• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient compiling error

Zolias

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently trying to compile OTClient. I used the following instructions Compiling on Windows · edubart/otclient Wiki · GitHub and have all the required software (using VS2015). I am aware that the guide is apparently outdated but I have no up to date ones.

Now, I can open the solution properly and everything seems fine. I have downloaded the OTClient library as well as boost 1_63_0 (despite it not being mentioned on the website). I then moved the bat file from the OTClient library folder boost_1_63_0 in the real "boost_1_63_0" folder. I then used the .bat file from the OTClient library and then used the .bat file in the boost_1_63_0 folder. Afterwards, I open up the solution and try to build it but I get the following error:

I assume it is missing the libraries despite me using the .bat files. Does anyone have experience with this issue and can enlighten me? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
register_otclient_sdk_env.bat should be inside otclient-sdk-master folder, then you run it.
register_otclient_boost_env.bat should be inside boost_1_63_0, then you run it (there is a boost_1_63_0 folder inside otclient-sdk-master folder).

I actually manage to compile it, Windows 7, VS 2015, x64, but when I run it I got this error window:
Code:
otclient.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

I got it compiled after hundreds warnings, people at discord told me it's default for otclient. I followed wiki guide. No idea what is missing.

@Peonso, copy glew32.dll and zlib.dll files into your otclient directory and try again, it should work.

Last edited:
It depends on type of linking - if you compile with static linking, no dlls are required. However, the error you got is exactly the same as mine when I compiled with dynamic linking, and copying these dlls worked for me. Did you copy dlls from the otclient-sdk, bin/x64 directories?

It depends on type of linking - if you compile with static linking, no dlls are required. However, the error you got is exactly the same as mine when I compiled with dynamic linking, and copying these dlls worked for me. Did you copy dlls from the otclient-sdk, bin/x64 directories?
Yeah! Gonna try to compile with static liking to see what happens.

edit
Actually it worked once I tried the x86 version instead of x64, thx!

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. I have tried it exactly as you described @Peonso but I still get the same error. I download the fresh libraries, I use the bat in the master folder, I then go into boost_1_63_0 within the master folder and open the bat there, then I open the solution & click "Build Solution" and I get this error. Since you had success with switching versions I have tried the same but switching to a x64 built gives me even more errors.

Edit: Okay, I have somewhat solved it. I copied all the "include" folders into \programsx86\Windows Kits\8.1\Include & then added the Libs in VS under linker manually since the .bat files do not work for me at all. However, I have the exact same issue as mentioned above now. It told me it lacked 3 dll files (zlib.dll, openal32.dll & glew32.dll) which I then moved into the vc14 folder so I do not get those lack messages anymore but now I get

The program '[4464] otclient.exe' has exited with code -1073741701 (0xc000007b).

I tried your suggestion by putting the .dll in the directory but it did not change anything. Where exactly else should I put them? I have tried vc14 & the general client folder. Is it supposed to go somewhere else?

Edit 2: I'm an idiot. Made the exact same mistake and used x64 .dll's. I changed for the x84 ones and it works like a charm. Thank you very much!

/solved

Last edited:
Back