• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClientV8

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is very good (if not currently best) standalone OTClient for sure.
There is a second (and even better than this) option, Unity client by Slavi, open source, even more powerful than this, way easier to manage and extend.

There is a second (and even better than this) option, Unity client by Slavi, open source, even more powerful than this, way easier to manage and extend.
No, the one by Slavi is not better (at least for now) and is still not completed. This one is different, they're two different projects.

Also the 5k$ source is aimed for big servers that make this money if not more in a month. So it is kind of fair, you can always request stuff to be added, or buy small modifications to ur liking instead of buying the whole source.

Anyways, good job Kondrah, and best of luck further

I really do not want to nag about this, but I will remind users yet again to refrain from discussing the sale of any files.
The thread starter is not discussing it any longer, and neither should anyone else.
I refer to our rules.

Cheers!

No need to be rude. You didn't specify anywhere that this is possible, you should be mad at yourself and not me for not providing enough information.
Clearly sale isn't your best side.
There was nothing rude about it. This function is available in OTClient, so I agree that it is lack of your knowledge.
You have two options, C ++ or lua.

#Edit
I don't want to receive a warning, so I delete all sentences with '$'.

In my opinion, the main change is the walking system. From what I understood - the client receives confirmation every 3 steps, not every 1 step. There are advantages and disadvantages, but apparently advantages are more important. The FPS increase is good but not necessary, but I care about that the most - I hope that someday we will be able to receive optimization. Other additions such as cursor hover square or fade tile are nothing new. Of course, I believe that kondrah has put a lot of work on OTCv8 and I admire his skills, but I do not think that OTClient is a project that requires such effort to make it good, because it is already amazing.

Last edited:
There was nothing rude about it. This function is available in OTClient, so I agree that it is lack of your knowledge.
You could have read at least few more posts...

You have two options, C ++ or lua.

5000$ probably yes, but not per person. Let's be glad that we have Edubart, because his project would probably be worth 50000$ per person using the author's price list.
In my opinion, the main change is the walking system. From what I understood - the client receives confirmation every 3 steps, not every 1 step. There are advantages and disadvantages, but apparently advantages are more important. The FPS increase is good but not necessary, but I care about that the most - I hope that someday we will be able to receive optimization. Other additions such as cursor hover square or fade tile are nothing new. Of course, I believe that kondrah has put a lot of work on OTCv8 and I admire his skills, but I do not think that OTClient is a project that requires such effort to make it good, because it is already amazing.
but I will remind users yet again to refrain from discussing the sale of any files.

Now I am ashamed that I did not notice the next page. In any case, the most important message, which is in bold, I did not repeat, so it is still a valuable post.

If im not wrong this overall fps bullshit makes no sense for me why would you want even 30fps or etc when animations based only with like 3-4 frames and effects max with 10-15, so whats the point of having more fps? For better games i understand it feels smoother but common in tibia there is no such think as smooth when everything have few frames

If im not wrong this overall fps bullshit makes no sense for me why would you want even 30fps or etc when animations based only with like 3-4 frames and effects max with 10-15, so whats the point of having more fps? For better games i understand it feels smoother but common in tibia there is no such think as smooth when everything have few frames
There is... Playing 4 frames animation on 30 and 60 FPS is a big difference.

The more fps the better, obviously there is the limit, but that's the basic rule.
If you have 30 fps it might be possible that your second phase of animation starts in the middle (15th frame), when in fact it should start somewhere between 14th and 15th frame. So on 60fps you'll have it in 29th frame instead, which is close to middle but not really. Details like this makes 30 fps clunky and 60 (or more) smooth. Of course it is playable on 20 fps, but it is not the same.

It's not about a lot of FPS, 30 fps is good enough for tibia, but the problem is stability. Original otclient has a lot of bugs which freezes client a lot and it makes it unplayable. I optimized almost every function which was executing more than 10 ms to deal with fps drops. If you want an example, try to play on otclient from ArchLight Online (http://archlightonline.ca) , their otclient can have even 120 fps, but it doesn't matter because it has a lot of freezes which can lag client even for 100 ms.

Version 0.993 BETA has been released. It features a preview of bot, you can find more information on - OTCv8/otclientv8_bot (https://github.com/OTCv8/otclientv8_bot)

I also recommend to join otcv8 discord chanel if you want to know about new things first ;)

perfect. how use this client with uint16 magic & distance effect?

It's added, feature 77
Code:
GameDistanceEffectU16 = 77

g_game.enableFeature(GameDistanceEffectU16) does not work

for magiceffects work perfectly, but for distanceeffects which is a correct??

That's how it's implemented in ProtocolGame

Code:
void ProtocolGame::parseDistanceMissile(const InputMessagePtr& msg)
{
    Position fromPos = getPosition(msg);
    Position toPos = getPosition(msg);
    int shotId;
    if(g_game.getFeature(Otc::GameDistanceEffectU16))
        shotId = msg->getU16();
    else
        shotId = msg->getU8();

if(!g_things.isValidDatId(shotId, ThingCategoryMissile)) {
        g_logger.traceError(stdext::format("invalid missile id %d", shotId));
        return;
    }

is there a reason I can't connect with 127.0.0.1:7181 or 7171. Note I have plenty of knowledge about opening a server so I can connect to it. Using otclient and TFS from this post.

Also, @kondra when your cursor is on your character but your character is not highlighted (in otclient) if you shift click you should look at the ground under the character. Just wondering if that was something you knew in the tibia web client.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back