• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTCv8 - Crash on Android Client

potinho

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
I was using OTCv8 apk since 2021. Today i migrate to a newer version of OTCv8, but my mobile stop work.
New_APK.png

I follow those steps above, but when app is opening, gives a crash:
e2b544a6-acf2-46cc-88a6-17c7c4f2c3a1.png

Somebody knows how to fix and can help me? data.zip folder working fine on Windows client.

basically new otcv8 has updated luajit library to newer version, so You have to also recompile lua scripts to use newer version. Why this crash happen ? -> While encrypting client using --encrypt command otclient detects .lua extension and is doing additional step:
1. compile lua script to bytecode
2. encrypt the file

so if You can prepare data.zip from scratch again and recompile the android version with updated assets, then the problem should disappear

Last edited:
basically new otcv8 has updated luajit library to newer version, so You have to also recompile lua scripts to use newer version. Why this crash happen ? -> While encrypting client using --encrypt command otclient detects .lua extension and is doing additional step:
1. compile lua script to bytecode
2. encrypt the file

so if You can prepare data.zip from scratch again and recompile the android version with updated assets, then the problem should disappear
How to recompile LUA scripts? I need to compile a new Android apk?

take latest v8 build and execute exe with flags encryption and android
I need to compile a new Android apk?
no, just prepare data.zip and integrate with apk

And what about my files in auto updater repo, are not compiled with android option, i will need to replace all?
Post automatically merged:

When i do in this way, seems to work. But updater replace all files, like this:

1684323366647.png

I need to create a new repo to updater for android? Because after update, it crashes again.

Last edited:

When I do this is says "Unable to run script init.lua"

Last edited:
hello, when compiling android I always use: --encrypt --android

and it works perfect try it always having a previous backup
when i used this option, open. But when get files in updater, replace all encrypted files and crashes.

Back