• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Official OtLand Mapping Contest] August Sign Up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Ayleid

Advanced OT User
Senator
Reaction score
62tGx.png

How do I sign up?
A poll has been made to allow you to sign up, simply select Sign Up to join, this contest has no limit on how many
participants there are, whoever doesn't submit is simply not shown on voting day thus being disqualified.
We have decided that allowing everyone to see who the competition is might inspire participants to make better pieces

Why should I enter?
To have fun of course, challenge yourself against other mappers here on OtLand. There is also a chance to win a donator subscription on OtLand.

How can I win the donator subscrition?
Win 3 Official OtLand Mapping Competitions (1 point per win), I will keep a record of winners and how many points they have.
When you win 3 Official OtLand Mapping Competitions, I will get in contact with Talaturen and let him know you have
3 points and would like to exchange them for your donator subscription.

Rules
(Can be changed at any time)

This month, we allow the participants to send up to 5 pictures to show different areas in their map (In-game/Map Editor)
The picture must be new and not already shown somewhere
No custom sprites
Do not discuss your piece with any other participant/member
The submitted piece must correspond with the set theme
Team mapping is not allowed
If you decide to submit an ingame picture, character names must be turned off. (Ctrl + N)If you sign up and don't send your contest map, then you will be banned from the next month competition!
If you notify the contest holder before the submission date you will be acquitted (not be banned) for the next contest.
http://otland.net/f379/official-otland-mapping-contest-rules-faq-154904/

PARTICIPANTS MUST SUBMIT THEIR WORK BY 24 August 2012

Click the images below to view this month's theme, City Gates!
kolapz010.jpg

seng_tree%20city.jpg
Japan-Osaka-castle-city-gate-photo-Tour-kakanowdotcom-500x357.jpg

Good luck and have fun

HA-HA-HA peroxide you think you gonna win?

HA-HA-HA peroxide you think you gonna win?

Already finished my piece. I've won before and I'll do it again. Perhaps not in August and perhaps not in September, but definitely before you'll ever win. My map for July was a let down, but I did only spend 10 minutes on it. Kokokoko deserved to win anyway, his piece was more creative by far, I wish it was ingame but nope :(

HA-HA-HA im better then you im not done but i will spend like 4 days

- - - Updated - - -

Amoaz glad you like it!

Nice to see good competition around here, hope to see awesome pieces! :D

HA-HA-HA Vendeliko are you trying to be funny or join this contest and see who will win ;)

Already finished my piece. I've won before and I'll do it again. Perhaps not in August and perhaps not in September, but definitely before you'll ever win. My map for July was a let down, but I did only spend 10 minutes on it. Kokokoko deserved to win anyway, his piece was more creative by far, I wish it was ingame but nope :(

I have a feeling you'll get more votes than me this time around :p regarding the in-game, I would if I could(I tried to find a 9.60 server but without any luck, if someone knows of one please do link it to me(if there is one, that is))

Anyways, good luck everybody! =)

I'd kick ass on this one, but RME's so slow now I'd never finish.

Well dont say that a 8 years old guy can map better then me -.-

I'd kick ass on this one, but RME's so slow now I'd never finish.
You have until the 8th to sign in and until the 24th to send in your piece, so you have plenty of time :D

I've already received 3 pieces :)
If anyone that has already sent them wants to send an updated version later, they are free and encouraged to do so :) (not saying any of the pieces is bad btw, just that you can always improve on it when you have the time ;))

Seriously... What's with all the hate on gamersdont. Sure he may not be the best mapper. But why flame his maps. You never know, he could surprise you. Everyone and i mean everyone used to flame my maps and told me to quit mapping because "i made their eyes hurt". Now i'm getting asked left right and centre to join projects. There has never been anything more motivational for me than when someone says i cannot do something because of x reason.

People said the same thing about Eminem. He struggled to get record deals until one man stood up and took a chance to help him. Now look at him. So you're all gonna keep treating members like shit just because you are more skilled? Fuck the lot of you.

Professionals make mistakes and amateurs can do miracles.

Good luck to those participating.

HA-HA-HA Vendeliko are you trying to be funny or join this contest and see who will win ;)
Haha yeah, we'll see XD

I have a feeling you'll get more votes than me this time around :p regarding the in-game, I would if I could(I tried to find a 9.60 server but without any luck, if someone knows of one please do link it to me(if there is one, that is))

Anyways, good luck everybody! =)
If you were premium on OtLand you'd find it easy :)

@Topic: My map took me around 3 days roughly :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back