• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Old School PVP tricks and tips wanted

Shonne

Reaction score
Hey guys.
Im getting back to tibia after alot of years and i really want to rank up my tibia 7.4~ pvp game. Does any here skilled player have some tips, tricks or practices to get really good at PVP? Playing a war OT to practice at the moment (thanks @carre for servertip). But damn people are really good. I feel i have a long way to go so thats why im asking for tips to master this aspect of the game faster.
I'm sincerely grateful for any help or guidance.
Cheers.

Many people using task program on mouse or keyboard, just play and skill will up.

Tricks won't help if you don't learn how to play, the best trick is to train aiming and reflexes.

In my opinion, the best method of aiming is to wait until the opponent starts to slow down and aiming directly at the opponent is a more effective method than shooting than the forward shots, but it also depends on the situation.

Movement is also a very important matter, you should always try to change your movements, you can repeat the same movement to suddenly make a completely different one.

There are very few players nowadays who have trained variable reflexes moving around the board.

Most players statically move more with the arrow to the left than in other directions, which makes it easier for you to figure out what they want to do.

Two essential things are Relax and Concentration.

In order to concentrate well on the game and to completely eliminate stress, you should play with very high DPI settings.

Then the game means that we do not have to make much effort and we can focus fully on the opponent's movements.

The most important rule is not to play after drinking chamomile tea and not to smoke a lot of grass.

Experiment and try to improve your efficiency with exhaust (global rune/spell exhaust) and delays (any other "exhaust" you come across when using items and walking). Here is an example of the thought process.

1. Walking diagonal is faster than walking horizontally or vertically, assuming your destination requires both horizontal and vertical movement.
2. For this reason most servers puts a delay after a diagonal step, preventing any walk input for a short while.
3. For some reason, sending a "use" input (e.g right click) on the ground allows you to by-pass the delay. If you keep doing it, you will be snapped back.

From this we conclude that you walk faster if you mix your horizontal/vertical movement with some diagonal movement followed by right clicking the ground. Now back to improving efficiency:

4. "Use with" and "use" commands works the same in that sense.
5. Instead of right-clicking the ground after a diagonal walk, you can instead use a mana fluid or a rune.

Every time you need to use an item/rune and walk at the same time, you've now improved your efficiency.

Some improvements in efficiency are capped by aim skill, e.g using mana fluids or switching rings in-between rune uses to improve efficiency or bait players with e-ring.

Thanks guys for all the tips and answers. I made the changes mentioned in @Thin Small Fist guide and i must say that thing improved slightly. And then yes, i think alot comes down to practicing aim, reflexes and the ability to do and think on alot of stuff at ones while you on the same time get hammered on by SD's... getting back on the grind for now !
Hehe camomill tea and weed does not work for me while doing PVP, thats true. But Coffe and techno does the job ;)

1.- I recommend low resolution screen. Try with one that allows around 4 backpacks, it's enough and no gray spaces between game and inventory.
2.- Practice shooting sd+mf untill you get "exhausted".
3.- Practice mf+uh, then you'll be ready to fight back.

Feel free to login on my war server: Latestnews - Old-War 7.40 (http://old-war.hopto.org)
I can help you with some tricks about traps, sewers etc.

1.- I recommend low resolution screen. Try with one that allows around 4 backpacks, it's enough and no gray spaces between game and inventory.

Resolution size decides how many backpacks you can fit. Aspect ratio decides whether you have gray bars. Widescreen resolutions give you grey bars.

Keep in mind that if you change your resolution you change your "sensitivity", so you need to compensate by changing your mouse DPI, but this is not possible if you switch between 4:3 and widescreen. If you don't use the standard resolution for your monitor then you need to always use that resolution even when you're not playing tibia.

2.- Practice shooting sd+mf untill you get "exhausted".
3.- Practice mf+uh, then you'll be ready to fight back.

Feel free to login on my war server: Latestnews - Old-War 7.40 (http://old-war.hopto.org)
I can help you with some tricks about traps, sewers etc.
Nice tip! I will experiment with different resolutions and see how it feels. Ye i would love to see some tip and tricks about traps and so on. I'll download your client, feel free to message me when you are online.

