• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTC 1.0 Comparison

from what I understand, the purpose of this topic was just to call the community to help
Well... no. This is not how you encourage people to work/help. You don't have to be Hitler to know how to talk to people so they will follow you, but damn, Night Wolf did a bad job here.

I was referring to my video, a question, why are you so concerned about that, 1.0 has become a threat? Will your commission decrease?

Didn't even want to talk about it, but your boss came up saying shit, I'm almost deepen into Opengl just to end this monopoly.
Man this is simple just keep working and shutting up some mouths here 😎you wont get nothing replying unnecessary comments

Don't speak ill of my google translator. :p

Dude, relax 'noname' is superior there is no denying it, from what I understand, the purpose of this topic was just to call the community to help.
Dude you did a great work and theres no one denying that.
But why did we need a thread like this? Thats my point there and @Night Wolf should drop this butthurt behaviour towards kondrah if he wants community to help. Gotta move on dude @Night Wolf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude you did a great work and theres no one denying that.
But what the fuck is this thread? Why did we need a thread like this? Thats my point there and @Night Wolf should drop this butthurt behaviour towards kondrah if he wants community to help. Gotta move on dude @Night Wolf.

I got confused...
How does Kondrah help the community?

I got confused...
How does Kondrah help the community?
In a way he did help by bringing production ready client that you can edit (a lot can be made with modules). How does one even think about using original OTC for a noteworthy server is beyond me and owners should prepare for a lot of negative feedback from players.

In a way he did help by bringing production ready client that you can edit (a lot can be made with modules). How does one even think about using original OTC for a noteworthy server is beyond me and owners should prepare for a lot of negative feedback from players.
Ok let me jump in cause ur answer just got me, lets say im a single person that want to make his dream come true which is creating his own server and there is the moment i need to jump into otclient src and add stuff in the "better client" and wops i cant do the custom feature i wanted to add cause i dont have acces to the 10% of src and now im in dead end cause im a single person that cant afford the client to buy so how i can possible create something that will not get "negative feedback from players", in this case "better client" is not better

I took a moment to read my entire topic again and I'm not sure If am retarded or what because I don't see anything wrong in what I wrote.

Reading things like "if you want people to contribute you should stop doing comparisons" it's like you're just trying to find a excuse to not help at all and put the blame on me instead, such hipocrisy here.
@Peonso, There are alot of people that I know that told me you used them for your own purposes and then discarted them, you should check your attitude before saying anything about me because you clear don't know who I am and what I want to achieve here (despite I'm making it so obvious so many times).
And his point is "HOW WE FIGHT GREEDY", and not "HOW WE MOVE THE PROJECT FOWARD".
You can't understand how those two thing relate? really? Is this really a gap in your cognitive capacities or are you just forcing to understand what you want?

I need to believe on something? I thought the comparison was stating facts. I think you are missing my point. My point is that Night Wolf once again is doing nothing for the sake of this community when wasting effort and time to bash kondra with bullshit. He clearly wanted to make fun of a guy that spent months to make something, when comparing results with a guy spent 2 week of his free time to do better, but failed misarable with a half-assed comparison that actually serves for nothing, as the parameters where too different. Once again a thread with him combating kondra, asking community to deliever more and no link of a github page with code from himself.
The fact that you don't know what I do for the community doesn't mean I don't do anything. Just discussing here and raising a voice for those who feel the same way about otland and our current ways of working is already doing more than you for instance. When you say I'm bashing kondrah what exactly do you mean? I'm just saying that people tend to supervalorize otcv8 and kondra but in reality it's just a guy who found a niche and is selling some changes he made on top of edubart's product.

In one side you have someone who do otcv8 for living for 2 years now and in another you have a random guy who just appeared in the community and in 2 weeks already made several improvements alone. Imagine if we team up with this guy, there won't be this niche to be explored anymore and that's seems great, isn't?

Next time he could approach it with "another guy is tackling OTC performing issues and showing great progress, community might have an open source alternative to OTCV8 soon. Let's look the comparison and what is ahead of this project", and worry by what he can do instead of bashing and fighting.
Please read my topic again, this is exactly how I talked about...

