• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OpenTibia Sprite Pack

You confusing things dude. You read some articles, got a grasp of some concepts but didn't understand some details.

First thing, CC is not a license, it's a organization, and they created some (not one) licenses that cover legal aspects people that want to share their work might want covered. Despite not existing anything that would make the MIT license inapplicable to images, it's mostly used for software. There is a CC license as broader as MIT, but I opted to not use it. I opted for Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC-BY 4.0), to incentivize contribution, as people that make sprites are even more attached to their work than those who code to open source software, and would appreciate the fact that their work is being credited.

All the files that go along with the license are under it's terms, meaning all the files in the GitHub - peonso/opentibia_sprite_pack repository are under CC-BY 4.0 terms. Meaning you can do with it anything you want if you give credits and if you modified original work, state that you did.

You talked about files without licenses, under CC-SA and under CC BY-SA. That doesn't apply to anything here. Also, TFS is under GNU license (forced, since it's a branch of OTServ that also is under GNU license).

That's not related at all with what you are discussing. This means the license won't give you the right to violate "privacy" or "human rights", that sort of stuff. Some thing along the lines of "this license give you the right to do everything, but you still have to follow the laws". Example: if you want to use the sprites to kill someone, the license may not give you the necessary permission, sorry.

I thank you for explaining why you chose the license and thank you for answering the questions I'm proposing promptly. Do you honestly thiuk that the extra bureaucracy added by CC-BY 4.0 isn't a problem?

Since that is just a "maybe", could you please clarify what you mean with a quote from the document they provide as additional information to that part?

Considerations for licensors and licensees - Creative Commons

I'm not sure, these are all very convoluted topics with way too much text for me to go through. It states, though, that "other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material". What exactly they mean by this, I'm not sure.

I thank you for explaining why you chose the license and thank you for answering the questions I'm proposing promptly. Do you honestly thiuk that the extra bureaucracy added by CC-BY 4.0 isn't a problem?

I consider it a small nuisance, people should be used to credit works even if not demanded. There are pros and cons, and I hoped with that choice that more people would be willing to contribute. Making gomething like this isn't unbearable bureaucracy.

Last edited:

I'm not sure, these are all very convoluted topics with way too much text for me to go through. It states, though, that "other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material". What exactly they mean by this, I'm not sure.

I think this is just a disclaimer. "The terms" apply, but they don't overrule actual laws. Let's say that you release a software for educational purposes, but I then download your software and use it commit a crime. I can't then tell the police "well its Ferrari's fault, his software is intended for this and he said it was allowed."

Added Remere's Map Editor files, it's just raw pallete (should replace RME/data/1041 folder files). You will need to rename spr/dat file to Tibia because RME only recognize those as default.

qegkfpK.png
pN36hFf.png
wqL7bZF.png
XgF7vQH.png
jBhNh0N.png

How do you make objects that are really thin? I tried making an arrow but it's pretty hard. Any feedback?

Attachments

You need to mak them AA go with a 45 degree angle for better effect. or you have to make it a little wider

@thread what more is needed for this project? :)

You need to mak them AA go with a 45 degree angle for better effect. or you have to make it a little wider

@thread what more is needed for this project? :)
Stairs/ramps/ladders and respective full ground tiles (for floor 7) and transparent ones. Players (female!!) and monsters outfits. Ammunition and respective projectile effects.

How's this? I made them 45° and shortened them enough that they should also fit a 32*32 sprite vertically/horizontally.

Blue:
arr_blue.png
Yellow:
arr_yellow.png
Red:
arr_red.png
More red:
arr_red lighter.png

Edit: @Yellowhat @Peonso I noticed it's impossible to create a vertical object which is as thin as the diagonal 1 px outline + 1px fill. Would it be better to make the diagonal arrow 1 px thicker to make the vertical arrow look thinner by comparison? (Note that the vertical arrow isn't sprited, it's just a rotation for comparison of thickness).

arr_test.png

Last edited:
How's this? I made them 45° and shortened them enough that they should also fit a 32*32 sprite vertically/horizontally.

Blue:
View attachment 31045
Yellow:
View attachment 31046
Red:
View attachment 31047
More red:
View attachment 31048

Edit: @Yellowhat @Peonso I noticed it's impossible to create a vertical object which is as thin as the diagonal 1 px outline + 1px fill. Would it be better to make the diagonal arrow 1 px thicker to make the vertical arrow look thinner by comparison? (Note that the vertical arrow isn't sprited, it's just a rotation for comparison of thickness).

View attachment 31049
here is one for now Enforced Arrow
e26e7298-a4fa-40ac-9fc3-8b4f515aa240
YK3AV4A.png
eSLVHGp.png

@Wirless Do you mean emo arrow? Looks like you will definately cut yourself using that one xD But you should probably keep memes out of this thread. That deserves its own thread.

Made the typical 2/3/4/5/10 stacks for the arrows.

I tried to put a little shading between the arrows so you get a sense of depth in the stack.

arr_red_stack2.png arr_red_stack3.png arr_red_stack4.png arr_red_stack5.png arr_red_stack10.png

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone sharing their sprites here. Your work is much appreciated!

@ScorpionOT I think it's just the forum tricking you by scaling the images. Tibia sprites are just 32*32 but the preview for the attachment is bigger. Does it look better now with the fullsize images?

Definitely looks better. If I may bother you with a few pointers, I think the arrow stick should be smaller, and the feathers red shouldn't be so sharp. Perhaps that's what bothers me so much, the sharp images (in contrast to the properly defined colorsheets we openly see in OTs)

What do you mean with a smaller stick? Shorter? As for the color of the red that was kind only intentional. I imagine how people design arrows; the brown and gray arrow is hard to find so you paint the feathers with something that sticks out to nature. It's possible that this is redundant thinking because it's generally not possible to pick up arrows after shooting in OTs.

Can you contrast the feedback by comparing it to the three other colors I made for the feathers? What is better/worse for those three less saturated feathers?

I think the other colors look better. I think the color looks so sharp because it's only two pixel lines, but if you look at Tibia's arrows, you'll know what I mean:
latest
This one has more balanced colors, and I am not much of a spriting whiz, but it's probably got something to do with AntiAliasing or something.

Check this image out:
tutori10.png
I extracted it from the (now outdated) tutorial @ [Tutorial] Spriting Avançado

Your sprite seems like an initial phase (albeit unfinished) for what could be a great arrow, given that you put a little more soul into it.

My intentions are not to criticize you in any shape or form, although I do believe it could use some polishing.
Thanks, though. Your additions to this thread are very appreciated, if not only by me, but Peonso and the other OT people too.

I think the other colors look better. I think the color looks so sharp because it's only two pixel lines, but if you look at Tibia's arrows, you'll know what I mean:
latest
This one has more balanced colors, and I am not much of a spriting whiz, but it's probably got something to do with AntiAliasing or something.

Check this image out:
tutori10.png
I extracted it from the (now outdated) tutorial @ [Tutorial] Spriting Avançado

Your sprite seems like an initial phase (albeit unfinished) for what could be a great arrow, given that you put a little more soul into it.

My intentions are not to criticize you in any shape or form, although I do believe it could use some polishing.
Thanks, though. Your additions to this thread are very appreciated, if not only by me, but Peonso and the other OT people too.

You got a distorted image. I don't got what you saying, compare those:

Untitled-1.png

Back