• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTChaos 9.1 Mapping Thread ~

PandaNecro

Reaction score
~ OTChaos 9.1 Mapping Thread ~

OTChaos 9.1 is a completely custom server with a 100% custom map , this thread is just to keep everyone up to speed on what we're currently working on and what we have done,

Chaos City 1
screenshot_2012-03-31-14-6-12.jpg
Chaos City 2
screenshot_2012-03-31-14-6-28.jpg
Hard & Easy Road (Old Chaos players should understand what this is)
screenshot_2012-03-31-1-8-7.jpg
Garden Grove
screenshot_2012-03-31-1-4-3.jpg
Golgotha 1
screenshot_2012-03-31-1-7-6.jpg

*Note, the map isn't 100% Complete, so what you see now most likely will be changed with time.

Golgotha 2
screenshot_2012-03-31-1-7-25.jpg
Ancient City
screenshot_2012-03-31-1-7-44.jpg
New entrance to the path that goes into OB Halls
screenshot_2012-04-1-1-58-28.jpg

screenshot_2012-03-31-1-5-58.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

By the look of it, yes.

I can't see anything. Zoom in and put direct links in the [noparse]
[/noparse] void.

OtChaos was fun before Open tibia evolved into bigger and better servers, I guess if you got the original files etc some players might play it. I found it fun but would only ever play the original. To be quite honest, your revamps of the map is worse than the original.

k this map isn't made to compeate with the map of other big servers, the original map was shit to begin with,when we converted the map into 9.1 and had to remake all the tiles walls etc, for old players it should be fun, for anyone who doesn't like the map and has never played chaos before, just ignore the thread bro =3

I think he means the way you've redone the ground tiles into new sprites, I'd rather keep most of sprites the same as the 7.6 version, and just update the Client version to around 9.1 or something and just disable hotkeys.

The sprites you've decided to use, i.e the dried grass spammed throughout Chaos City, looks disgusting :/

Lol i couldn't auctally keep the old 7.6 sprites, we tryed that, instead of the sprites all that appeared was a shit load of red squares, as for chaos city, if you guys prefer it we could just redo the tiles etc exactly like they used to be.

I'm pretty sure a big part of OtChaos was no Hotkeys (for runes etc), it took skill. The fact you're converting it to 9.1 is just wrong, tibia has gotten easier in terms of Hotkeys and spells etc. OtChaos was oldschool because of not having hotkeys.

Lol i'll of course be disabling hotkeys, or i could always just put the server up in 7.6, just not sure how popular it would be compared to if i make it 9.1

Greatest server of all time, in my opinion.
Back then, most of the extra features on OTChaos were never-before-seen or very rare, like damage increase percentage, click on item to automatically sell, buying hp/mana max increase, so on so forth.
It was really at the height of 7.6 era, but now all of these features are everywhere; and there's just so many new things in 9.1 that makes OTChaos look like another random server out there.
I'm also pretty sure that OTChaos started the "donation system" era, I can't recall any other server that allowed players to purchase bonus equipment at that time.
<shivers> too nostalgic.

Okay, anyways, yeah the map looks very similar, but I agree with them, why change it?
You should take the actual original, unedited map and work from that, no need to change any grounds or stuff.

Question for you guys, would you prefer a 9.1 chaos wich was my teams original plans or would you guys prefer the original 7.6 chaos. ?

Back