• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

~Origins: a World Apart~ (Mapping Thread) -UPDATED: Aug 21st-

Raisa, I might have found a few more thigns for that steampunk city, i'm just going to save them in a otbm, and send it your way.

~Can I Bump?~

Sorry I was away for a while! Been busy being out in the sun!! But I'm back for now :p

Here's some more work on the ruins concept, or I guess I can call it a Spirit World Gate now. :)

7d1g.png

Meanie :(
( i forgot to edit last one, so now it's edited. But I'll add the picture here too cuz you killed the post momentum )

7d1g.png

That looks good, but I was looking at your avatar and is that your sexy body? however that looks good (your body and the mapping of course)

Those actually look better than I expected them to when you said you "found out how to make power-lines".

Great Job!

Thank you mucho, Flatlander! I'm pretty happy about them too :p

Again, summer just always gets the best of me. Couldn't skip out on the sun and all the fun!!! (hey that rhymed xD)

So yeah...some more work I did tonight on my SteamPunk City :)

cwz.png

The stalagmites don't really fit unless, you are going to be making the city in a cavern type area. From the looks of it it seems like you're going to be doing ordinary town sewers, now are these going to be multi-floored? If so I would rethink about using the stalagmites. If the sewers aren't directly dropping waste into the abyss or are connected to the city itself it lack's a little logic. And I doubt those wooden posts are going to hold the city. I do realize this is a game and you can do whatever you'd like, I just like to have some logic in the game. It look's nice enough though. I haven't seen someone pull off steampunk style, so it could turn out quite nice.

Trust me Dark, I know what I'm doing :p I have many ideas on how the sewers are gunna work (i'm sort of following some concept art with this), and yes, it's going to be underground. And obviously wooden posts wouldn't hold a city... I do like to make my stuff on the realistic side. There's going to be rock/mountain/dirt like ground under most of the city, that's just a part that falls off into a dark void/deep drop. so don't worry, I have logic :) this city is only just getting started!

Thank you mucho, Flatlander! I'm pretty happy about them too :p

Again, summer just always gets the best of me. Couldn't skip out on the sun and all the fun!!! (hey that rhymed xD)

So yeah...some more work I did tonight on my SteamPunk City :)

cwz.png

I can see exactly how this is gonna look! You're gonna use the dirt mountains? GOGOGO finish it!

I don't quite like thick grass borders going on top of the same ground type as it, it tends to look strange and doesn't really fit. But start making some new pieces; constantly seeing the same pieces over and over get's repetitive. Still a nice map though.

Back