• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient OTClient V8 - Animated background - how? .mp4 or .png?

roriscrave

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
How can i put my background animated, and sound? OTCV8.... need to use .mp4 or .png?

I think you can use .apng (works same as GIF) to make the background animated.
You can change intro music by changed the startup.ogg in data/sounds

Yes, anything. APNG image, OGG audio
I also use this resource. a good website
Post automatically merged:

You can add sounds to the game. for example, go to the location and music turns on (relevant for dungeons or bos rooms). or you can make a system of NPC dialogues.

Last edited:

I converted a 14MB .mp4 video, on this website that you uploaded.
I converted only 4 seconds long and I did the conversion at 800x quality and the image (.png) was an incredible 130mb!
Why was the image so heavy? Is it possible to resolve?
the video is 22 seconds long, but I only converted 4secs

VIDEO: File size: 14.66MiB, width: 1920px, height: 1080px, type: mp4 (video), length: 00:00:22
CONVERTED .APNG: File size: 161.47MiB, width: 1920px, height: 1080px, frames: 50, type: png (animated)

configuration i used:

Export as .png sequence with alpha. Then use APNG assembler to drag and drop the .png sequence into the program.

And set delay 1 / 30 to export at 30 FPS, or 1 / 24 to 24 FPS. You can also pick your compression, zlib works fine.
1703680584707.png

Back