• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Official OtLand Mapping Contest] August Sign Up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, 5 pictures for 1 city gate?! XD Well, I think I'll gonna map a bit and see if I can come up with a cool gate, if I do, I'll join :p

I will surely participate this month, gates are a classic showoff matter so it will be more interesting.

But I think its better that I sign up only after making my piece.

I already received 4 pieces, only 1 of them has more then 1 picture, I only increased the limit because someone(who's name shall not be mentioned) bothered me in the Staff Room to increase the limit. otherwise I'd have set it to 2/3

- - - Updated - - -

I will surely participate this month, gates are a classic showoff matter so it will be more interesting.

But I think its better that I sign up only after making my piece.
You can always just sign up now, make a fast gate and then send ur real one later, that way you still have the weak gate incase you can't send the better one ;)

"Who's name shall not be mentioned"
"Staff Room"

Figure out who it was, good luck.

Im not a mapper.
Give it a shot :D

You have until the 8th to sign in and until the 24th to send in your piece, so you have plenty of time :D

I've already received 3 pieces :)
If anyone that has already sent them wants to send an updated version later, they are free and encouraged to do so :) (not saying any of the pieces is bad btw, just that you can always improve on it when you have the time ;))
Glad to see a lot more people actually submitting this round :D

@Gamers, can't wait to see your piece bro

"Who's name shall not be mentioned"
"Staff Room"

Figure out who it was, good luck.
lol.jpg

Gonna do mine soon gates arr straighforward.. Just have to use an apealling style

Well gates are like 1 pic? So what do we do take shots of areas to and from the gate?

all but one submission so far is just one picture of the gate, someone bothered me in the Staff Room to increase the limit to 5
You can do the pictures as you want, there are no restrictions in this contest other then the theme :)

Already got 5 submissions! :D

Ok give me a few days :> it will be bootiful

Peroxide you will se mine ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Haha yeah, we'll see XD

If you were premium on OtLand you'd find it easy :)

@Topic: My map took me around 3 days roughly :S

Wait your map took 3 days?? and this thrend was made first augusti? WTF?

I did come second place, quite in the early stages I knew I had lost. Second place afaik gets to submit ideas for the next contest.

I mean you mapped this conteset when other dident know about it?

Yes, don't see how it's against a rule. The piece hasn't been shown anywhere before. It's 100% new, I was the chooser for this months theme, I'd rather get my map done in the early stages whether or not it be in the same month as the contest. Then I can have free time to do better things.

Well even if you did choess the theme or something sorry english not fair that you can start before everyone else?

How so? It's not up to me to make sure they finish/submit their contest pieces on time, that's their own responsibility.
I'm only making sure I finish mine, so I can do other things.

Other participants can decide the time-frame they want to give up to make their piece. Not my decision

I mean this thrend was made in the first augusti?? right and you said your mapping took 3 days Hmm so then you did map on 29 30 31 and then scarlet posted this thrend when you was done?

I was done before the thread was created, the theme had been chosen. I started on 27 July 2012.
The theme was chosen by me, other moderators submitted their ideas on the staff board aswell, mine was chosen.
I fail to see your point of where it matters when I started.
-Discussion ended, you want any more information send me a private message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back