• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OpenTibia OT Monster Converter

@kay Would you be willing and able to clarify cipbia .mon format drunken attack for us. What does the drunken attack strength parameter mean? Drunken (int strength, int effect, int duration) And bonus share if there is some special way to determine the item looktype of invisible monsters.
"Strength" is exactly what it indicates - strength of the effect. The higher it is, the more often you will misstep. Max strength is 6, so that 7 in bazir file is a mistake from cip.

As for looktype:
  • the first number is outfit id, followed by 4 color numbers (outfit look)
  • if the first number is 0, then it's followed by item id instead (item look)
  • if the first and second numbers are both 0, then the monster has no look at all (invisible)

"Strength" is exactly what it indicates - strength of the effect. The higher it is, the more often you will misstep. Max strength is 6, so that 7 in bazir file is a mistake from cip.

As for looktype:
  • the first number is outfit id, followed by 4 color numbers (outfit look)
  • if the first number is 0, then it's followed by item id instead (item look)
  • if the first and second numbers are both 0, then the monster has no look at all (invisible)
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Is 0 or 1 the lowest for drunken strength?

Interesting for the looktype, I don't see any monsters that have a 0 followed by an item id in the cip monster pack. And for the invisible looktype OT server has no such concept. The only 4 monsters in the cip monster pack with 0,0 map to Oriental Pillars for ot servers. I guess on cip map they have those invisible monsters placed on top of those pillars?

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Is 0 or 1 the lowest for drunken strength?
As said above: it can vary from 0 to 6, where 0 means being sober, just like in real life ;)
The exact formula for a misstep goes like this:
Code:
if(rand() % (7 - strength) == 0) {
   //random step
}
Which means that at strength=1 it's 1/6, at 2 it's 1/5, and so on, until 1/1.
Attempting to set the strength higher than 6 results in error message and is overwritten with 6.

Interesting for the looktype, I don't see any monsters that have a 0 followed by an item id in the cip monster pack. And for the invisible looktype OT server has no such concept. The only 4 monsters in the cip monster pack with 0,0 map to Oriental Pillars for ot servers. I guess on cip map they have those invisible monsters placed on top of those pillars?
Yes, they are placed on top of walkable pillars. It was made that way so that the name and hp bar don't appear (cause technically those monsters are invisible). Item-look is used elsewhere though, e.g. NPC Frans in Venore, or serpent spawn turning players into worms.

Last edited:
Does/Can this do TFS RevScriptSys monsters back to XML?
Not a present, it is possible to do without too much effort, basically it requires implementing the lua binding for TFS revscriptsys. I didn't implement it because I thought the demand would be low to none existent since the format is still so new.

Not a present, it is possible to do without too much effort, basically it requires implementing the lua binding for TFS revscriptsys. I didn't implement it because I thought the demand would be low to none existent since the format is still so new.
Do you think there would be much effort to go from revscript back to xml? Would be very greatful if you could.

Seems more of the 11/12+ formats are revscripts, ones im trying to convert back.

Do you think there would be much effort to go from revscript back to xml? Would be very greatful if you could.

Seems more of the 11/12+ formats are revscripts, ones im trying to convert back.
It shouldn't be any harder then any of the existing formats that are supported. One thing to note is that not all revscriptsys formats are the same. otservbr revscriptsys is slightly different from tfs revscriptsys, once I get around to it I would start with tfs revscriptsys first then consider otservbr next.

Updated to version 5.0.0

What's Changed​

• Cip Mon Format
    • Add support for parsing strength spells
    • Add support for parsing melee which inflicts poison damage
    • Fix formula for calculating drunkenness strength
    • Fix parsing speed spells
    • Fix parsing whisper sounds
    • Fix parsing of beam and strike spells
    • Fix outfit spells being offensive or defensive
  • TibiaWiki Format
    • Massive improvements to input and output of abilities. Invisible, paralyze, drunk, field, and outfit abilities are now parsed to some degree.
    • Rewrite loot parser to capture known monster loot table, drop statistics, and reward chest statistics.
    • Add support for new parameters attacktype and lightcolor
    • Add logic to determine article when not provided on TW
    • Fix logic parsing summon counts
  • TFS XML Format
    • Add output of race information
    • Improve logic for setting max summon count
    • Fix logic setting convincible mana cost
    • Fix output of DOT on melee
    • Fix input parsing of dazzled condition
  • TFS Revsysriptsys Format
    • Fix logic setting convincible mana cost

In addition I have made over 1k contributions to tibiawiki to improve the abilities defined there and added new ability templates to make it easier to write abilities on the wiki and parse them with my tool.

Last edited:
I used the tool to convert from XML to Revscript, however when I use /reload scripts, the exe crashes, so every change in monsters I will have to restart the server, I would have to revert the revs For XML, would it be possible?

Back