• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtLand Now and the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is now over five years since OtLand was launched (fifth birthday was at 27th May, 2012), and we're still growing despite what may be happening to other OpenTibia websites. There is no reason for us to stop.

Today we have updated the forum software, some of our own plugins and the search engine. Some significant changes are:

• Activity stream
  • Notification when receiving reputation
  • Reputation comments tab in user profiles
  • Double post prevention (posts will be merged if 24 hours haven't passed)

There are also many projects we should be looking forward to this year, the most promising one being otclient. This client will revolutionize OpenTibia and lift all the client-sided limits we have today, but it is not quite finished yet so I will let edubart announce otclient at a later time when it needs more public attention.

There will definitely be a full version release of The Forgotten Server 0.3.7 this year, and for those with stability in focus there will also be updates on to The Forgotten Server 0.2.

Other projects are still in a too early development stage to even be mentioned yet, but there's more being developed behind the scenes.

Kind regards,
OtLand Staff

if you want to do that, just have someone post between your posts, then ask a moderator to delete that person posts, that way yours will all be followed and you can index them thru links

its kinda cheating the system, but should work :)

if you want to do that, just have someone post between your posts, then ask a moderator to delete that person posts, that way yours will all be followed and you can index them thru links

Isn't that harder for mods than just merging unnecessary double posts....?

not really, the double post merger is a blessing and there are almost no circumstance that justify having multiple double posts, that one is one of them

If Luffy needs help with that I can do it, just msg me :p

not really, the double post merger is a blessing and there are almost no circumstance that justify having multiple double posts, that one is one of them
Other than us having to PM/VM you and wait for an answer then someone posts in your thread then you mods delete etc etc etc exactly what luffy said.

Just wow

=

8j3E_k.png

The internal structure of this client and the current tibia one is most likely totally different, so if it is possible to have bots in it, they'd have to be remade from scratch for this client

What interests me the most in this new client is the plugins(epic!) and the fact that we are 1 step closer to being totally Cipsoft free, when this client is running at 100%, the only thing left for us to be completelly 100% free from Cipsoft possible legal stuff is the sprites

We should totally start some sort of initiative to get different sprites for everything in tibia!!

Yeah well.. I am not really favor of creating a whole new game (if every sprite have to be edited, it will simply result into a total new game, same goes for gameplay and so on). Further it should really be great if we can get botfree ots back. Then their will finally be normal wars, where skills will be needed for and a better balance of levels. Great work!

It wouldn't have to be a different game
It would just look different, the game mechanics and everything else would be exactly the same

Very Najs, I leik! Congrats Talenturen for making this webpage a success and keeping it in check! +1 interwebs for you!

I've been away for some while and its good to hear that Otland its still growing up. The Tibia client its an amazing idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back