• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Official NightShine Online Custom RPG Discussion

I like the idea of slow RPG... where earning new spells through level means something. Low level PVP is some of the funnest because you are most vulnerable, along with everyone else. but I also like the idea of us testing the server first to see what feels right.
I agree, I like slower exp rpg. It'll also make it easier on you to keep up with content

Well guys I was going to make a flashy post and everything for vocations such as making some more videos of spells for each vocation but in my eyes that would be a waste of time because I still have plenty of work to do to get ready for the beta. Therefore I'll will just do a bit of explaining for each of the vocations so you can get a better idea of how they'll be in game and maybe help you decide which one you would want to play.
Vocations:
Sage - The sage is the first of 4 mage classes. The sage controls elements of fire and lightning and focus' primarily on the dps towards PVE with it's summon-able pyro companion. While still being very effective in PVP the sage's AOE spells make it greatly favored towards PVE.
Barbarian - The Barbarian is a mastermind of melee fighting. With the most superior melee fighting the Barbarian has the ability to dual wield one-handed weapons, use two-handed weapons, or use a one handed weapon and a shield to fight more defensively allowing him to become more of a team player through quests, hunts and many more aspects of the game.
Druid - The Druid is the master of nature. Druids have the option of summoning 2 out of it's 4 companions at one time. Whether it be the wolf to increase the players dps, the snake to increase the players aoe presence, the bear to increase the players chances of survival, or the raven to increase... Well the ravens a secret yet to be seen, the druid is a great pick for all aspects of the game, with such a balanced PVE and PVP presence.
Archer - The Archer ranges from having the possibility of the highest hits in the game to the lowest hits in the game. Although this comes out to be the same damage as other vocations on average, it can make some situations a bit easier while making others harder. The archer has the ability of changing it's arrows, with options like, frost arrows, or explosive arrows one suitable for PVP situations and one more suitable for PVE situations.
Rogue - The Rogue is the master of dual wield combat. Having a poor build making it hard to carry a shield, the Rogue has adapted to carrying more than one light one handed weapons to compensate for the lack of defense. The Rogue's decoy makes it easy to get out of harms way when it comes to monsters, and the Rogue's clone helps add more dps when needed.
Priest - The Priest is extremely useful for team play. With spells that can buff players, heal players health, heal players mana, or heal all party members that are arounds health. While being so supportive for other players and themselves, Priest's also have dps in PVP aswell as PVE so don't think they're an extremely hard grind as well.

Prophet -
The Prophet is a shadow mage with the element of death and darkness on it's side. The prophet has some abilities that are used in more skillful situations especially for PVP making them harder to use but much more useful.
Summoner - The Summoner is as it sounds. The summoner can have as many as 5 different summons at one time. They can bring back monsters from the dead to fight by their side or summon a skeleton or two.
Cerberus - The Cerberus or otherwise known as the "master of time" is a melee vocation that defies time itself. The Cerberus being quite possibly the hardest to use, but when mastered maybe the most useful.
Dark Ranger - The Dark ranger is a distance vocation that uses dark energy to fight either player or monster. Having arrows that can bring creatures back from the dead making him quite useful.

-Note: Yes I left a lot out, I don't have a ton of time to go in depth with every vocation, it would take too long when there's other areas I could spend my time. I'd love to show you guys all the spells but unfortunately you'll have to wait till the beta and for some till the actual release. Beta Announcement for the official release will be Friday.

Also guys I forgot to mention, there are quests throughout the map that it is 100% necessary that you need different vocations. It's not that it's not possible to kill the monsters within the quest, it's that it's impossible to advance to certain areas of certain quests without certain vocations.

Most interested in the Prophet/Cerebus vocations, sounds like the 2 most rewarding. Well hopefully I can snag a beta spot, would love to test this, keep up the good work@@

I would need to say the Cerberus Vocation sounds pretty nice i dunno why but its probably what i would pick :p
Cerberus - The Cerberus or otherwise known as the "master of time" is a melee vocation that defies time itself. The Cerberus being quite possibly the hardest to use, but when mastered maybe the most useful.

vocations looking really good :)

Just a tip: A lot of people using the dark background (me including) and the info of the vocs in black fond makes it look a bit sloppy. just using the same fond would make it look better :)

Well guys I was going to make a flashy post and everything for vocations such as making some more videos of spells for each vocation but in my eyes that would be a waste of time because I still have plenty of work to do to get ready for the beta. Therefore I'll will just do a bit of explaining for each of the vocations so you can get a better idea of how they'll be in game and maybe help you decide which one you would want to play.
Vocations:
Sage - The sage is the first of 4 mage classes. The sage controls elements of fire and lightning and focus' primarily on the dps towards PVE with it's summon-able pyro companion. While still being very effective in PVP the sage's AOE spells make it greatly favored towards PVE.
Barbarian - The Barbarian is a mastermind of melee fighting. With the most superior melee fighting the Barbarian has the ability to dual wield one-handed weapons, use two-handed weapons, or use a one handed weapon and a shield to fight more defensively allowing him to become more of a team player through quests, hunts and many more aspects of the game.
Druid - The Druid is the master of nature. Druids have the option of summoning 2 out of it's 4 companions at one time. Whether it be the wolf to increase the players dps, the snake to increase the players aoe presence, the bear to increase the players chances of survival, or the raven to increase... Well the ravens a secret yet to be seen, the druid is a great pick for all aspects of the game, with such a balanced PVE and PVP presence.
Archer - The Archer ranges from having the possibility of the highest hits in the game to the lowest hits in the game. Although this comes out to be the same damage as other vocations on average, it can make some situations a bit easier while making others harder. The archer has the ability of changing it's arrows, with options like, frost arrows, or explosive arrows one suitable for PVP situations and one more suitable for PVE situations.
Rogue - The Rogue is the master of dual wield combat. Having a poor build making it hard to carry a shield, the Rogue has adapted to carrying more than one light one handed weapons to compensate for the lack of defense. The Rogue's decoy makes it easy to get out of harms way when it comes to monsters, and the Rogue's clone helps add more dps when needed.
Priest - The Priest is extremely useful for team play. With spells that can buff players, heal players health, heal players mana, or heal all party members that are arounds health. While being so supportive for other players and themselves, Priest's also have dps in PVP aswell as PVE so don't think they're an extremely hard grind as well.

Prophet -
The Prophet is a shadow mage with the element of death and darkness on it's side. The prophet has some abilities that are used in more skillful situations especially for PVP making them harder to use but much more useful.
Summoner - The Summoner is as it sounds. The summoner can have as many as 5 different summons at one time. They can bring back monsters from the dead to fight by their side or summon a skeleton or two.
Dark Ranger - The Dark ranger is a distance vocation that uses dark energy to fight either player or monster. Having arrows that can bring creatures back from the dead making him quite useful.

-Note: Yes I left a lot out, I don't have a ton of time to go in depth with every vocation, it would take too long when there's other areas I could spend my time. I'd love to show you guys all the spells but unfortunately you'll have to wait till the beta and for some till the actual release. Beta Announcement for the official release will be Friday.
Wat does cerberus do? dark ranger from Warcraft 3 c: <3

*Dodge System*
Since I decided to make it so that way armor would actually be useful in this server, I decided there's no reason to have defense in this game if it's not going to be useful as well. What I have done is made a dodge system based on a custom formula that factors in a players defense. In the below video I will be showing you the system although it will not be accurate towards most players as there's more dodges than there would typically be.

been enoying my week so far, been going ham like its the weekend, came back to see all this stuff and you got me so hyped, cerebrus, and the rogue and the summoner all sound sick as fuck

Back