• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

~Origins: a World Apart~ (Mapping Thread) -UPDATED: Aug 21st-

Raisa Marianna

Briar Rose of the Demonai
Reaction score
99m.png
ihj.png
Welcome to my mapping thread for my server-in-the-works, Origins: a World Apart! I won't go into details about the server here, for that you can go to the following thread:
http://otland.net/f251/origins-worl...ideas-thread-important-update-07-08-a-195626/

3ow1.png

And now, I'll just skip to the point. Mapping!
PS: Maroon colored headers signify that they're main pieces of mapping. Others are just random bits that could be turned into something big or just stay small.
ezh.png

~A Quiet Path~

8h7j.png

7pa7.png

~First Contact~

ze7p.png

~Random Swamp Concept~
ae7g.png

~I-literally-took-5-mins-to-just-throw-this-together-for-a-warmup-kinda-thing Mapping~
7vu3.png

-Update: July 24th-

~Ruins Concept~
(I was quickly experimenting with a new idea, and I got a better idea which I drew out on my sketchbook, so I'll definitely come back to it. PSS: don't laugh at my drawing..I've never really drawn before...)​

~Ruin Concept (Still not done)~

un6r.png

-Update: August 7th-

~Ruin Concept (Again, still not done, + Right Click 'n View Image to see the full thing properly)~

7d1g.png

~Steampunk Concept~​

-Update: August 21st-

cwz.png

Finally got to walk around on my map!! Few things to fix of course, but here's some early screenshots!!

ch74.png

jm9r.png

p495.png

sxgi.png

Reworking my swamp, and turning it into a marsh'y forest with a small town on/by the river. This style of swamp forest is definitely time consuming...
qupn.png

n548.png

Well that's all for now! I'm going to try my best to keep adding regular updates, because I'm seriously excited to share this server with everyone. I can't wait to have it done :D!

Sincerely~
bluboxsig.png

Last edited:
Ese swamp <3, BTW can I see a minimap of your "Mountains of 1 floor, with the visual of 2? wanna see how it foes look :p

It's alright just wanted to check it out with out mapping it :p thanks for showing it.
Keep those maps up :)

Thanks a lot! :D

~Update~!
PS: I'll also be updating the main post every time I add a new mapping piece.

~Ruins Concept~
(I was quickly experimenting with a new idea, and I got a better idea which I drew out on my sketchbook, so I'll definitely come back to it. PSS: don't laugh at my drawing..I've never really drawn before...)
krj3.png

~Here's the Concept I drew afterwards~
j2bt.png

DAT drawing! sadly tibia wont look like that ;c

hahahah! im glad you liked it! but yeah, tibia wont ever be like that, but its our job as mappers to interpret inspirations in our own way to do the best we can to recreate it, right? :p
i'll try my best to see this concept come to life!

Perhaps, some work on the entrance. try to remove the Mixing of those bricks and mountain border, n just leave it with the bricks, or find another way to mix them :

Oh I know that for sure, yeah! I was working on the mapping first before I drew my picture. So now I'm working on making a version of my drawing~

- - - Updated - - -

In a rush! Gotta go out, hiking!!

~Ruin Concept~
xa0v.png

Your maps look really nice :).
I think that water that you used in the last pic is walkable.

Very true. I was just mentioning it because when I used that water I was amazed that it was walkable by default. Because it doesn't look walkable.

Why thank you, sir! :D

And here's a bit of an update for me as well! Sorry, had a busy week/weekend~

un6r.png

~Steampunk Concept~

wuc6.png

Why thank you, sir! :D

And here's a bit of an update for me as well! Sorry, had a busy week/weekend~

un6r.png

~Steampunk Concept~

wuc6.png

Me likey the steampunk concept, Needs more brown I think but we'll work on looking for sprites for that :D

Back