Well... no. This is not how you encourage people to work/help. You don't have to be Hitler to know how to talk to people so they will follow you, but damn, Night Wolf did a bad job here.
A comparison with Hitler just because I said "hey guys, don't buy V8, there are several bugs there which kondra is not even aware, it's a semi finalized product that he's scamming people into just because there aren't alternatives". I'm literally just promoting otc1.0 in this topic, you must be really butthurted to focus so much in other aspects of the text instead of the main message: LET'S WORK ON 1.0.

i agree, its amazing what mehah is doing, but these nightwolf threads are just ruining it, this guy must have some mental problems, unbelievable...
I have nothing related to Mehah except that we are from the same country, just wanted to raise awareness on the project and the fact that it has been amazingly improved in just 2 weeks. What exactly am I ruining? Judging by the number of posts you have it's not like you're not someone's fake account either way.

this thread is disgusting
This comment is disgusting, let's puke together then...

But what the fuck is this thread? Why did we need a thread like this? Thats my point there and @Night Wolf should drop this butthurt behaviour towards kondrah if he wants community to help. Gotta move on dude @Night Wolf.
I'm not butthurted, I compared both projects because otcv8 is great and used by several people. If we work together we could make something better and open source that will be accessible for everyone to use standardizing the tools we use and therefore improving it as a community.
This has nothing to do with kondra or v8, my goal is to make something BETTER than cipsoft, not mimic it.
If the community don't help, it's not me that they will harm, we will only stay forever in this loop cycle of everything I want I'll either have to do myself or buy. It seems much an excuse to don't do shit and put the blame on me "I won't help because Night Wolf is butthurted", as if you ever were planning to help in first place :)

The approach he chose to took is not efficient and is also not healthy. That fact that people use it without src is just a synthom of not having any other alternative. This isn't helping, this is like giving coins to a hobo. It feels like you're helping but in fact you're doing it just for your own satisfaction as sparing a few changes aren't going to actually help him.
Post automatically merged:

Ok let me jump in cause ur answer just got me, lets say im a single person that want to make his dream come true which is creating his own server and there is the moment i need to jump into otclient src and add stuff in the "better client" and wops i cant do the custom feature i wanted to add cause i dont have acces to the 10% of src and now im in dead end cause im a single person that cant afford the client to buy so how i can possible create something that will not get "negative feedback from players", in this case "better client" is not better
If you're creating your own server you'll definetely reach the point where the src will be a road blocker, you'll then have two options: pay a lot of money (dolar is currently R$5.31 so you can imagine how it costs for the vast majority of server owners who are from Brazil, it's literally a brand new car of curent year) or just try your best to workaround it through modules which can cause errors (assuming you manage to actually make it work) or even harm your server creating exploits.

Last edited:
Welcome to broken dreams. You have a choice, right? Use client that is optimized and stable but has some limits or use the one that is not stable nor optimized but has no limits.

A comparison with Hitler
Get some education about Hitler then. I haven't compared you or anyone to him. One of skills that Hitler had was giving speeches. Why do you think Nazis did what they did? Because when Germany was a mess, broke and poor that's when Hitler came and with his WORDS he made Germany the most powerful nation in Europe during WW2.
You don't have that skill, you are trying to make one side look better by shitting on the other. That's what made this thread what it is now.

How you should have write your post is (in short):
Here is a comparison between two OTClients, OTClientv8 made by kondrah (don't be pathetic with your "unnamed" naming) and OTClient1.0 by Mehah.
(insert screenshots, but make them look the same, with same amount of tiles, monsters, spell effects etc.)

OTCv8 was/is in development for over 6 months now and results are fascinating.
OTC1.0 is in development for 2 weeks now and it's already getting close in performance to what OTCv8 achieves.

There is a lot of work and testing yet to do but with your help, this process can be sped up. We can make a production ready client that is fully open-source, without limits and that can make Open Tibia Community great again!

If you have old computers or laptops (8-15 years old) and would like to do some testing, please do and report to us/Mehah.
If you have some experience with OpenGL/DirectX, maybe you can help Mehah develop and make OTC1.0 even better.

