• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[NPC] All npc's failed to load on console.

luke55

Reaction score
hello other players,

4GpW.png

All the npc files and lua's are there... :/

DCrMf.png

And

the normal npc files are there,

Can anyone help on this situation?

P.S: Ignore my other threads they have been solved, just this one needs fixing.

check folder names and stuff like that cuz the way it is the console can't find the specified folders/files, usually that happens when names are messed up

check folder names and stuff like that cuz the way it is the console can't find the specified folders/files, usually that happens when names are messed up

I just looked at console and it says its trying to load from "Data/npc/scripts/data/npc/scripts/FILENAME.lua" but I don't know how to fix it...

zsm53.png

Open a NPC xml file, check the 2nd line.
It should be something like this:
Code:
<npc name="Promotions" [B]script="promotion.lua"[/B] walkinterval="2000" floorchange="0">
That means do NOT add \data\npc\scripts to it. It searches in the \scripts folder for it already.

It should be something like this:
Code:
<npc name="Promotions" [B]script="promotion.lua"[/B] walkinterval="2000" floorchange="0">
That means do NOT add \data\npc\scripts to it. It searches in the \scripts folder for it already.
I do not understand you there :p

t should be something like this:
Code:

This still didn't work...

llnGd.png

Ajk3.png

When i try to /s captain:
Markwin comes up on both:
rEES.png

When I fix markwin -
59wA.png

Last edited:
Now it found the script, but the libary files are corrupted/not there/whatever.
npc/scripts/lib/...
Something is wrong there.

I fixed it, but I kept getting more errors, I sent you a screen in PM's, but here it is again:
g4dVW.png

All npcs are like this x.x

What i mean maybe the data/npc and you look in them you see like that captain script=There is a small leter there but if you go data/npc/scripts you see there is BIG letters if you do not understand pm me ^_^

Either the lib files are not the ones you want (there are quite a lot different ones) or the npc script is just bad.
If you randomly inserted lib files from a random distro the first is most likely the case.

Back