• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Opinions about custom server

SanSero

Reaction score
I am an old Tibia player, I have played Tibia since 2007 as a normal player and finally I started few months ago studying Lua and C++ to be able to create my own custom server so I am here to ask few questions about what players and well-known developers think about

• Which client is best to start or it doesn't even matter because I can use OTC and add everything needed to it
  • Leveling range for both (PVP and PVE) max (3k?) (10k?) (100k?) or something else
Feel free to tell me any experience you have playing or developing custom servers.

Don't make a customly unique original 7.x server with real map + later towns and a few extra hunts.
Believe it or not, these 7.x servers are not very unique or original. Like. At all.

But to answer the questions.
1: Choose whatever version you'd like. Later versions have more things, both wanted and unwanted features. Earlier versions have less things. And with OTC and source edits you can just make it your own.
2: What do you like to play? Lets say you want to play a high exp server. How long would you like it to take to reach level 10k, 20k, 50k, max? (Same goes low exp)

Don't release a half assed server that you started working on 3 months ago. Put some heart into it. Make it unique, custom. Make it so that people will return.
Tibia is alot of grinding, repetetive. How can you make this any better? Can you make quests that requires more people. Use special weapons deal more damage to special monsters. Vocations? Spells? Items?

I used to play mostly when many servers used tp rooms everywhere. That was fun for about 10 minutes.
I have played on a server that had world quests. A quest that is designed to take longer to do, but once it's done. It opens some other area to explore. This was fun (This should go without saying. Don't make every quest the same).

Quests where you get items. Is it worth it? Is it worth running 1 hour through a mountain getting a fire sword as a sorcerer? What if this item was different for every vocation, making it worth it for everyone to do it. Cash and such could stay the same.

And for Tibianus sake, do not make every fun feautre premium only. This is where I lose interest quite fast. Not becuase i'm a cheap ass, but because I can't even try it out. If you want your server to be played a special way, this should be available to do with free accounts. Premium accounts should add more quality of life, like a better autoloot, better inventory managment. Houses....

Last but not least.
Make it your own. It's always fun to create your own things. Come up with ideas and make it. Don't think too much if it will be worth it. Do it and test it. If you don't like it you can remove it or even modify it. You always get experience when you are doing something.

Don't make a customly unique original 7.x server with real map + later towns and a few extra hunts.
Believe it or not, these 7.x servers are not very unique or original. Like. At all.
I will not use any client below 10.98, I am trying to benefit of every new client feature and rework it to suit my server needs and certainly not going to be a real map server, I want to create a full custom server or atleast a custom server based on Evolution.
1: Choose whatever version you'd like. Later versions have more things, both wanted and unwanted features. Earlier versions have less things. And with OTC and source edits you can just make it your own.
I am just wondering how stable highest client will be cause I can't find enough resources made for it yet, Even official TFS didn't update to any client above 10.98, I am still looking around the forum if I will be able to find a Map Editor for 12.60, Object Builder or an alternative, Items Editor or an alternative and certainly an AAC. Even OTC didn't update to latest client yet.
2: What do you like to play? Lets say you want to play a high exp server. How long would you like it to take to reach level 10k, 20k, 50k, max? (Same goes low exp)
For low level servers do you think it's possible to add same amount of new features, items and whatsoever? The level range will be too low unlike high level ones where you have long range of levels that will suit a lot of features and systems.
Don't release a half assed server that you started working on 3 months ago. Put some heart into it. Make it unique, custom. Make it so that people will return.
Tibia is alot of grinding, repetetive. How can you make this any better? Can you make quests that requires more people. Use special weapons deal more damage to special monsters. Vocations? Spells? Items?
Exactly, Every server is repetitive that is why I am not going to rush any step of making the server, Doesn't matter how long will it take, I am trying to make a server where players can enjoy the whole season without getting bored in a week or so and I will create threads here for more unique features and ideas certainly at the right time.
I used to play mostly when many servers used tp rooms everywhere. That was fun for about 10 minutes.
I have played on a server that had world quests. A quest that is designed to take longer to do, but once it's done. It opens some other area to explore. This was fun (This should go without saying. Don't make every quest the same).

Quests where you get items. Is it worth it? Is it worth running 1 hour through a mountain getting a fire sword as a sorcerer? What if this item was different for every vocation, making it worth it for everyone to do it. Cash and such could stay the same.

And for Tibianus sake, do not make every fun feautre premium only. This is where I lose interest quite fast. Not becuase i'm a cheap ass, but because I can't even try it out. If you want your server to be played a special way, this should be available to do with free accounts. Premium accounts should add more quality of life, like a better autoloot, better inventory managment. Houses....

Last but not least.
Make it your own. It's always fun to create your own things. Come up with ideas and make it. Don't think too much if it will be worth it. Do it and test it. If you don't like it you can remove it or even modify it. You always get experience when you are doing something.
I have played so many custom servers during my Tibia time so I already have many ideas in mind and I will certainly keep your advices in mind with Premium, quests and making every item worth the time players will take to claim it.

I am just wondering how stable highest client will be cause I can't find enough resources made for it yet, Even official TFS didn't update to any client above 10.98, I am still looking around the forum if I will be able to find a Map Editor for 12.60, Object Builder or an alternative, Items Editor or an alternative and certainly an AAC. Even OTC didn't update to latest client yet.
If you want the latest sprites there's always objectbuilder and itemeditor. There are tools on here somewhere that help with this

For low level servers do you think it's possible to add same amount of new features, items and whatsoever? The level range will be too low unlike high level ones where you have long range of levels that will suit a lot of features and systems.
Adding features like items, bosses, hunts, cities and such can absolutely be done in low level ranges and high level ranges. It's all about implementation. If you create 50 new weapons for example that will be suited for level 5k, 6k, 7k... These could instead be alternative ways used in hunting. Same damage but perhaps elemental damage instead, giving them use in different scenarios.

Back