• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Noxz's Thread

Golden_Newspaper.gif
Yellowhat's Super Review
Golden_Newspaper.gif

5Ca0S.png

Shading Techniques
-Dithering
Clusters
AA

Shading
This is what most people have a hard time with, so do I.
Tibia already has the light source set up for you,

rPAlVQ.png

So when you come to the specific shading, you will always have it lighter up at the head and shoulders. Rest should be darker.
Some exception goes to knees, and "tibia" legs and feet. Also hands.

Where your shading doesn't seem quite right is at lower part of arms, abs and at the left side of the body, they all should be slightly darker.

-Dithering
I also realized you tend to reach for a pillow shading wich isn't anything you should go for unless you know what you're doing!

Dithering is the same as a gradient, what you try to achive with your current shading technique.
But with dithering you'll achive more texture and less pillowshades.

Examples of pillowshading vs dither;
BmKTST.jpg

Examples of dithering;
ditherreduxgif.gif

Clusters
are basicly pixels that have gone wrong, misplaced and not taken care of.
You don't have much of those, maybe at the left side tumb.

AA
Anti-Aliasing is also a hard part when coming to tibia sprites, since we always use a black outline in our sprites.
Therefor its crucial to have this right. Look at the right side of the head. There is some lines which could improved and make "smoother" which is the meaning of AA. You need to learn this on your own if its a light color that goes better here or a dark color that goes better there.

Hope this helped you my friend and maybe someone else :)

Santa_Teddy.gif
Happy Spriting!
Santa_Teddy.gif

WZ0qRnL.png

Noxiz bored at work :x
Since i cant map here atleast i can sprite xd.

This wood texture is too bright for me. Looks more like marble floor than wooden parts.

Back