• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Official OtLand Mapping Contest] September - Temple

Which is your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peroxide

Gone since January 2018
Senator
Reaction score
62tGx.png

Rules for Voting
You may only vote once, anyone found to have used multiple accounts to vote on their favorite
piece will have their votes disqualified.
(Note this does not disqualify the contestant).
If the contestant is discovered to have told other people to vote for him/her, or has voted for himself, they will be
disqualified without warning, and not allowed to participate in another Official Contest for 3 month.
If you know who mapped what just by style, do not post saying who it is. You will receive an infraction for doing so.

Things to keep in mind when voting:
The theme, look at how close the mapper followed the theme, e.g. Lighting, details etc.

Contestant's Works

Zx8aEtT.png

CcZThV.png

38UDMal.png

lkkZK.png

MT3Mtg5.png

Vi7BpC8.png

contest1c.png

contest2r.png

uDjL_g.png

t49gqey.png

PznEf.png

ONB03.png

vEfaD.png

P.S Regarding the leftover participants who didn't submit, because I changed the date for submissions if no one were to submit by the 20th September 2012, I would end the contest early. Please also note you will not be banned from October's contest as a result of this.
Also the participant who recieves my vote will also receive a little bit of money, I will not vote until the end of the contest :D

Last edited:
1 - It had some potential, but I think that if you had shown the upper floor instead of the waterfall on the first picture it might have been better
2 - Its pretty good, but imo the monsters and the debris there are wrong since its supposed to be a temple, not ruins of one
3 - Looks more like a shrine then a temple, and its too simple imo :/
4 - The outside of the pyramid is a bit funky, but different, maybe if you had shown the inside it might have conveyed the image of a temple better
5 - I love how the creator managed to get those columns to work in the waterfalls, the idea looks kinda cool, but I think that the inside could have received some more attention and the water outside could use some more detail
6 - This.. This is why we have these contests, I totally and completelly love this one, totally inovative and truly unique! The only thing I didn't liked was those wooden boards on the roof, and that's minimal at best compared to the truly awesomeness of this! The second picture should have been taken during the night for the added effect though :p
7 - Sorry, but I don't see a temple here :/
8 - Sorry, but I don't see a temple here :/

Vote goes to 6, with 2 and 5 tied in second

Last edited:
I've seen some ice temple's, I've seen some ruined temples, I've seen some desert temples and even bug temples, haha. I'm glad there is much diversity and I love how people took the concept of a temple into their own idea's. I voted for 6 because of the roof, it made me go, wow.

5 hasn't been shown before. I can assure you that. It may look similar to something someone did a long time ago though.

2+6 awesome..

i like the idea of 1 but its made bad:p

4 might be nice either if we could see the inside of it >.>

5 is missing something..

and others i dislike..

Oh shit. Am I too late?! Oo
Well my piece would have lost. My vote goes to 2, 4 or 6 hmm... Still thinking
Two one I did decide. New sprites, lot's of variaty, never seen anything made like that before, great place for undeads, love the stairs on the south, etc. Great job!

My piece was fuckly. Was a bit a missmatch of an inspiration of the quest room Limos did and a gate Chauz made ones.
Behind the fact that I didn't had alot of time, I didn't hand it in because I didn't like it really and I just wasn't sure about to do with it:
yvlecuT.png

Ezeuuqu.png

Mayby I will finish this ones. Sad I am banned for the next contest :/

Last edited:
1- great idea and pretty well mapped; but why submit 2 almost the same images..., would be much better if u had shown the upper floor because theres nothing special about that waterfall u choose to show.
2- very stunning map, the only thing i miss is some accessories to make it look more like a temple. could just have been a hunting place filled with undeads.
3- too small and to basic to stand out. also dont like the mailbox outside the temple.
4-a desert temple is always nice to watch but here its a bit of a dissapointment, because u didnt even show the inside, if u had shown the inside it would be so much better.
5- a very decent looking temple, the one that speaks to me the most as a temple, but some things i dislike here: in the first picture the stones on the left , they seem to be standing on the water and thats not only impossible it doenst fit the temple imo. also the interior is a bit too simple imo, some more interior would make this the best picture out there.
6-the roof of that temple is just perfect , looks a bit like an ancient greek temple... very nice map. the only few things i would do different is, i would make other stairs because now its a bit messy with stairs being used as roof and as stairs. regular stairs would've fit here better imo.
7- what is the point of wasps in a temple? its a good map but not as a temple, maybe a hunting spot or so but definetly not a temple.
8-again , how can i see if this is a temple, if you had shown a bit of the interior and placed some temple-like stuff outside it would fit more the theme but now it doenst fit anything imo...

After a good look at all pictures i decided to go with picture 6 as the winner , but picture 5 wasn't that far behind.

kind regards,
hehemidu

That... temple... roof...

I always wished to create greek themed stuff on tibia but it wasnt possible before, number 6 just made me realize that it is now!
Loved the theme, the idea and the mapping and everything.

6 is ofc creative. But not a good outcome, since it doesn't look really "greek".
Those sprites that the person used does not fit well together. I would say it's good, but the sprites just doesn't go together.

6 is ofc creative. But not a good outcome, since it doesn't look really "greek".
Those sprites that the person used does not fit well together. I would say it's good, but the sprites just doesn't go together.
I have to agree with neon, I do think the greek type roofs were the only thing that was unique about it.

Its still great and the most original idea Ive seen in a long time. The tiles, the stones, the environment, even the outfit looks great. Of course there are better ways of building a temple with this style, but Im rating the guy's work and not how better it could be.

I can point out some flaws, but in overall it made me really impressed so I voted for it.

The "idea" with that kind of roof has been made long ago, with other sprites.

And what is so great about the stones?
I got nothing against the person that made this, but this piece looks like a high-tech ancient greece. Which in my opinion is just weird.

Anyways good luck to the person that made it.

Aint sure he it would look like then, but I think 6 should have be more creative with the environment. It should have been an underwater mountain if that excists. Normal nature on a mountain with the underwater sprites just do not fit. The thing 6 made give me more inspiration on how to create an underwater place ;).

Same goes for number 1 btw.

Imo 2,3,6 & 8 were the best, my vote goes to 3 since that is the only one who really reminds me of a temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back