• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

NPC/Monsters problem stands back not by face up

MalyFanek

Reaction score
Hello, as the title says i have a small problem and have no idea what fault can it be, so
The problem is that type, any npc with doesnt walk or monsters which is "as sample" to the tp exp place, is standing back not by face to check how it looks, what type of problem it can be?
Im using tfs 0,4 rev 3777, is it possible its fault of spr/dat? it load "back" of npc/monster than "face up"? If so how to fix it?

Solution
VH6WdO6X

Change direction in the map editor by right clicking and selecting properties.
Ok then looks like that i have wrong Map Editor cuz i forgot to mention its 8,6 client (or maybe there's no that option for that version and need to by done somehow else, i try to look for other editor) Cuz all i can change at creature properties is only spawn interv ;p

/Edit
Okay yah, had older map editor (as i said im fresh in making ots ;x first time tried editing maps ;p) Thx bro!
Now i just need to find some way to change their directions... i hope i wont gonna need to do it 1 by 1 XD

//Yeah well didnt helpd they anyway stand north than south ;x

Last edited:
Ok then looks like that i have wrong Map Editor cuz i forgot to mention its 8,6 client (or maybe there's no that option for that version and need to by done somehow else, i try to look for other editor) Cuz all i can change at creature properties is only spawn interv ;p

/Edit
Okay yah, had older map editor (as i said im fresh in making ots ;x first time tried editing maps ;p) Thx bro!
Now i just need to find some way to change their directions... i hope i wont gonna need to do it 1 by 1 XD
It shouldn't even take that long to do it 1 by 1 unless you have an absolutely enormous monster tp room.

/Edit

//Yeah well didnt helpd they anyway stand north than south ;x
0.4 doesn't read the direction attribute of the spawns file, you gotta add that in yourself.

Yea that isnt a problem, but the problem is their still stand north not south so i see all monster/npc from back and its pretty annoying... i even deleted from spawn.xml, added again and its still stands south XD Have no idea where to change it, tried to search at login.lua etc and cant find any tip what it can be

Yea that isnt a problem, but the problem is their still stand north not south so i see all monster/npc from back and its pretty annoying... i even deleted from spawn.xml, added again and its still stands south XD Have no idea where to change it, tried to search at login.lua etc and cant find any tip what it can be
I had similar problem with TFS 1.2 and RME 3.5, in my case some NPCs were facing direction set in map editor but few of them were looking down. Don't know how to fix this.

Ok so i cant get help, map editor doesnt help too so i though about fixing it in another way

I though about making a tile that npc / monster stands on it and changes it direction? Is it even possible?

Something like:

Code:
function onStepIn (cid, target)
local table = {
NPC / Monster name, what lookdir to set
}

But have no idea how this code might look;/

I want it to type to have less files and loads.

Cuz im already stupid do i have something in constant / lib / checked almost evrything and cant find a solution; x

So in shortcut i want something like, if monster/npc is on tile of pos XYZ he stands (not goes up/down) just turns around to north/sout etc

I normalnie idzie ocipiec bo wkurza mnie to ze wsio stoi do mnie plecami XD

Last edited:
Back