edubart announce otclient at a later time when it needs more public attention.

There will definitely be a full version release of The Forgotten Server 0.3.7 this year, and for those with stability in focus there will also be updates on to The Forgotten Server 0.2.

Other projects are still in a too early development stage to even be mentioned yet, but there's more being developed behind the scenes.

Kind regards,
OtLand Staff

It's good to have the double post prevention, will help for when us moderators are busy.
Loving the reputation notification, although I noticed that when you receive reputation you aren't notified who by unless they write it.

Never the less, great update.

"lol you got notified"
Who dared to rep me?! I agree with Peroxide, would be nice if you could see who did it, this time I have my suspictions though.

Thanksgiving
Otland, I love you. Want to merry me? I indeed hope too to see lot's of upcomming OTs this year. Atleast ONE very good custom OT. I also enjoy to see this kind of updates. It keeps the community beeiing alive, because people will keep communication to each other. I am looking forward to the client and TFS updates. I am also hoping for more "community" input, like more basic scripts (which could be added to the client), more tutorials, etc.

My input
I can promise me and RenzoTM will work our asses off on a great monsterpackage, I will support Zisly his project and builing a start for a way to add npcs on an easier way to their servers (see link below).

Feature ideas:
-Ability to send somebody a notification if you want somebody to read what you've posted. You will be able to do that if you tag somebody his name. You should also be able to block somebody doing that, if you don't want him to spamm you the whole time. Also keep in mind a player shouldn't be able to do this to everybody of the community and to only ones for x time. Edit: mayby only make able to send notifications if the people are friends?
-Ability to get a notification if somebody replies on your thread/post somewhere.
-Mods should take more care of finding scripts which could be added to make TFS easier to use.
-Follow thread function (and stop following thread). If you want to receive a notification if you want to keep up to date of what's communicated on a certain thread, you are able to do so.

Last edited:
Feature ideas:
-Ability to get a notification if somebody replies on your thread/post somewhere.
-Mods should take more care of finding scripts which could be added to make TFS easier to use.
-Follow thread function (and stop following thread). If you want to receive a notification if you want to keep up to date of what's communicated on a certain thread, you are able to do so.

1) See 3
2) Explain please
3) Already exists under the name of "Subscribe", on the top of each thread you have a Thread Tools menu, you can subscribe to it and choose how you want to be notified(CP Only, Instant, Daily, etc..)

First and third point
Oh lol. One and three are the same ideas as you probably noticed XD. About those points, I didn't really know it excisted. Mayby a button like this straight under the title will be better than.
Edit: question about that. Receiving it by mail, means I will just get a nodification right? Dont want my email to get spammed :p.

Second point
About the second point, there are quite a large amount of actions/movements/npcs/etc. made by scripters and shared for this community. However those threads mostly needs to get bumped to make sure people will see it and after all be able to use. I don't know which options there really are to improve things like this (except the sticky function on threads and the search function) to make sure people can find what they need. That's why I would like to see more samples work which have been created by people from otland, checked for bugs and if lot's of people needs it, added to the distro. Hope I made it clear now?

This looks awesome! Personally I'm dying to see otclient polished off!
Also great changes with the forum, I'm so glad to see reply notifications implemented. <3

Red

Last edited:
Looking forward to the otclient!
I miss the stuff we had in the old days
for example; extreme fast attack and non-stacking floating damage numbers

First and third point
Oh lol. One and three are the same ideas as you probably noticed XD. About those points, I didn't really know it excisted. Mayby a button like this straight under the title will be better than.
Edit: question about that. Receiving it by mail, means I will just get a nodification right? Dont want my email to get spammed :p.
You will get a new email per new post, but if for example 2 people post without you looking at the thread, then you wont receive another notification until you see it
Example:
You post and subscribe
I post, you get email
You see
Person X posts, you get email
Person Y posts, you wont get email because you didnt saw the thread yet

Second point
About the second point, there are quite a large amount of actions/movements/npcs/etc. made by scripters and shared for this community. However those threads mostly needs to get bumped to make sure people will see it and after all be able to use. I don't know which options there really are to improve things like this (except the sticky function on threads and the search function) to make sure people can find what they need. That's why I would like to see more samples work which have been created by people from otland, checked for bugs and if lot's of people needs it, added to the distro. Hope I made it clear now?
I see what you mean, checking which scripts actually work in TFS and at what versions they work and update those stickies
Its certainly something that I have already thought, but there are WAY too many scripts for me to check during my school days, it would take forever
However, if I get people that'll help me checking the scripts out, I'll totally do it during the Summer :)

This looks awesome! Personally I'm dying to see otclient polished off!
Also great changes with the forum, I'm so glad to see reply notifications implemented. <3

Red
Totally, can't wait to see otclient awesomeness :D

71946287.jpg

If its MY activity why does it show others activity? They are NOT me :peace:

71946287.jpg

If its MY activity why does it show others activity? They are NOT me :peace:

You have selected "All", it shows your friends too. Select Vendeliko and you'll only see your activity.

Can you add that it shows yours first? Cuz that would be easier ^_^

I'm still doubting the merge thing. Yes it's easier for moderators but I was already busy preparing a pretty big tutorial and I'm gonna use a table of content to get people through it easier but now, with the merge, it's a bit fucked up.
So I'd have to wait 24 hours to get myself a new post for a new part of the tutorial. Unless you suggest something different.

None the less a great update, especialy the OTclient : D

I'm still doubting the merge thing. Yes it's easier for moderators but I was already busy preparing a pretty big tutorial and I'm gonna use a table of content to get people through it easier but now, with the merge, it's a bit fucked up.
So I'd have to wait 24 hours to get myself a new post for a new part of the tutorial. Unless you suggest something different.

None the less a great update, especialy the OTclient : D

A solution for this is simply disable the auto merge if the post above has reached maximum amount of chacacters :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back