• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Official OtLand Mapping Contest] September Sign Up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll consider starting the voting stage on September 20th (NZT, GMT+12:00), only if I haven't recieved any submissions by then!

In the meantime post here what you think the stages should go like.

1-8 days sign ups
20 days to map
10 days to vote on favorites

Split 14 day cycles.

1-4 days sign up.
4-11 mapping
11-14 voting

/// Split - 1 Day Break

1-4 days sign up.
4-11 mapping
11-14 voting

Get more out of the month. :D Instead of waiting for people who take a month to make a map that should only take a day.

Elaborate a little more? Sounds like 2 contests in one month which me and Scarlet have clearly said will not be happening.

2 contests per month is a nono
a 15/15 split will end up in the same problem, people would just get to see the pics 1 week before, but they'd have to wait 1 more week until the new contest starts

we can tweak it a little bit like what Peroxide said above though

Fairo, I just think 12 mapping contests a year, 30 minutes a month is nothing.. Looking at the list people don't care, the people who do care have all submitted the rest just wait till the last day to hand in something so they can say "look I did it"

3 days for sign up.
10 days for mapping.
10 days for voting.

Would be 1 week left for you to plan next Contest.

Last edited:
Doesn't it occur to you guys that people can still map during the sign up days?

And I agree with neon ONLY the sign ups should be like 5 days instead, because I only sign up when I've mapped my piece and not earlier.

Ohh... a cool idea could be a progress picture. Like, we have 5 more days untill the voting starts, sent Peroxide ( or who's hosting ) a picture of your progress. If you don't have any, just kick them out of the contest... Seriously, who the f**k maps for 20 days for 1 f***ing picture, you f***ing i***ts.

In my case, I'm just usually too lazy to even start the map, unless I have an awesome idea I just gotta make immediately.
Therefor, why don't we shorten the mapping time, make the voting around 3-5 since people who would join these contests are pretty active and here frequently, so no need to make it long, and voting a bit longer so you have time to prepare the next contest.
(just mixing up my opinion others, LOL)

we can arrange that, what Neon said is good

1-7 - Signups (1 week) //To cater those that only sign up after they have already mapped
1-14 - Mapping (2 weeks) //Shares 1 week with the signups, obviously people don't need 2 weeks to do it, but still I think that 2 weeks is fine
14-25 - Voting (1.5 weeks) //The remaining of the month
26-30 - Preparing (0.5 weeks) //More then enough time for us to prepare, we usually take a day or two if we wait for the other to answer(since me and Pero are like total time opposites)

Would that be acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back