• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Open Invitation For Programmers - All languages

rockseller

Lua & .NET Programmer
Reaction score
As title says, this is an open invitation for people who program in any language, C++, C#, LUA, ABAP, VB, VB.NET, C#.NET, ASP.NET, and any other language, and are interested in making a guild with other programmers.

The idea is to make a guild of programmers whose jobs are centered on IT and coding. English is required as the main language though other languages are just as good.

What would be the advantages?
-Stay in touch with the guild
-Get help from guild members in scripting, programming, or code design
-Never get bored
-Hear from other iniciatives and/or projects

There's just lots of stuff that can be done.
We would use OtLand forum but also messenger, email, or other communication sources.

Ventrilo is not required, but people whose interests are program, projects, (IE. Otserver), game developing, personal developing.

Please PM me if you are interested.

How would we never get bored? Can you expand your thoughts a bit more, I don't seem to get the purpose of the whole thing :p

how good u gotta be ?

Im still new to LUA but im learning

Hi, there was a group of people recruiting other ppl to join their programming group.
If you would like to join, you can join via IRC: QuakeNet Web IRC (qwebirc)
Note: only C++

Great, didn't know about that, im inside IRC now, thanks for the advice.

Its not about getting bored but getting help from other programmers.
And no, programming skills would not be required but interest to learn

Lua is not a programming language.. Don't fool yourself.

It is like saying, I know xml; I am a programmer.

@up
Lua IS Programming language, xml is database thing.

Hahaha who uses XML for database anymore^^! It's not meant to be that anyways =//
Don't think a language is specific to x just because it was used for y in z. :p

I remember when they were XML's and MySQL's servers based
Now there all MySQL, XML was getting too buge d:

Programming means "giving instructions", the code is instructed to execute actions. Therefore scripting is programming. While XML ain't instructed to do something, it just store data that is to be used by a program

I know enough Lua to make custom spells, monsters,items,weapons,a little special effects,but I'm just learning advanced lua like custom quests etc...I started learning html and css a few weeks ago, and I'm pretty far in learning css and can do a lot in designing a website, however I don't really know php and javascript that much. I would love to learn a lot from programming in a guild.

I know enough Lua to make custom spells, monsters,items,weapons,a little special effects,but I'm just learning advanced lua like custom quests etc...I started learning html and css a few weeks ago, and I'm pretty far in learning css and can do a lot in designing a website, however I don't really know php and javascript that much. I would love to learn a lot from programming in a guild.

Thats not real lua knowledge, silly you.

Thats not real lua knowledge, silly you.

It's a start though, you begin by learning basic stuff, LUA syntax, once the moment when you require C++ knowledge for example, to know defined functions on source, etc...
Attitude is the best way to start.
By the way Lua is indeed a programming language, on OTserver is mainly used for scripting purposes since you define lots of stuff on source and constants on lib, still, a programming language.

Back