• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTC 1.0 Comparison

In a way, I think many people actually started learning some stuff when they reached tfs project. If you stop to think about it, we need to draw a line where exactly is real IA (things we could actually put in tfs so we could benefit and make others understand it's concepts and uses) and what is the conceptual IA, that is the one people usually use terms as "disappearing jobs" or "singularity".

I can 100% affirm you that the conceptual IA simply does not exist at this point and probably won't exist anytime soon (the current projection is >10 years). When we talk about GANs drawing sprites, isn't about replacing spriters from the community. If you understood the concepts and the constraints we have to deal with this kind of technology you would understand that the people that would benefit more out of it would be specially those spriters. It's impossible at this moment to talk about replacing people jobs, IA has become much more a way to actually assist the workers to be more efficient and focus their time doing tasks in which IA don't have a ground yet.

Now, indeed is a trend over the years that technology makes people be replaced but that has literally nothing to do with current IA statuses but rather with overall automation in jobs that relied too much on manual choruses. If all you know to do is press a button, you should fear technology and not because it will take over the world but simply because it has a more adaptative potential than you do.

I'll make a separate thread about it, probably explaining some basics concepts and showing a demo. Understanding what exactly we are talking about may be the ground 0 for us having a more mature discussion over this new technology and how to benefit from it.

What made otclient v8 so popular? The otc bot, is infinite times better than candy bot (sorry edubart).
I saw the otc bot be released, and the discord group got a lot of new members and they ask some things like: how to do it automatically? It builded a community arround the client. But if someone build a bot better than otc v8 bot, people will change their client (if kondra don't copy all functions from the open source project)

What made otclient v8 so popular? The otc bot, is infinite times better than candy bot (sorry edubart).
I saw the otc bot be released, and the discord group got a lot of new members and they ask some things like: how to do it automatically? It builded a community arround the client. But if someone build a bot better than otc v8 bot, people will change their client (if kondra don't copy all functions from the open source project)
People actually use bots because no server thought through on how to improve user experience from Tibia.
It is a very tedious and repetitive game and so people bot as a symptom of the lack of better options. (Also because the reward is too big and the punishment chances are too small). Some otadmins actually use bot as a way to increase their numbers with "fake" players that aren't there playing and because it's easier than forbidding bots and having to deal with it (manual or automatized ways to detect it).
Apart from that, we have several people that simply don't like bot but have not option instead of v8 today so they opt to use it instead of having it in the client and forbidding it on server (which makes no sense).

This all will change once Mehah finishes his optimizations and we have a UX friendly layout on otc 1.0. Once I manage to find a way to call python scripts from tfs we may start a new trend in the community to forbid bots, and so people will have to improve the game experience to retain players.

:)

Last edited:

Actually I give a chance to ot client v8 and I liked a lot the layout. The "classic mode" is very similar to Tibia 12, even playing old servers... I played a server 9.1 using this client and it was pretty nice to have hotkey bars like tibia 12, panels, etc.

OT 1.0 revision 2787, even fps hitting 30, is very smooth.

I managed to do that, with this wonderful code.
Code:
if lastFrame + 10 < millis() then
  renderNewFrameToCache()
  lastFrame = millis()
end
renderFrameFromCache()

Last edited:
sad it is only for high versions :( keep it up anyway mate

The moment we have a working OTclient for any one version, the moment versions become mostly irrelevant. You could have a server running on 10.98 protocol and because you don't need to use global client anymore, you just ship your players with an OTclient and modify the SPR, DAT & OTB files to have it look and function like your preferred version, be it 7.x, 8.x or w/e.

By the way, how hard would it be to add support for a new, modernized and easily editable SPR & DAT formats to OTclient?

sad it is only for high versions :( keep it up anyway mate

I'm out of time, but the community is free to request a 'PR' to fix compatibility issues.

The moment we have a working OTclient for any one version, the moment versions become mostly irrelevant. You could have a server running on 10.98 protocol and because you don't need to use global client anymore, you just ship your players with an OTclient and modify the SPR, DAT & OTB files to have it look and function like your preferred version, be it 7.x, 8.x or w/e.

By the way, how hard would it be to add support for a new, modernized and easily editable SPR & DAT formats to OTclient?

this needs to be studied.

So i have tested three OTC's -> Edubarts , Mehahs and Kondrahs, i dont have any GPU im using integrated graphic card from my i7 10700 CPU.
I have big fps drops both on Edubarts and Mehahs client but Kondrahs is just smoothly, any ideas why? from what i see u are managing to have good results using ur computer.

So i have tested three OTC's -> Edubarts , Mehahs and Kondrahs, i dont have any GPU im using integrated graphic card from my i7 10700 CPU.
I have big fps drops both on Edubarts and Mehahs client but Kondrahs is just smoothly, any ideas why? from what i see u are managing to have good results using ur computer.
very strange, make sure you have not compiled in debug mode, if yes, this is probably the problem.

attached client rev 2923

Attachments

Back