In my opinion, the best method of aiming is to wait until the opponent starts to slow down and aiming directly at the opponent is a more effective method than shooting than the forward shots, but it also depends on the situation.

Remember a character can only exist in one tile on your screen. In the mind of the computer you walk instantly between two tiles:

4060.png When your character stands still (feet together) it exists on the tile it's drawn on in the client.

4061.png 4062.png When your character is moving it exists only on the tile it's walking to.

For this reason I think you should aim on the tile the character is walking towards, because aiming directly on the opponent will almost never work (except when the target is standing still). This also applies for example when you want to shoot magic walls on your feet to trap someone. The exact moment that you pressed your arrow key you can also shoot a magic wall on your own position to block both tiles.

Last edited:
Remember a character can only exist in one tile on your screen. In the mind of the computer you walk instantly between two tiles:

View attachment 50104 When your character stands still (feet together) it exists on the tile it's drawn on in the client.

View attachment 50105 View attachment 50106 When your character is moving it exists only on the tile it's walking to.

For this reason I think you should aim on the tile the character is walking towards, because aiming directly on the opponent will almost never work (except when the target is standing still). This also applies for example when you want to shoot magic walls on your feet to trap someone. The exact moment that you pressed your arrow key you can also shoot a magic wall on your own position to block both tiles.
I wrote when the opponent starts to slow down, I shoot him directly at the target.

But it depends mainly on the surface of the situation, how the specific player sticks.

Shooting the grid forward during uh / sd duels or war arena on the war server today does not make sense, I assure you.

Unless we play against underdeveloped opponents, but when we try to play such a game with top players it makes no sense, because 90% of shots reach the goal.

Pvp went so far that the top players shoot directly at the opponent and they are rarely wrong, because this is a game at low lvls , something else on the rpg server.

At Rpg when speed are faster shooting front grille have sense ofcorse , but at 31 lvls at war server actually it's no sense.
Post automatically merged:

Pvp has moved on, but I'll show you some examples of bots that even cheat in 2020 and still can't use their hands for this game.

2 kinds of bots and evidence that the mouse click simulation recording system is useless at cast systems:
Here are 2 examples of bots without simulating mouse clicks:

Here are 2 fresh footage from today's bot with mouseclicks simulation:

Fortunately, there are also many players who play almost on a par with those weak bots using their hands.

Last edited:
Shooting forward on the war server today does not make sense, because
90% of shots reach the goal.

Pvp went so far that the top players
shoot directly at the opponent
and they are rarely wrong,
Somewhere, something went terribly wrong.

@Tampik You have a point with war servers really slowed down speed by making 31 the default level. Back when I played most war servers had default level 50-60.

Here you have a real example of PVP
If you looking to play smooth pvp i recommend Outcast server

@Tampik You have a point with war servers really slowed down speed by making 31 the default level. Back when I played most war servers had default level 50-60.

I remember old times when all war servers with private accounts have lvls 50- 70 and 75.

But new times have come and servers for the weaker players from version 8.0 have come, the levels have been lowered to 31 and most of them, even at such low speeds, are not trying to learn to play the game.

If you looking to play smooth pvp i recommend Outcast server

Outcast has the most extreme walking mechanics. For example you can spam diagonal walk with no delay.

Unfortunately I had a shitty PC when I recorded this, so it still shows "delays" (lag only in recording).

Experimenting with delays and exhausts like I mentioned before got me called out for botting in lots of servers even though I had mediocre aim. Turns out being faster than other players gives you an "unfair" advantage.

Experimenting with delays and exhausts like I mentioned before got me called out for botting in lots of servers even though I had mediocre aim. Turns out being faster than other players gives you an "unfair" advantage.
Being faster than anyone else is the most just fair advantage.

All game options are fair if natural , only boting it's not fair.

Some players "Outcast" play now at Realesta war server.

Outcast it's empty server now playing only gm and some rpg noobs.

Outcast server = big spoofed server fully fake online list , he have many fake tasker robot players on trainers monks.