Welcome to broken dreams. You have a choice, right? Use client that is optimized and stable but has some limits or use the one that is not stable nor optimized but has no limits.
What a shitty attitude mate, this isn't about choices. What the hell are you even talking about.

You don't have that skill, you are trying to make one side look better by shitting on the other. That's what made this thread what it is now.
Dude with this explanation you just showed me two things:
  • You didn't had history classes
  • You don't have interpretation skills

All Hitler speeches were to turn germans against the world and against rich people (jews) that refused to lend money to help rebuilding Germany after the WW1 ended and the others countries imposed heavy war taxes on them. Fragile and motivated, he was the catarsis that triggered the overexaggerated nationality in people and what made everything that came after possible. After this we learned two things:
  • Cornering someone without giving them option will make them attack.
  • The more fragile someone is, more convincible they are.

Get your facts straight little man...
How you should have write your post is (in short):
Code:
Here is a comparison between two OTClients, OTClientv8 made by kondrah (don't be pathetic with your "unnamed" naming) and OTClient1.0 by Mehah.
(insert screenshots, but make them look the same, with same amount of tiles, monsters, spell effects etc.)

OTCv8 was/is in development for over 6 months now and results are fascinating.
OTC1.0 is in development for 2 weeks now and it's already getting close in performance to what OTCv8 achieves.

There is a lot of work and testing yet to do but with your help, this process can be sped up. We can make a production ready client that is fully open-source, without limits and that can make Open Tibia Community great again!

If you have old computers or laptops (8-15 years old) and would like to do some testing, please do and report to us/Mehah.
If you have some experience with OpenGL/DirectX, maybe you can help Mehah develop and make OTC1.0 even better.
First of all, you wanted me to LIE? Kondra told he was working on it by the beginning of last year, in October he made his version beta version on github as you can see below:
1593896738595.png
Doesn't seem 6 months to me...

I know you like to lick kondra boots, but you don't need me to do the same, in my personal opinion he just picked edubart work, fixed a few stuff and imported a layout we have here at otland and called it his own product. We have already tested Mehah version on old and new computers, the results are quite close (~2% less fps). If you want to help in any way, you don't you stop picking in my topic and help us to design a new UX and the rest of modules that we will use?

What a shitty attitude mate, this isn't about choices. What the hell are you even talking about.
Talking about something not related to this thread but post I replied to.

Dude with this explanation you just showed me two things:
  • You didn't had history classes
  • You don't have interpretation skills
All Hitler speeches were to turn germans against the world and against rich people (jews) that refused to lend money to help rebuilding Germany after the WW1 ended and the others countries imposed heavy war taxes on them.
Bullshit, I won't even argue about this, I bet that whatever you were taught in school about Hitler is close to what they do in USA, which is mostly lies and then shit like "Polish death camp" is said by fucking presidents (I'm looking at you, Obama).

First of all, you wanted me to LIE? Kondra told he was working on it by the beginning of last year, in October he made his version beta version on github as you can see below:
View attachment 47184
Doesn't seem 6 months to me...
Oh for crying out loud... Just correct me, not yell at me. Well, then he worked for 8 months before releasing.
I've been working on it since march 2019, spent almost 1000h and created an amazing client.

I know you like to lick kondra boots
If only my posts in his thread weren't deleted to prove you how wrong you are.

We have already tested Mehah version on old and new computers, the results are quite close (~2% less fps).
Then show us this, a PROPER comparison and tests for god sake.

If you want to help in any way, you don't you stop picking in my topic and help us to design a new UX and the rest of modules that we will use?
Why don't YOU do something instead of just creating threads? I had my 5 min where I cared about OT but that is past.

He is not helping on any way but on releasing OTC v8 private source allowing players to have what, a better client interface? What you're mentioning here about "a lot can be made with modules", this is already possible with stock OTC, his free client is just a way to promote himself on otland and get people to pay for it, he's able to do this and so are we. However, it doesn't stop the fact that the client is overpriced since what he is charging is basically a made from 0 client, when in reality it is based on an already existing client and what is he giving to the author? Nothing, and to the community? Nothing.

We will stick to support OTC v1.0 along since it's the best approach for the otland community, and otcv8 is not part of otland community at all.

