• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTCi - OTClient improvement project

Hello.
Yesterday Nilan checked the amount of FPS in different cases.
It will help us, and maybe you too:

Conclusion:
- The size of monsters is not that important.
- Items have a big impact on FPS.
- Monsters have a big impact on FPS.

Today I have improved getSpectators() function.
These functions you can find in otclient/src/client/map.cpp in various versions.

If someone browses the OTClient code, he already knows that this function required changes, which were suggested by the comment in the code. This function is used in battle module, so I believe that this will positively affect on using this module but this change requires more tests.
Soon Nilan will test the "Monsters on the screen" point again with my getSpectators() function and I will tell you if it works well.

I also contacted the company. They are at the stage of code analysis. It takes time... however, I understand that OTClient requires time - the OTClient learning process is not easy.

Are the monster tests done with battle list open? Have you run this tests limiting interface fps to a reasonable number? (30-60?) That thing alone can take 90% of your performance off.

118fps with MAX interface FPS

389 with 60 interface FPS

513 with 30 interface FPS

The battle list have the biggest hit but any other module open will take some fps. Limitting interface fps highly mitigates this issue.

If we can increase performance by just closing modules or reducing interface FPS, ain't a better option to optimize interface instead?

Is there a reason you arn't addressing anyones concerns that have been stated over the last week? @4drik

This guy should be banned already, its clearly hes trying too scam the community.
Otherwise he had some clear answers..

Is there a reason you arn't addressing anyones concerns that have been stated over the last week? @4drik
I don't see see anything that I could take seriously. I explained everything in the first post.
I saw a post where the user asks what I'm going to do. He probably didn't read the first post if he had the audacity to write it.
I also saw a post where the user complains that Bit Hit does not reply to him.
I have a suspicion why they don't reply after reading his posts, but I do not interfere in such matters.

This topic is about the OTClient and its improvement (performance, features, fixes).
This is what I intend to focus on, and I leave topics on whether I have Adblock detector on my site and how this affects on this project to you.

OK, to the point.
@BahamutxD suggested well, the interface frame limit affects the entire game.
In next tests, we will pay more attention to this, thank you.
Improved getSpectator function slightly increased performance, however, so little that we focus on other things.
At this point, we're working on optimizing drawing creature information (health, name, icons).
We also made some research into animation problems on higher protocols and we will deal with it soon.
We also improved LuaObject::getClassName() function, just like the comment todo indicated.

More information soon.

I don't see see anything that I could take seriously. I explained everything in the first post.
I saw a post where the user asks what I'm going to do. He probably didn't read the first post if he had the audacity to write it.
I also saw a post where the user complains that Bit Hit does not reply to him.
I have a suspicion why they don't reply after reading his posts, but I do not interfere in such matters.

This topic is about the OTClient and its improvement (performance, features, fixes).
This is what I intend to focus on, and I leave topics on whether I have Adblock detector on my site and how this affects on this project to you.

OK, to the point.
@BahamutxD suggested well, the interface frame limit affects the entire game.
In next tests, we will pay more attention to this, thank you.
Improved getSpectator function slightly increased performance, however, so little that we focus on other things.
At this point, we're working on optimizing drawing creature information (health, name, icons).
We also made some research into animation problems on higher protocols and we will deal with it soon.
We also improved LuaObject::getClassName() function, just like the comment todo indicated.

More information soon.
The fact that several of us, mods & admins as well have said things, that you have completely ignored, and you feel doesn't deserve a response, tells me alot.

Goodluck with this, from what I've seen I would never support this in it's current state, and would urge most of you to be cautious at the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wtf why knighter flaning?? Knighter has already fixad most important bugs with otclient in his ots and instead of sharing fixes he flaming only Guy thats trying to fix those issues for the community

Wtf why knighter flaning?? Knighter has already fixad most important bugs with otclient in his ots and instead of sharing fixes he flaming only Guy thats trying to fix those issues for the community
Being this retard dumb.

Being this retard dumb.
whats retarded about this?

knighter is descouraging the only guy trying to fix this otclient thats been broken for years
knighter himself has had these major bugs fixed for years without sharing, i dont see how he suddently cares about the ot community now. he sais he would donate big amounts to get it beter, but instead hes here just discouarging the only guy working to fix it. knighter could just share the fixes he has for things like walking if he truly cared since its one of the main things i see people complain about and the main thing that makes otclient feel really bad for new protocol

i wish u keep working on this 4drik, dont listen to haters they are just people that dont want a good otclient to be public

Last edited:
Just as knighter stated, the concept of this thread is fantastic, I wouldn't mind donating a good amount to this particular purpose either, the problem is that the owner of the thread is deliberately ignoring the concerns of most of us, there is an important lack of transparency and I believe most of us who are willing to support the goal, would actually like some more information, details, so we can know our money will be put into good use.