This new client it's more bad than this from old times , bad fps bad ping no worth to play it.

@Tampik Fair or unfair?

Being faster than anyone is just a skill like aiming. It's all about walking mechanics (except for speed levels).

Few tips
  • Depending on lag u may have to aim 1sq ahead of enemy.
  • Train yourself by not using battle menu to fight monsters to cast runes on them manually.

- If you can't hit with hmm/sd use explo or gfb.

• Don't waste mana needlessly i.e. pointless to cast spells to kill enemy if its not a chance to kill. Only use spells when u miss your UH.
  • Be prepared. Rings of Might are quite useful, if low level or against sorc use strange talisman, and against pally/knight protection amulets. Couple % but its something.

• Pretend you don't have runes like SD/Explo. Lower their guard, and when their life is low enough... SD, spell dealing damage thats enough - one shot kill.
  • In terms of knights... that can heal for more than you can deal damage, only way to kill is to trap them, and move them when they are about to heal, or use paralyze rune and move them when they are about to heal. This way you can overcome them sometimes quicker than one could expect.

• Try to match your attack with rune attack
  • Don't run in straight lines, if there are many enemies run between them - likely cause them hitting each other if you dodge nicely.
  • Make sure your enemies have waste. GFB is great since it forces larger group to try to heal.
  • As MS Double/triple casting ue can end fight quickly.
  • Make traps - If you are hunted, or expect a team to come after you - go on PoH and create few traps in trap holes. The temple is also nearby, bring magic walls and try to block them.
  • When running around do stuff that players hate - demoralize them. Firebombs, Energybombs, block them with magic walls or growth.
  • Use monsters as your allies. Draging big chunk of monsters behind you can really put stop to pursuit and sometimes u can actually kill them while they are receiving dmg from mob.
  • Some mobs do not walk over fields (be prepared, make sure u have couple of all)
  • Destruction fields, and the more powerful one is quite useful when you are getting trapped.

- in 7.4 block rope holes either with trash/bodies, fields or yourself this way your pray is trapped - if you are in cave with 2 holes make sure to put firebomb or energy bomb leaving only path for yourself to walk from either of holes and follow the guy/guys.

- hydras, go on a hunt and wait till the hydra moves onto ms/ed; block their escape by "mistake" and send sd when they are low to die on single strike.

- at higher levels while playing rp you should time your p-bolt + sd ; learn how much dmg it does. if i remember correctly back in 7.6 as 140rp i could deal around over 200 from p-bolt and over 200 with sd if lucky u can one shot fairly high level druids/sorcs. Visiting orc fort was good way to get runes from lvl 40-60ms/ed (ed typically carry more runes in my exp), and they almost never have aol. If played right they'll not know what hit them. (1hit kill) MS can also do that but wastes far more mana, and its more dangerous.

- as knight, always have 2-4 ice rapiers (on higher level evne few bps of them) Use it as your SD. Its a wow effect when ms/pally gets hit for ~300 (with exori can be even more -- in this case wait until you see number u hit them with; if they aren't low and ur exori has no chance to finish them off don't waste your mf and mana).

- when running away when you change direction you are running in most cases will cause your enemies to stop for couple secs (psychology), u can use it to cast some runes on them without worry of missing.

- in terms of being prepred
Bring:
might rings - against ms UE (when u expect to get a combo)
elven amulets - against ms when its 1 or few against you when they are keen on using sd or couple ue combo.
metal/black pot - cheap block that people can't use field destroy on. *also can be used as a trap or a temp wall (very useful in tight spaces against ed/ms with no cap)
time ring - great in escapes.
stealth ring - against mobs
energy ring - u can put it on as buffer as you switch stone-skin etc to be safe u won't die without aol.
roh - recover some mana when running away and no1 is hitting you at that time.
as knight you should also have 1-2 rings for the type for wep u use.
have basic tools like machete rope, shovel, pickaxe always.
u can always bring godflower or stuff like that but mostly useless.
stone skins - against traps, and ue ms combo.

Dont forget u can heal ur allies in war with uh.

Last edited:
Back