He is not helping on any way but on releasing OTC v8 private source allowing players to have what, a better client interface?
Say that to all these users and servers that use v8.

We will stick to support OTC v1.0
Do it! I do it too, I never said anything bad about 1.0, at least I didn't mean to. If 1.0 will be production ready and released, you can expect a lot of stuff from me to be released, as a gratitude to all contributors. I can't personally help Mehah, I have never worked with OpenGL or DirectX and I would need to spend next month learning before contributing and that's not happening. But that's why I'm not criticizing others work like Night Wolf does because I can't do better. I will gladly move away from v8 to anything else as long as it's production ready.

I'll share my take on things.
Great job so far, Mehah! We need people like you in this community.
Kondra is good on what he's doing (seemingly so), and serves as a motivation for others to do better.
Constantly comparing Kondra's work to others? Eh, sure, just don't go overboard with pointing fingers.

As for the rest of you, great that you're having a discussion. Just, don't hate on Night Wolf. Don't hate on Kondra and don't hate on Mehah - don't hate on anyone!
Bad pressure and stress online is actually a real thing. Hate online is a real thing. Mental health is a real thing.
Keep it civilized is all we're asking of you.

Cheers!

Great Work!
A concerning thing about OTCLIENT V8, in every version of OTCV8 there is a set time programmed by their Developers. After this time the client stops working completely! You can test this yourself by downloading otcv8 and changing your windows time to 1 year from now. You will see the client will automatically close after trying to login.
This is very weird practice.
Post automatically merged:

Update to my Previous post! Seems this is removed in 2.4+ which is OTCV8 current version! But in previous versions it would crash if u changed clock to a year in the future. Maybe there is some different mechanic for this in the neweer versions or hopefully its removed.

Last edited:
Great Work!
A concerning thing about OTCLIENT V8, in every version of OTCV8 there is a set time programmed by their Developers. After this time the client stops working completely! You can test this yourself by downloading otcv8 and changing your windows time to 1 year from now. You will see the client will automatically close after trying to login.
This is very weird practice.
Lol 😂 nobody was aware of that lmao 🤣 i didnt test yet but if it is true hmmm bye otc8

Lol 😂 nobody was aware of that lmao 🤣 i didnt test yet but if it is true hmmm bye otc8

Well reead my updated post :p Seems its removed. But u can try on old versions, and u see its like this! U can also see posts of confused server owners in old otcv8 threads. Where the versions stopped working after some months

I'll share my take on things.
Great job so far, Mehah! We need people like you in this community.
Kondra is good on what he's doing (seemingly so), and serves as a motivation for others to do better.
Constantly comparing Kondra's work to others? Eh, sure, just don't go overboard with pointing fingers.

As for the rest of you, great that you're having a discussion. Just, don't hate on Night Wolf. Don't hate on Kondra and don't hate on Mehah - don't hate on anyone!
Bad pressure and stress online is actually a real thing. Hate online is a real thing. Mental health is a real thing.
Keep it civilized is all we're asking of you.

Cheers!
Thank you for moderating the post, it was about time...
Unfortunately people to criticize we have a bunch already, people to actually offer to help we aint got any volunteers yet.

In my opinion, kondra is not wrong selling his client for 5k dollars. Supply and demand law.

You guys who say this is a price from a client made from scratch, you are totally wrong and you probably don't work as a developer. Even in Brazil where the salary is not so good, programmers cost a lot for any company. A simple junior software analyst costs R$ 5000+ here and I really doubt a single one can made a fully working client from scratch in less than 6 months.

What kondra does is promote his client for free letting anyone use it, and sell it for big servers which have money to pay for it and needs customizations.

I would never pay 5k buckets for a client, but I know there are some companies who can do that.

And about some comments regarding pull requests not being accepted in official otclient branch, this is bullshit... I've seen the pull request and Mehah sent 5 different things in a single PR, changing more than 100 files. This is so wrong in git. How do anyone would expect this being accepted?

I know Mehah is doing a great job, and I find his job amazing! Please continue helping this community! But for others who are criticizing anyone for selling anything not made from scratch, please stop. If you think it's not fair or it's too expensive, just don't buy it.

Back