I really hope @Don Daniello or any staff member from this community is willing to consider to actually embrace this idea and get involved into it, It would honestly be a huge success and would help so many people.

Anyway, best of luck, hope you guys are legit and achieve the noble goal you have!

Last edited:
I know that you are putting up a facade with this alt account of yours but I seriously hope that you aren't this dumb in reality. But please do tell in what way Knighter is discouraging OP by mentioning the obvious concerns that revolves around this topic?

As for the fixes, would you please be a kind soul and enlighten us all what they are (besides idle animation)? I can upload a fix for the idle animation later today (or this weekend), but I won't keep backwards compatibility in mind.

hello i think idle animations, walking animations very poor for new protocols fixing this will make it client seem much more smooth. and sharing would be good for all ots that use otclient, nice to see u can upload fixes for this very good!
and this archlights has had tons of players with otclient, i think maybe you could share what biggest issue players has had with the client is instead of just flaming 4drik doing his best. then he knows what to focus on
i think its discouraging because 4drik trying his best to improve it. and now getting flamed for trying to do something nice for the community instead of work together :)

Last edited:
The only person to stand in his way is none but himself. He needs to gain the public's trust if he wants people to donate money for this cause but he fails miserably doing so due to his refusal of addressing all of their concerns (doesn't matter whether their question is unimportant or not).

I personally wish him the best of luck but he needs to change his attitude for this to lead anywhere.

hello i think idle animations, walking animations very poor for new protocols fixing this will make it client seem much more smooth. and sharing would be good for all ots that use otclient, nice to see u can upload fixes for this very good!
and this archlights has had tons of players with otclient, i think maybe you could share what biggest issue players has had with the client is instead of just flaming 4drik doing his best. then he knows what to focus on
i think its discouraging because 4drik trying his best to improve it. and now getting flamed for trying to do something nice for the community instead of work together :)
He's not being flamed just for the hell of it. He's deliberately ignoring certain posts and refusing to answer important questions about a project he's asking money for from the community.

@4drik
I'm also confused why you're posting before & after FPS changes before this company has even started optimizations; you said a few posts ago they were only at the code analysis stage. Are you doing changes on your own time as well?

I'm sure most people would like to see OTClient excel, but that won't happen when the person taking the initiative is acting sketchy.

Hello.
I don't believe how much effort I have to put in order to you notice how seriously I treat this project.

I am asking one person to dedicate a little time and write out all the questions that have not been answered.
I will try to answer them today.
He's not being flamed just for the hell of it. He's deliberately ignoring certain posts and refusing to answer important questions about a project he's asking money for from the community.

@4drik
Are you doing changes on your own time as well?
- I'm not asking for money. If you don't want to support the project, nothing will happen.
- Yes, I said clearly that I made all the changes personally. I've been working on OTClient for two years now and I know it very well.
Bit Hit Studio has not yet provided me any changes but declarations that they analyze the code.
However, there are also two experienced people in my team.
They take care of updater module and walking animation fix right now. It's almost finished, but I've already written it.
I feel like I'm repeating myself, but if it helps someone - it's OK.

Hello.
I don't believe how much effort I have to put in order to you notice how seriously I treat this project.

I am asking one person to dedicate a little time and write out all the questions that have not been answered.
I will try to answer them today.

- I'm not asking for money. If you don't want to support the project, nothing will happen.
- Yes, I said clearly that I made all the changes personally. I've been working on OTClient for two years now and I know it very well.
Bit Hit Studio has not yet provided me any changes but declarations that they analyze the code.
However, there are also two experienced people in my team.
They take care of updater module and walking animation fix right now. It's almost finished, but I've already written it.
I feel like I'm repeating myself, but if it helps someone - it's OK.

Not sure if it will help, but you / they can skip the animation fix, I have no problem giving the "fix" away I just wanna know it's 100% working before I release it.
If there is something they should take care of it would be the animation problems (fps and lights etc)
The animation fix is nothing if we can't use the client IMO ..

Cyntara is already running my animation fix to test it (and have a done for a while), but they have a problem with side stepping that im not sure if it's a change they have made or if im missing something in my fix.

Not super active with my OTC project atm, if I see some activity with this, you and me can take a look at what have been fixed in my version compared to the github version.

Hi guys, I am working with two very experienced programmers to help me solve the problem. After three weeks of examining the project, they have determined that all graphic management is a real disaster.

It uses prehistoric methods and almost completely obsolete. Use the version of openGL 3.0, which is very old!

They tell me that it would be faster to directly change the graphic engine of the game, which is a huge job, of more than a year which entails a very high economic investment.
Repair the current graphic engine is patching a code badly worked, very messy and patched. It is patching the patched.

In short, otclient is not viable. I hope you understand my bad English.

(EDITED)
I have the reports of the programmers that validate that it is not viable to choose to redesign the graphic system (in Spanish)

Back